Sign in to follow this  
mantis

Dreaming of the future

I have on several occasions dreamt of something only for it to later happen on real life. The last dream I had like this was a few month maybe even years ago and it was of my current place of employment well before I had ever found anything out about it.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

No, but as someone who is skeptical of all such experiences (even when they happen to me), I would just like to present a line of questioning that you may or may not like to follow further (sorry for bugging you if you've already done this), but what kind of situations did you dream up, and what actually came to pass?

For instance, if you are worried about your job shutting down or lots of people getting fired, and then it happens, well, look at the economy. What are the chances of that event happening, how likely is it that it occurred merely in concurrence with your own probability calculations for the future?

Was the event spectacular or singularly surprising in any way, or is it an otherwise likely occurrence, it just happened to happen to you or people you know? Etc etc etc.

Dreams of a situation or event that does come to pass, can be said to

be a link to the state of being that is called a collective consciousness.

I think it may have been Jung that mentions the collective consciousness,

and our link to it while we are dreaming. The term premonition may be nothing

more than a state of consciousness that we all have the innate ability to

connect to without ever realizing it exists.

I have had many experiences of situations coming to pass that were dreamt.

After awhile it doesn't seem strange...just part of the interconnectedness

that is our lives. Think of it as a tool, it's up to you how you use it.

Peace!

No, but as someone who is skeptical of all such experiences (even when they happen to me), I would just like to present a line of questioning that you may or may not like to follow further (sorry for bugging you if you've already done this), but what kind of situations did you dream up, and what actually came to pass?

For instance, if you are worried about your job shutting down or lots of people getting fired, and then it happens, well, look at the economy. What are the chances of that event happening, how likely is it that it occurred merely in concurrence with your own probability calculations for the future?

Was the event spectacular or singularly surprising in any way, or is it an otherwise likely occurrence, it just happened to happen to you or people you know? Etc etc etc.

No problem, I made this thread on my smartphone so I tried to type the least possible.

I was living in Florida (I had been living there for the past 10 years) and I was planning on relocating to where I currently live (Massachusetts) to get a job working with my uncle (where I work now). While living in Florida I had a dream in great detail of what it looks like inside the building I currently work at which I have never in my life seen/been inside before. I realized this while at work I just got a kind of "click" and that was proceeded by a mental holy shit when I noticed I had dreamt of the same exact scenario/place in my dream many months beforehand.

This also happened to me when I was in 2nd-3rd grade (I cannot recall exactly which grade it was). I had a dream of some girl I had a crush on giving some sort of speech at class and a week or two later she did exactly that when she was called up to the front of class to receive her report card.

I don't understand why you would feel the need to think twice about it, mantis. Its not surprising at all, but I am glad it doesn't happen too often!!❤

I don't understand why you would feel the need to think twice about it, mantis. Its not surprising at all, but I am glad it doesn't happen too often!!❤

Not thinking twice about it, just curious if it's a common phenomenon.

Sign in to follow this