manitou

Nei Yeh Chapter 16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

If people can be aligned and tranquil,

Their skin will be ample and smooth,

Their eyes and ears will be acute and clear,

Their muscles will be supple and their bones will be strong,

They will then be able to hold up the Great Circle (of the heavens)

And tread firmly over the Great Square (of the earth).

They will mirror things with great purity,

And they will perceive things with great clarity.

Reverently be aware (of the Way) and do not waver,

And you will daily renew your inner power,

Thoroughly understand all under the heavens,

And exhaust everything within the Four Directions.

To reverently bring forth the effulgence (of the Way):

This is called "inward attainment."

If you do this but fail to return to it,

This will cause a wavering in your vitality.

This, in my opinion, demonstrates the principle that we manifest from the inside to the outside. We Are the Great Manifester, once we've realized the One and gotten down to our original nature. The nature without contorted ideas, without fears, without judgment, without ego, without defense, without arrogance, without pride. All of it. It's all in the alignment, and we are free to go to the trouble of aligning ourselves with the One by doing the inner cultivation, or we can stay in the purely intellectual mode and not get down to the One at all. It's our choice.

This is so aligned with Castaneda that it's kind of mind blowing.

This, in my opinion, demonstrates the principle that we manifest from the inside to the outside. We Are the Great Manifester, once we've realized the One and gotten down to our original nature. The nature without contorted ideas, without fears, without judgment, without ego, without defense, without arrogance, without pride. All of it. It's all in the alignment, and we are free to go to the trouble of aligning ourselves with the One by doing the inner cultivation, or we can stay in the purely intellectual mode and not get down to the One at all. It's our choice.

This is so aligned with Castaneda that it's kind of mind blowing.

Hi Manitou :)

This is my first time posting. Hi everyone :)

I have followed this thread, and enjoy it very much.

I'm a little reluctant to get involved, because, though I have had vigorous, painful training by The Way since tiny infancy, I am much like it in that I comprehend, but cannot express what I understand in words.

I do have a question:

What does it mean to align the body, and how is that accomplished?

Thanks,

Angela

Hi Manitou :)

I do have a question:

What does it mean to align the body, and how is that accomplished?

Hi Angela - I'm so glad you made your way to this thread! Thanks! I was feeling pretty lonely.

Someone else's description of alignment might be different, but the sense I was speaking of is stilling the mind (no inner dialogue going on at all; if you've been a long-term meditator this should be second nature for you). Stilling the mind, combined with relaxing every muscle in the body so there is no resistance to the inner realization that we are indeed the Great Manifestor, at some level. This is achieved through the process of inner work; going into one's own personality and straightening out the contortions that have been imprinted since childhood.

Different traditions of spirituality have different modes of doing this. The study of the Nei-Yeh, the book we're talking about here, is a Taoist path for getting to the inner Self. The Buddhist might find his inner self by years of meditating on non-attachment, which would most likely accomplish the same thing. My particular path to inner realization started the first day I walked into AA and started working the steps to recovery 30 years ago. Seems like it's a life journey, regardless of which path Spirit has placed us on (or we've placed ourselves on, to be more accurate).

One of the best guides I've ever seen as a template for the inner journey was a Yogi philosophy book, in which it refers to character foibles as different animals - the peacock, the pig, the monkey, etc. It seems like true inner clarity can only be achieved by the process of self-realization; otherwise, it's all left brain education and not self-realization of who we really are. It's when the two are in alignment, the left brain and the right brain, is perhaps another way of putting it.

Thanks so much for joining the thread!

Barb