Sign in to follow this  
InfinityTruth

Express your genuine self everyday

At least twice a day but do it as much as you can. Truth is who you are on the deepest level. It's been covered so so so so so so so so so deeply by conditional programming and stuff. Express that self and let all other things fall away. :wub:

• Like 1

At least twice a day but do it as much as you can. Truth is who you are on the deepest level. It's been covered so so so so so so so so so deeply by conditional programming and stuff. Express that self and let all other things fall away. :wub:

That might take a huge amount of courage because not all of us have convention at the core of our being. So all the conventional individuals will have an easy time with this injunction, but all the non-conventional ones will need to express themselves in their diaries, memoirs, philosophical treatises, and so on... because there aren't many ears who can hear certain things.

• Like 2

Great reminder! Dance, play, acting out in public: these have been, for me, awesome areas to practice being authentic, and to grow. Every time I go turn a bulldozer or set of stairs into a dance floor, I surrender not only the self-consciousness, but also the ideas of what the equipment is made for, or even what dance is supposed to be. I just listen to the music, take my time, pay lots of attention to what I'm doing, and play.

Absolutely!

And how many of us have peeled away enough of those layers?

THAT is the work

First you have to reach your genuine self to express it.

How to know when we find it?

Wonderful thread.

• Like 1

That might take a huge amount of courage because not all of us have convention at the core of our being. So all the conventional individuals will have an easy time with this injunction, but all the non-conventional ones will need to express themselves in their diaries, memoirs, philosophical treatises, and so on... because there aren't many ears who can hear certain things.

Hmmmm true.

You don't need to express it to other people. Even easier to be genuine by yourself. No courage needed. Well, maybe a little initially.

I understand though how it's hard to express yourself to other people of a different mindset. When I'm around other people on the rare occasion, I feel myself getting lost, having to play along with their very predictable ideals.

Kind of a strange friendship though that I should have to hide myself, so that I can have friends.

Sign in to follow this