GorTalon

Some general questions I need answered, much appreciated. :)

After doing a lot of studying on Taoism before I decided that I wanted to join, I noticed that Taoism and Jediism are very similar in that they believe that their is a "way" or a "force" that surrounds us and places us on the right track within our lives. I found that interesting and was wondering if anyone else has noticed these comparisons throughout their time as a Taoist? Anyhow, I have some general questions that I've been thinking about and any help with these would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

1. Is there any defined ranks in Taoism that I'm unaware of? IE: Student, Journeyman, Master, Grand Master?

2. Who are some of the most well known Taoist's in the world, and are they generally looked at as helping the movement or commercializing it?

3. How many members are there on these forums and how long has this place been on the web?

Thanks in advance to any help with these questions!

2. Who are some of the most well known Taoist's in the world, and are they generally looked at as helping the movement or commercializing it?

lao tzu, and chuang tzu

Yep, we are each student, journeyman, master, grandmaster, jerks, prophet, priestess - all rolled into one. B)

1. Is there any defined ranks in Taoism that I'm unaware of? IE: Student, Journeyman, Master, Grand Master?

You're comparing Taoism to Jediism?? Jedi as in Star Wars, the movies?

Uh..generally there is less use of muppets in Taoism. There are s few other differences as well. Keep up your studies.

After doing a lot of studying on Taoism before I decided that I wanted to join, I noticed that Taoism and Jediism are very similar in that they believe that their is a "way" or a "force" that surrounds us and places us on the right track within our lives. I found that interesting and was wondering if anyone else has noticed these comparisons throughout their time as a Taoist? Anyhow, I have some general questions that I've been thinking about and any help with these would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

3. How many members are there on these forums and how long has this place been on the web?

No ranks in Daoism. Ranking and Daoism are antithetical.

There are no living well-known Daoists, By nature, Daoists are very inconspicuous.

No legitimate commercialization of Daoism. No movement that needs helping.

I think the forum's been around since '04, lots of members.

Only a few are consistently active.