Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

RIchard Dawkins

So, many people who are involved in any type of spiritual path or system, have probably heard the name Richard Dawkins. Although he has been around for a long time, promoting materialism and atheism, he really got a lot of attention a few years ago with his book entitled "The God Delusion". For this reason, he is most well known for his attacks on Christianity and Islam. However, what some people don't always realize, is that he and his fans, are opposed to all religion and even all spirituality. Anything that goes against his atheistic, scientific, and materialistic worldview, is simply superstition. Parapsychology, the idea of humans developing Psychic abilities, Astrology, Reincarnation, Alternative Medicine...have all been attacked by Dawkins and his fans. So what is your opinion of him? With that being said, here is my opinion.........

Dawkins has no answer

Hahahaha! Dawkins doesn't have an answer. That's because no mutation can ever add new genes. Also notice how he can't seem to look the interviewer in the eye when he gives his back-pedaling explanation. It's like he knows himself that his explanation is bs. He keeps looking down when talking, and looking away, It's like "yeah I really don't wanna be looking her in the eye when saying this"

Raw footage

More explanation, Polish geneticist Dr. Giertych explains why the amount of new genes and gene re-arrangement that it would take for evolution to occur, is genetically impossible-

So it comes back to the same hole that has been there for years, that it's never been shown that there is any kind of genetic mechanism that would allow for evolution to progress to the point that it allegedly is supposed to have. A mutation is not a new gene, it is an altered copy of the same genes it came from.

Gene duplication and mutations in the copy, does not equal new genes. Sure evolutionists will bring out all their weak examples of "new genes" and "positive mutations", like disease resistance over time, "underground mosquitos" that are still mosquitos no matter how much adaptation occurs, "peppered moths", "nylon-eating bacteria", Hela cells, Polyploidy, and all the rest. Bottom line is none of these can provide a genetic mechanism that would allow evolution to take place, for one animal to become another animal, and they have all been debunked as such. One type of animal becoming another type of animal has never been observed, only becoming a new variety of the same species. There is no known mechanism known to science that would allow for new genes completely full of new genetic information, and complete re-arrangement of genes, it is not genetically possible.

Evolution can't be proven in the lab or be observed to take place, so they fill it in by saying, well in millions of years anything can happen!

There are no observed instances of speciation-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcJ6cEy2W0E

Anti-biotic resistant bacteria-

Edited by Immortal4life

The God Delusion is a pretty bad book but his other scientific books about evolution are actually very good and he presents the evidence pretty well to the general public, he used to work for Oxford university so he is a serious scientist in his field so I wouldn't write off his other works just because of the God Delusion.

So, many people who are involved in any type of spiritual path or system, have probably heard the name Richard Dawkins. Although he has been around for a long time, promoting materialism and atheism, he really got a lot of attention a few years ago with his book entitled "The God Delusion". For this reason, he is most well known for his attacks on Christianity and Islam. However, what some people don't always realize, is that he and his fans, are opposed to all religion and even all spirituality. Anything that goes against his atheistic, scientific, and materialistic worldview, is simply superstition. Parapsychology, the idea of humans developing Psychic abilities, Astrology, Reincarnation, Alternative Medicine...have all been attacked by Dawkins and his fans. So what is your opinion of him? With that being said, here is my opinion.........

Dawkins has no answer

Hahahaha! Dawkins doesn't have an answer. That's because no mutation can ever add new genes. Also notice how he can't seem to look the interviewer in the eye when he gives his back-pedaling explanation. It's like he knows himself that his explanation is bullshit. He keeps looking down when talking, and looking away, It's like "yeah I really don't wanna be looking her in the eye when saying this"

Raw footage

More explanation, Polish geneticist Dr. Giertych explains why the amount of new genes and gene re-arrangement that it would take for evolution to occur, is genetically impossible-

So it comes back to the same hole that has been there for years, that it's never been shown that there is any kind of genetic mechanism that would allow for evolution to progress to the point that it allegedly is supposed to have. A mutation is not a new gene, it is an altered copy of the same genes it came from.

Gene duplication and mutations in the copy, does not equal new genes. Sure evolutionists will bring out all their weak examples of "new genes" and "positive mutations", like disease resistance over time, "underground mosquitos" that are still mosquitos no matter how much adaptation occurs, "peppered moths", "nylon-eating bacteria", Hela cells, Polyploidy, and all the rest. Bottom line is none of these can provide a genetic mechanism that would allow evolution to take place, for one animal to become another animal, and they have all been debunked as such. One type of animal becoming another type of animal has never been observed, only becoming a new variety of the same species. There is no known mechanism known to science that would allow for new genes completely full of new genetic information, and complete re-arrangement of genes, it is not genetically possible.

Evolution can't be proven in the lab or be observed to take place, so they fill it in by saying, well in millions of years anything can happen!

There are no observed instances of speciation-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcJ6cEy2W0E

Anti-biotic resistant bacteria-

Your esteemed Dr. has advanced degrees in forest genetics, with no mention of human genetics and yet you believe he is qualified to debunk evolutionary theory? Nice try! :lol: Also he is a creationist.

Dr. Giertych lectures on his personal belief system and has no research to validate his claims.

http://creationwiki.org/Maciej_Giertych

Do we need two threads about Dawkins ?

And what does this have to do with Taoism ??

Edited by robmix

I believe they call this trolling...

Just sayin'

Your esteemed Dr. has advanced degrees in forest genetics, with no mention of human genetics and yet you believe he is qualified to debunk evolutionary theory? Nice try! :lol: Also he is a creationist.

Dr. Giertych lectures on his personal belief system and has no research to validate his claims.

He is a geneticist. If you fully buy into certain theories such as evolutionary theory, then you believe Human genetics and Tree genetics are related.

I see no reason to think he is not knowledgeable about all the various experiments and research being conducted around the world that are relevant to his point.

I have seen Dawkins and his fans attack many things, almost anything spiritual that comes their way. If he has not attacked Taoism, it is only because it is not popular enough and not relevant enough to popular culture yet.

If Taoism were to get popular, then there would be people like Dawkins denouncing it. If you would like to see Taoist ideas become more popular and relevant, then you should also prepare to face people who would attack it. In my view, to not prepare for these people is naive.

I have seen Dawkins and his fans attack many things, almost anything spiritual that comes their way. If he has not attacked Taoism, it is only because it is not popular enough and not relevant enough to popular culture yet.

If Taoism were to get popular, then there would be people like Dawkins denouncing it. If you would like to see Taoist ideas become more popular and relevant, then you should also prepare to face people who would attack it. In my view, to not prepare for these people is naive.

To not prepare for these people? What must we prepare for? A Taoist is unfettered by the presuppositions of others, he sees all things as straw dogs, including this. A Taoist smiles in the face of these 'attacks'.
  • Like 2

Immortal4life an important question for your consideration. If you think that there is no such thing as evolution then why are you trying so hard to force other people to evolve their thinking??

Just a thought.

;)

Immortal4life an important question for your consideration. If you think that there is no such thing as evolution then why are you trying so hard to force other people to evolve their thinking??

Just a thought.

;)

Great point! :lol:

It is extremely important to separate Dawkin's personal views from his scientific work.

I could care less what Dawkins thinks of Taoism or if Taoism becomes more popular or relevant. Nor would I try to defend it, whatever "it" is, especially if someone were to try to attack "it". The Tao exists whether anyone on this board or in the general public agrees with it or not.

~~~ TheTaoBums Moderation ~~~

This topic has been moved to the "Off Topic" section.

- Trunk

~~~ /out ~~~

Just a thought.

;)

We must clarify the word evolution. I of course believe and understand that Evolution in general can be considered a much higher and Universal Law beyond science's specific "theory of evolution". Evolution occurs on many levels, it occurs to the Universe itself, on the mental plane, in people's thinking, and in development on spiritual planes.

The theory of evolution however states that random mutations combined with an intangible phenomena they call natural selection cause one species to turn into another species, that the first fish was born of a non-fish, the first frog of a non frog, the first bird of a non bird, the first mammal born of a non mammal, and that organisms more primitive than bacteria have evolved into man.

I don't think I am forcing anyone to read or believe anything. I try to point things out that I think are the in a sense, the way of the now and the way of the future, that are progressive and evolved, yes. So I can't make anyone change in any way, only Time can force change, only can Nature and the way things naturally end up can force change.

Edited by Immortal4life

Sign in to follow this