Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

What conclusion are you drawing from this, that meditation is a tool for healing?

Or are you trying to mask the fear that this meditation practice you are doing is in fact pointless and has no meaning, and you desperately look for reasons to make it worth while.

You meditated and your leg healed. Great. You have no way of knowing if it would heal faster if you meditated more, or slower if you meditated less. What are you trying to prove here?

Don't get me wrong. "Meditation is great"! But not when you expect it to be

And hey, if this doesn't resonate at all with you then that's cool, but I was in this mud a while ago myself.

What conclusion are you drawing from this, that meditation is a tool for healing?

Or are you trying to mask the fear that this meditation practice you are doing is in fact pointless and has no meaning, and you desperately look for reasons to make it worth while.

You meditated and your leg healed. Great. You have no way of knowing if it would heal faster if you meditated more, or slower if you meditated less. What are you trying to prove here?

Don't get me wrong. "Meditation is great"! But not when you expect it to be

And hey, if this doesn't resonate at all with you then that's cool, but I was in this mud a while ago myself.

Good point.

I used to date a yoga girl who had small boobs, but she was convinced that she can make them grow bigger if she worked hard and meditated everyday on her boobs. And she meditated for about 2 years every day and her boobs stayed exactly the same, but she was telling everybody that they doubled in size and she even convinced herself about it and she started wearing very tight t-shirts and her boobs looked bigger, however I knew exactly their size because they fit in my hands exactly the same way...

• Like 2

Meditation does help to heal a damaged tissue quicker but not in one day. However, it does not help tissues, like boobs, to grow bigger for sure. :blink:

Edited by ChiDragon

Good point.

I used to date a yoga girl who had small boobs, but she was convinced that she can make them grow bigger if she worked hard and meditated everyday on her boobs. And she meditated for about 2 years every day and her boobs stayed exactly the same, but she was telling everybody that they doubled in size and she even convinced herself about it and she started wearing very tight t-shirts and her boobs looked bigger, however I knew exactly their size because they fit in my hands exactly the same way...

HAHA! Only on TaoBums!:)

Edited by LeonBasin

-Meditation has many positive side-affects on the body and people can manipulate there intent to have different affects:

-In my mind ( :rolleyes:) it is not much of a stretch to say that meditation could help someone heal from a broken leg.

-Also when people are in situations of great psychological stress they are much more open to hypnosis or the power of suggestion.

Edited by OldGreen

Good point.

Maybe you should recheck your work. Things may have changed.

:lol: :lol:

• Like 1

I think that panic is horrible for injuries, especially in the immediate aftermath. It's very easy to make the situation a lot worse. So, at the very least, calming one's self should be very beneficial, for making the right decisions afterward.

Thankfully, I have never yet experienced such a traumatic injury. When I do get minor injuries, though, I immediately stop everything, if possible, and immediately put my awareness on the injury. Again, at the least, it stops continuation of the injury, via neglect or anxiety.

Whatever the mechanism, I find that the (minor) injuries that I don't do this with, tend to last a lot longer, for days sometimes, whereas the ones I do attend to, often fade within minutes. Not at all scientific, but I have witnessed this many times.

Good point.

Maybe your hands got smaller :)

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Hi Leon,

Thanks for sharing your initial post. How are we to know that it is not you if you don't say so? When it is not your story, please share a link or a citiation with the original post. As a writer yourself, I trust you appreciate it when your works are recognized. ;)

Thanks. :)

Because the likeliest bums (to my knowledge) to be flying over the Cotswalds would be Apech and Cat. And Leon would be, during this moment, on a skateboard somewhere downtown Vegas or (if nature calls) on a surfboard somewhere nice and warm :-)

Most of all I would like to know why you wrote it as though it happened to you, Leon.

When I was little, I used to imagine having survived some horrible accidents. I thought I'd fallen out of the sky -- and, because there was no history of that to my then-knowledge of my life, I had to justify the out-of-nowhere memory of the fall by creating a story around the feeling. I would introduce a plane, a crash, a this and that... a plot that would seem humanly possible. Or another one, about having been bitten by a poisonous snake. Again, no history of that, but a distinct memory none the less -- so I would devise a plot about some terrarium whence the snake escaped, and so on.

By now I know that these are indeed memories -- not of the actual events which, verbatim, never happened in this life -- more like archetypal... also symbolic of things that did happen in this life, because archetypal memories are memories of NOW, not just "back then." They are current for as long as you can't remember what actually happened -- precise memory is their undoing, while symbols, thought-constructs, ideas, images, any "possible" or "likely" or "feasible" or "believed in" explanations, etc., are their hiding places...

Is something similar going on with you? Did you choose the first person narrative because you feel as though something of this nature did happen to you, although you couldn't tell when, where, how?.. ???...

• Like 1

Not all meditations can arouse qi and the jing embedded in it , or care about arousing them. For example, likely the Buddhist or make-you-release types of meditation are indifferent to them .And, a meditation incapable of initializing qi and jing means it can't cure .

The steps or layers of Taoist curing should be in the following sequence, from easy to difficult:

-Hair

-Skin

-Muscle

-Bone

-Marrow

That means, changing our white hair to black is relatively easy, making our fallen teeth reborn is very difficult. If we can change things happen in our marrow, then most of sufferings and diseases can be removed.

Edited by exorcist_1699

Not all meditations can arouse qi and the jing embedded in it , or care about arousing them. For example, likely the Buddhist or make-you-release types of meditation are indifferent to them .And, a meditation incapable of initializing qi and jing means it can't cure .

The steps or layers of Taoist curing should be in the following sequence, from easy to difficult:

-Hair

-Skin

-Muscle

-Bone

-Marrow

That means, changing our white hair to black is relatively easy, making our fallen teeth reborn is very difficult. If we can change things happen in our marrow, then most of sufferings and diseases can be removed.

Well, I am not so sure that any meditation would blacken the hair. I would try first He Shou Wu.

Also once when fighting, my opponent stroked me in the right calf muscles which broke the internal blood vessels. The side of the calf and the ankle turned purple. It was a big internal wound I barely could stand or walk, very painful. Anyway I used Shaolin Di-Da Jiu and every morning I went in the park on the grass and did some healing qigong. I healed very quick in a matter of 3-4 days which amazed me I thought the recovery time would be at least 2 weeks. So yeah "meditation"alone wouldn't do anything without the proper setting like healing substances and the earthing which I believe had a major part.

Edited by steam

Well, I am not so sure that any meditation would blacken the hair. I would try first He Shou Wu.

:lol:

;)

"They are current for as long as you can't remember what actually happened -- precise memory is their undoing, while symbols, thought-constructs, ideas, images, any "possible" or "likely" or "feasible" or "believed in" explanations, etc., are their hiding places..."

Most excellent TaoMoew!

Sign in to follow this