Non

packing/compressing qi into the dan-tien

Well so far I've only seen people talking about "compressing" qi into the dan-tien. All I know is dan-tien breathing.

How do you compress qi into the dan-tien?

• Like 2

Apparently it has a lot to do with visualization to help lead the Qi into the body from the outside or from the inside.

So far i know 3 meditations to do this

1: Breathing into the body imagined as a stick man.

2. Breathing into every bone of the body.

3. Breathing into every pore of the body.

What i want to know is, which type of breath is used to move Qi from within the body around or to other areas of the body and what breath is used to move Qi from the environment into the body. Is it belly in on the exhale or belly out, I know there is a difference, because one method to me is more efficient in sucking in Qi from the outside, while another is more effective at moving my internal energy from one part of the body to another. I would imagine that as the concentration becomes stronger the physical breath becomes of less importance.

Still thought i think more light should be shed on this topic.

No referrals to products or paid systems if possible. Just a discussion on technique, effects, results and achievements.

• Like 1

Well so far I've only seen people talking about "compressing" qi into the dan-tien. All I know is dan-tien breathing.

How do you compress qi into the dan-tien?

Traditionally, in a spiral formation anymultiple of nine from 36 upwards, untill the collected qi is an infinitesimal dot in storage.

Use breath sync and retention to pack and compress into bones etc.

You should do with your teacher whilst learning it.

I Hope you know what you want, let alone what you're doing.

The progress of putting chi into the dan tien, or condensing can be a process that can't be undone. Depending on the way you do it.

Neichuan

Apparently it has a lot to do with visualization to help lead the Qi into the body from the outside or from the inside.

I agree that visualization (or imagination + intention) is very important.

What i want to know is, which type of breath is used to move Qi from within the body around or to other areas of the body and what breath is used to move Qi from the environment into the body. Is it belly in on the exhale or belly out, I know there is a difference, because one method to me is more efficient in sucking in Qi from the outside, while another is more effective at moving my internal energy from one part of the body to another. I would imagine that as the concentration becomes stronger the physical breath becomes of less importance.

Belly out on inhale is called Buddhist Breathing;

Belly in on inhale is called Daoist Breathing.

They both have their applications but the daoist one is sometimes used more for martial or strength applications. Think about weight lifting; you will take in a breath and pull in your stomach naturally in anticipation of exerting yourself. Try both and see which feels more natural in your application.

As for condensing, here are two simple ideas to think about.

1. While doing Buddhist breathing, on each inhale visualize a ball of yarn being spun and grown a single additional circle on each breath. So slowly you are building up a bigger and bigger ball of yarn in the dan tian. After some time, then stop the circular movement of the yarn and now condense it as small as a marble. You can think like packing it or can spin it again now with the intention of packing it.

2. You can breath in air/Qi but only breath out the air; keep the Qi in the dan tian.

• Like 1

fill before compress...open before fill...utterly still before open ph34r.gif

I agree that visualization (or imagination + intention) is very important.

Belly out on inhale is called Buddhist Breathing;

Belly in on inhale is called Daoist Breathing.

They both have their applications but the daoist one is sometimes used more for martial or strength applications. Think about weight lifting; you will take in a breath and pull in your stomach naturally in anticipation of exerting yourself. Try both and see which feels more natural in your application.

As for condensing, here are two simple ideas to think about.

1. While doing Buddhist breathing, on each inhale visualize a ball of yarn being spun and grown a single additional circle on each breath. So slowly you are building up a bigger and bigger ball of yarn in the dan tian. After some time, then stop the circular movement of the yarn and now condense it as small as a marble. You can think like packing it or can spin it again now with the intention of packing it.

2. You can breath in air/Qi but only breath out the air; keep the Qi in the dan tian.