Thunder_Gooch

Daniel Ingram Talks

Thank you for that - I just watched the first video - I own Ingrams book also available for free download by the author here http://www.interactivebuddha.com/mctb.shtml

This mans perspective is refreshing - He demystifies Insight meditation and meditation in general - He believes in having goals and knowing what specific attainments are and how to accomplish them - It is like learning any other skill - there are things that work - there are attainments and levels of mastery -

Thank you so much MPG for posting these! I own Ingram's book (the physical book) Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha and have found it to be a big help with my own meditation practice. Here's a link to his website.

I use his instructions in my daily meditation to attain stilling thoughts. Haven't reached that phase yet (thoughts quieting down completely) but I have noticed that thoughts do seem to get a bit quieter when I focus on my breath. I do Anapana while concentrating on the in/out breath at my nose.

Ingram has his own forum. I posted to it one time and had several replies - one of which was from Ingram himself. I think whether one agrees or disagrees with him it certainly if nothing else will give food for thought on various meditation practices.

I enjoyed watching these. Thanks for posting.

The third video especially had some real gems in it.