de_paradise

Hardship case inspiration

Indescribable!! Bravo to the human spirit!

Its not hard to connect with inspiration. Words get in the way sometimes...

Thank you for putting this up, DP. Thank you.

This is very sad. I do hope that things get better for him and that he's not just forgotten once the season ends. The problem for me comes from this idea that this one good thing that has happened to him, somehow makes up for him being sold as property as a child. It doesn't, but perhaps it's easier to believe it does. He seems to me very sad, even when he should be happy.

Aaron

edit- But then one has to ask, if he was living on the street, sold from person to person, then why should he be happy? What experience has he had to make him believe that happiness can be sustainable in his life? Perhaps that's the saddest thing to me.

Edited by Twinner

damn. I wonder where the hell was he going to go after he left all by himself it looks like..

one of those girls in the audience needed to take him home ;p.

well I bet if he sucked none of them would be showing such gratitude for humanity.

Edited by Non

edit- But then one has to ask, if he was living on the street, sold from person to person, then why should he be happy? What experience has he had to make him believe that happiness can be sustainable in his life? Perhaps that's the saddest thing to me.

Some would say that happiness is the natural human condition. They would say that societal and cultural conditioning is what gets in the way of this. A variation on this theme is that we are not happy simply because we have been trained since childhood to believe that our happiness depends on others or things or accomplishments. Without the approval of our friends, bosses, parents, and so on... we cannot be happy. Similarly, disapproval robs us of our happiness. And why would this be? Because then we can be controlled and manipulated - enslaved. These people would say that no one and no thing truly has the power to make us unhappy unless we buy into this insanity. We get to choose. It is a very hard thing to see because our conditioning goes very deep. And I'm not going to say that it is necessarily true. But what if it is? What an amazing life it would be if no one had that sort of power over me.

Beautiful video, thanks for posting it!

Some would say that happiness is the natural human condition. They would say that societal and cultural conditioning is what gets in the way of this. A variation on this theme is that we are not happy simply because we have been trained since childhood to believe that our happiness depends on others or things or accomplishments. Without the approval of our friends, bosses, parents, and so on... we cannot be happy. Similarly, disapproval robs us of our happiness. And why would this be? Because then we can be controlled and manipulated - enslaved. These people would say that no one and no thing truly has the power to make us unhappy unless we buy into this insanity. We get to choose. It is a very hard thing to see because our conditioning goes very deep. And I'm not going to say that it is necessarily true. But what if it is? What an amazing life it would be if no one had that sort of power over me.

Beautiful video, thanks for posting it!

I used to think happiness was the normal state of being, but I'm not so sure anymore. I think you can't have happiness without suffering (otherwise how do you appreciate it for what it is?) Today I think life is about suffering and joy, that the two are as much a part of our natural state of being as breathing is. The problem lies when one suffers too much or has too much joy, then they can begin to go off kilter. Too much joy can lead to apathy for instance, as can too much suffering, one begins to retreat into their own experience and as a result is unable to see their connection to others in a healthy way.

Aaron

Thanks for sharing!

It went straight through to my heart. :wub: ,wishing well being to all.This boy is getting some blessings-good vibes from most of the people seeing this.

Not being happy might not solely be caused by societal indoctrination. Existential threat could also be a factor. Actually, it seems like when a baby is born, it experiences the most severe threat to its life, and then there's a choice whether you feed it with fear or with love. Showing the baby love doesn't necessarily have to have a metaphysical effect, because when parents care for a baby, they let it make an experience of the existence of protection. It can feel safe because it knows that safety is a part of life. It can believe in it. That gives strength. But if a child grows up in an extremely hostile and unsocial environment, just telling tales about love and security won't do the trick. First-hand experience really gets to the subconscious, talking ... not so much.

By the way, that video seems to be highly inspired by the UK show with that plain looking woman. Forgot her name, but it's funny how all those talent shows seem to clone ideas. I don't believe that boy singing opera there was found 'by accident'. ;)

Edited by Hardyg