Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

mirror vs mirror who wins?

a 10th dan in kendo said that when you mind is still you are reflecting your oponant, but what if you and your opponant are both like mirors reflecting each other who would win then?

• Like 1

The old Lone wolf and cub manga had surprisingly deep insights into this. Particularly the last couple issues. Such mirroring had better be backed with decades of training or it's a mirror ready to be shattered.

a 10th dan in kendo said that when you mind is still you are reflecting your oponant, but what if you and your opponant are both like mirors reflecting each other who would win then?

Both will sit passively and drink tea with eachother. Without ilusions of the mind there is nothing to reflect, nothing to strike against, no reason to fight.

When they do fight, My honest believe is that one mirror will eventually snap and let one thought slip into his mind. Then its over. Calll it fate, bad luck, lack of experience. Eventually the whole purpose here is to fight only at the edge of your life. Not sooner not later. This truely is the way of wisdon and peace.

• Like 1

Ah yes... and the inevitable parallel one must consider... What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?

The answer lies inside.

Edited by fizix

Good share, Mewtwo.

That's my ideal when sword-fighting: no tension, no choosing, no watching the blades. Just smile, look at my opponent in the face, stay present, and let my body do what it needs to.

• Like 1

The old Lone wolf and cub manga had surprisingly deep insights into this. Particularly the last couple issues. Such mirroring had better be backed with decades of training or it's a mirror ready to be shattered.

Good share, Mewtwo.

That's my ideal when sword-fighting: no tension, no choosing, no watching the blades. Just smile, look at my opponent in the face, stay present, and let my body do what it needs to.

Never read Lone Wolf and Cub, but "Vagabond" is another good manga about cultivation by way of sword (based on a fictionalized story of Miyamoto Musashi).

There is a very good visual depiction of what Otis describes as well. Anger, striving, desire to win, etc etc, is portrayed as something flame-like that surrounds a swordsman. Sometimes it has a voice, sometimes multiple voices, all shouting out options, thoughts, memories, observations, etc etc etc. But in master swordsmen and veteran soldiers, as soon as their hand touches their weapon the flame disappears, they are still. And in even more skilled people, there is no flame.

There was another scene in which Musashi is traveling with this kid. The kid happens upon a priest working in the fields. Musashi looks at the priest, and suddenly sees a vision of the priest drawing a hidden blade and stabbing the kid. Musashi runs and the guy and shouts at him, but when he gets closer he sees that the priest has a very clear gaze. The priest remarks that Musashi must have a lot of anger which he saw reflected in the priest's eyes. The priest (who is himself a retired soldier), says that a man like Musashi (as he is at the time) is easy to read for a still warrior, because each of Musashi's passions gives away what his intentions are.

Good manga :)

is one of the mirrors a bagua mirror? :lol:

and if so, is it flat, convex, or concave?

this may be the result of a great master who tried to vs a bagua mirror

post-52446-130875066065_thumb.jpg

so always use caution when trying to vs a bagua mirror

post-52446-130875095567_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this