Sign in to follow this  
lotusbud

Hello to everyone!

:)

Hi there! I'm yet another person who has read this forum on and off for several months and decided to participate.

I started practicing qigong a few years back with a local Yan Xin group. I've been looking to find ways of expanding my interest and knowlege and motivate my practice.

Glad to meet you all!

Oh I almost forgot. I've almost learned the whole Yang style 108 move long form. (Yay! Except there is so much work to be done on it.)

Edited by lotusbud

Welcome! Nice avatar. Congrats on learning the 108 form! I think I have about 4 of the moves down now. :lol:

Welcome! Nice avatar. Congrats on learning the 108 form! I think I have about 4 of the moves down now. :lol:

Ha ha! I totally know what you mean. I can hardly stand some days. Luckily my teacher doesn't let me get away with too much before the onslaught of corrections starts. Some days I feel like I can do a passable brush knee until I start to feel what is happening in my back, all the tension. Oh well, baby steps...

2nd that!: nice avatar, name.

I started practicing qigong a few years back with a local Yan Xin group.

What is "Yan Xin"?

Welcome! :D

2nd that!: nice avatar, name.

What is "Yan Xin"?

Welcome! :D

Yan Xin is a well known qigong master trained in TCM and western medicine. He has been influencial in bringing a lot of scientific research into advanced qigong up to acceptable scientific standards, publishing research in peer reviewed journals, double blind trials etc.

His "9 Step Child Longevity Qigong" is characterized by an emphasis on cultivating virtue in life and character as a technique to support our health and tranquility, accept the teachings of masters and advance to higher levels.

Have you studied xan xin qigong?

Yes, though I must admit my understanding of it is still very elementary due to my limited knowlege of tcm and other traditions. I glean what I can from various sources and books. I still practice as often as I can manage.

The practice itself I find very comfortable (and very uncomfortable sometimes) and very beneficial so I haven't felt the urge to find other teachers yet. I'm still changing and learning, working at it and benefiting from each change, so I'm basically happy.

My Taiji study is really different, as our focus is really on the martial side of things. I know the whole 108 Yang long form now. Yay! And my teacher and fellow students are a really stelar bunch that keep me enthusiastic encourage everyone to work hard and consistently.

Looks like most folks here started off with Healing Tao stuff if I'm not mistaken. I've really enjoyed some of those books.

My Taiji study is really different, as our focus is really on the martial side of things. I know the whole 108 Yang long form now. Yay! And my teacher and fellow students are a really stelar bunch that keep me enthusiastic encourage everyone to work hard and consistently.

Welcome. lotusbud, as one newbie to another. :D

It's nice to see another martial-oriented taiji player here! And, as I always tell my students, don't sweat the TCM stuff - it'll come in time, along with the philosophy and the meditation and the spirituality and the... :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this