betwixter

Supreme Science Qigong

Hello all,

I was curious as to any and all's opinions on Jeff Primack's Supreme Science Qigong. Any good experiences, bad, impressions and such would be welcome. I am especially interested in anyone's experience with the 9 breath method since he touts it as the most powerful technique they have. Thanks.

I went a few years ago to the one in Orlando. I think the positive side of it is that it reaches many people with little to no Qigong experience; and it offers credits to LMTs and others.

My personal opinion is that it's very basic stuff and not intended to get you too far or advanced (at least the first session, although I did the advanced one too). Some of it seems a bit contrived and simply made-up movements but they work nonetheless for feeling the energy. I think it lacks some safeguards I would expect from such a program; no discussion about how to ensure you don't scatter Qi or what it might feel like or what to do. It is almost presented as full proof of any possible problems; just do it.

Many techniques can work. I found the 9 breath thing a bit awkward and it's counter intuitive to natural breathing but it has it's own goal. I think part of it was used for doing Tumo breathing too.

Like anything, you have to just maybe experience it yourself and then make your own judgements for what works for you. I personally don't use anything that he taught.