DanC

Eternal Spring Chi Kung

I have just started doing this Chi Kung again and I really like it, anyone else using it, its an easier form of his Nei Kung system. What I really like about is its simplicity but also its focus on strengthening the body and proper alignments.

• Like 2

I have been doing ESCK nearly every morning for the past 10 years.

It's an great start-up-your-day qigong. I equate it to a very good "qigong calesthenics" routine, though to your point it has elements of a nei gong.

I don't see it as my only qigong. However, for me it's an outstanding foundation practice. I do ESCK first, before any other qigong.

At this point, I feel like something is missing if I can't start my day with this routine. It definitely gives me a energy boost.

I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

Fu_dog,

Do you do exercises 1-12, at the moment I don't do 11-12, I will eventually add 11 in but 12 seems to be a bit tricky and more an opening for tai chi practice.

DanC -

Great question. No, I do not do Exercises 11-12 either. I do 1-10 only. I do this for the same reason you stated, 11-12 seem to be small pieces from tai chi. If I want to do tai chi, I will do an entire routine. :)

After doing ESCK exercises 1-10, I immediately do a seated Zhan Zuang routine from Master Lam Kam-Chuen's book, "Everyday Chi Kung". This makes for a very good daily morning routine.

Fu_dog

Fu_dog,

Yeah I thought exercises 11-12 were not necessary more of a warm up if your going straight into a tai chi routine. I also have everyday chi kung may also have to dig that up and start doing that again too, what section in the book do you normally do, from memory you move through the different routines weekly until you get to the more advanced levels.

Non,

I have the Nei Kung book and its way more advanced then Eternal Spring, I see it as a very physical and high level internal cultivation..

Daniel

Non - yes the Nei Kung book is good. I believe Blasto can provide you good first hand knowledge of Chu's Nei Kung.

DanC - regarding the Zhan Zuang that I do after the ESCK, I do 4 minutes each of the first three postures, which are: Lifting, Holding and Expanding. Those three benefit the lower abdomen and organs (Lifting), the middle abdomen including stomach, spleen (Holding), and the heart and lung area (Expanding). I find the combination of those three work well for me.

Fu_dog

Fu_dog,

Did you ever progress through the whole book, looks like a very planned out progression from basic to advanced, I like the look of some of the postures with subtle movements.

Daniel

Daniel -

To answer your question: No, I have not progressed through the book, as Zhan Zuang has not been my primary qigong.

Though I start my mornings with ESCK then immediately after about 12 to 15 minutes of Zhan Zuang, I consider Flying Phoenix as my main focus. To my mind, Flying Phoenix has some of the same elements as ZZ, however, it also includes the "percentage breathing" sequences to begin each exercise, which I find as added dimension.

All the best,

Fu dog