steve

陳 泮 嶺太 極 拳99

I don't care what anybody says, 陳 泮 嶺太 極 拳99 is the best in world.

:wub:

I'd like to agree ... but have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't care what anybody says, 陳 泮 嶺太 極 拳99 is the best in world.

:wub:

Not to a traditionalist it isn't. Chen Laojia is.

Of course a friend/teacher of mine in Beijing grilled me for messing with Chen to begin with. Talk to an entrenched yangster and you'll learn that the Chens are impostors, the form will dislocate your clavicles, and Mao Zedong was the only thing in Chinese history that's worse. Still, one must draw a line somewhere. If you are not a family member, you don't mess with the form. If you are, go ahead, change it, combine Chen with Yang and Wu and call it 99, more power to you, but don't expect anyone who is a student of a lineage whose teachers firmly believed in if it ain't broke don't fix it to surrender theirs without a push-hands.

That is, if I was correct in ignoring the translation of the above as "ninja warrior on Valium" which was one of the dictionary's suggestions.

I'd like to agree ... but have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't either... but from the '99', it suddenly made me think Steve could be referring to this - - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99_Flake - - and if he was, then i would agree a hundred percent!! :lol: :lol:

Babelfish says: "Chen Panling Taijiquan"

(But that thing has been known to be unreliable.)

Oh ... not an icecream with a stick of chocolate in it ... how disappointing.

Is this it then?

This one is my favorite video but the best video is waiting to be made...

B)

Edited by steve f

Not to a traditionalist it isn't. Chen Laojia is.

Of course a friend/teacher of mine in Beijing grilled me for messing with Chen to begin with. Talk to an entrenched yangster and you'll learn that the Chens are impostors, the form will dislocate your clavicles, and Mao Zedong was the only thing in Chinese history that's worse. Still, one must draw a line somewhere. If you are not a family member, you don't mess with the form. If you are, go ahead, change it, combine Chen with Yang and Wu and call it 99, more power to you, but don't expect anyone who is a student of a lineage whose teachers firmly believed in if it ain't broke don't fix it to surrender theirs without a push-hands.

That is, if I was correct in ignoring the translation of the above as "ninja warrior on Valium" which was one of the dictionary's suggestions.

I've never studied Chen style and would love to someday...

Mine's still the best!

:D

:lol:

Don't mind me,

I'm just baiting people.

There is no best

I did my form today and it was the best

It's just a form

Chen guys fall into their step a lot - that looks off balance to me

They're all just forms

But MINE is the best!

So I'm sorry for fucking around...

Yesterday, after doing the 99, I was SO juiced that I wanted to post,

And I immediately thought of all the old threads about ' this style is better,' and Chen's original and martial, and Yang is this, and so on. So this was sort of an inside joke to anyone that got sick of those threads but it sort of flopped!

But the real message was that whatever form you do, THAT is the best.

My problem lately is that I'm lazy and haven't been working hard enough so I was feeling good about myself.

Today, I'm back to normal.

:)

Chen is better because I haven't tried it yet = desire

:wacko:

I just need to practice...

So I'm sorry for fucking around...

Yesterday, after doing the 99, I was SO juiced that I wanted to post,

And I immediately thought of all the old threads about ' this style is better,' and Chen's original and martial, and Yang is this, and so on. So this was sort of an inside joke to anyone that got sick of those threads but it sort of flopped!

But the real message was that whatever form you do, THAT is the best.

My problem lately is that I'm lazy and haven't been working hard enough so I was feeling good about myself.

Today, I'm back to normal.

:)

Chen is better because I haven't tried it yet = desire

:wacko:

I just need to practice...

Your thread didn't flop at all. The humor was readily apparent. Nanashi, your video leaves me speechless. Wouldn't it be nice if all our disagreements on this forum could be settled so civilly?

I've never been into any of the martial arts or the gentle tai chi movements - not that I haven't seen the need for it, I just haven't given it a priority because my path was from the more shamanic perspective. But it's so obvious from watching those men working with the chi ball, giving it intent, suggesting direction - this is so tremendously shamanic as well! It's as though we are living in a slowly reacting colloid which can indeed be manipulated by intent and slow, gentle movement - movements like this come to me instinctively during ceremony or remote intent healings.

I can't wait for Ya Mu's stillness movement class next week to see if I can deepen my understanding and technique.

Edited by manitou