Thunder_Gooch

New Video, Buddha Boy Abridged

This is an abridged version of the full Buddha boy documentary from Discovery Channel about Ram Bahadur Bomjon ("Buddha Boy") who has been meditating for 3 years without food or water. Ram Bahadur Bomjon is known by many as a reincarnation of Buddha. I hope someone here might like this or find it useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc89FS9AVHA

• Like 5

Hi More Pie,

I've seen this before. Really a great video. brings back middle school memories of some friends bringing his picture up to me and saying we looked alike haha.Pretty sure it was mainly our hair.

Anyway he is one of the few that seems for real, and he's very dedicated.

Neichuan

• Like 1

Hi More Pie,

I've seen this before. Really a great video. brings back middle school memories of some friends bringing his picture up to me and saying we looked alike haha.Pretty sure it was mainly our hair.

Anyway he is one of the few that seems for real, and he's very dedicated.

Neichuan

One thing even if he is being fed what he is doing is amazing, meditating virtually 24 hours a day every day. That in and of itself is pretty hardcore. I chopped this video up so it fit into one video rather than 5.

• Like 1

One thing even if he is being fed what he is doing is amazing, meditating virtually 24 hours a day every day. That in and of itself is pretty hardcore. I chopped this video up so it fit into one video rather than 5.

Yea true. I imagine the reason his body can take it is the whole reincarnating thing.. Or he can just really fight through the pain of his body telling him no.

Maybe Both.

Neichuan

I can't help but think all the publicity and hype are bad, very bad. The kid should be left in alone in peace. Not stared at, photographed or worshiped. If at some point he want to teach or preach, fine.

Adoration can be an insidious poison to the soul.

I can't help but think all the publicity and hype are bad, very bad. The kid should be left in alone in peace. Not stared at, photographed or worshiped. If at some point he want to teach or preach, fine.

Adoration can be an insidious poison to the soul.

Can't agree more.

Hate to burst every ones bubble but BB beat up villagers for disturbing him. Oh well :(

http://www.google.com/search?q=buddha+boy+beats+up+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

well, it probably really sucks to be disturbed while in DEEP meditation.

how come he didnt have a couple of guys there standing watch to prevent that from

happening. he beat them up, not the other way around, right?

well, it probably really sucks to be disturbed while in DEEP meditation.

how come he didnt have a couple of guys there standing watch to prevent that from

happening. he beat them up, not the other way around, right?

I've mentioned this to multiple qi gong teachers. They all pretty much say the same thing.

It's very very inconsiderate/annoying when people disturb you when you're taking what time in the day you have, to find peace. Or do inner alchemy.. Same thing really.

Neichuan

• Like 1

"Thus it is that for every action there is a resulting reaction"

I'm reading through the article you posted Gerard. Thanks for it, but it seems 'reductionist' and 'dualistic' to me as an idea (which I suppose is meant that way???)

So I guess I 'get' that stuff from a personal POV /IME but I wouldn't extrapolate it. Which I think is what practice teaches, maybe???

I was wondering about this the other day. More and more I keep 'bumping' into 'non-dualists'. All kinds of people, all kinds of disciplines. So when I read stuff like this, I'm no less in awe, just a sort of a 'yeah, ok'. Is that terrible?

Hate to burst every ones bubble but BB beat up villagers for disturbing him. Oh well :(

http://www.google.com/search?q=buddha+boy+beats+up+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I don't see anything wrong with what he did, though I wasn't there. I hope those people who taunted him and tried to manhandle him learned their lesson.

• Like 1

If buddha boy has been meditating for so long, he might have the powers to hide from normal people, so why can't he?

I don't see anything wrong with what he did, though I wasn't there. I hope those people who taunted him and tried to manhandle him learned their lesson.

Strange thing was the vibe of the people bothering him was implied as though they weren't really doing much.

But they leave out the detail of how cruel people can be to the vulnerable. Im about 99% sure they deserved it.

Strange thing was the vibe of the people bothering him was implied as though they weren't really doing much.

But they leave out the detail of how cruel people can be to the vulnerable. Im about 99% sure they deserved it.

LOL! More like 99.99999% sure. You don't give up food and meditate for that long straight without gaining powers of love and compassion, unless he was meditating on hate the entire time? :huh: Extremely doubtful that was the case considering his Vajrayana background. :lol:

If buddha boy has been meditating for so long, he might have the powers to hide from normal people, so why can't he?

Well I guess he doesn't have that power.

I was in Nepal not too far away from Bara District when he just started to meditate for few months.And there were big posters hanging in some places of him in Kathamandu.

Some people pronounced him Buddha which he clearly stated he is not ,others ridiculed him.

People in these areas (India including)can be very sceptical and or jelous and will do some strange things to practicioners at times (this is not a rule of course just something that has been known to happen).Either to tease or test.

Even to extent of giving lethally poisoned milk as was the case with one yogi.Just to see if he is the real deal.

So yes,probably he the boy was just taking care of himself.Hope that he is left alone.

• Like 1

:lol: there's a little difference between "beat up" and "slapped across the face 2 or 3 times"