Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Genetically modified cows produce 'human' milk

The scientists have successfully introduced human genes into 300 dairy cows to produce milk with the same properties as human breast milk.

Human milk contains high quantities of key nutrients that can help to boost the immune system of babies and reduce the risk of infections.

The scientists behind the research believe milk from herds of genetically modified cows could provide an alternative to human breast milk and formula milk for babies, which is often criticised as being an inferior substitute.

They hope genetically modified dairy products from herds of similar cows could be sold in supermarkets. The research has the backing of a major biotechnology company.

The work is likely to inflame opposition to GM foods. Critics of the technology and animal welfare groups reacted angrily to the research, questioning the safety of milk from genetically modified animals and its effect on the cattle's health.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/agriculture/geneticmodification/8423536/Genetically-modified-cows-produce-human-milk.html

Thankyou for posting this. I feel shocked and horrified, but this information needs to reach as many human beings as possible so that further similar atrocities may be somehow prevented.

Thankyou for posting this. I feel shocked and horrified, but this information needs to reach as many human beings as possible so that further similar atrocities may be somehow prevented.

there has been alot of this type of work/experiments/research going on for awhile now.

first there was animal with different animal genes and then someone came up with the bright idea to use human genes with different animals.

i am sure these folks doing the research have the upmost integrity only for the useful benefit of the planet in mind. i am equally sure they have used every known safety measure possible in each and every project.

interesting times, isn't it? :lol:

coming soon to a location near you>> scenes from ancient greek mythology.

post-52446-130755263723_thumb.jpg

:huh::blink: !Interesting.

In Holland scientists are working on GROWING the meat(lost the link)and predict it will reach the shops within next ten years too..

i am sure these folks doing the research have the upmost integrity only for the useful benefit of the planet in mind. i am equally sure they have used every known safety measure possible in each and every project.

[/quot

lol It could be true..

I am not sure about those scientists definition of 'useful' and benefit of the planet.

It sounds a bit perverse to me...

Hmmm, is it better for a human adult to drink cow's milk that comes from a cow or human's milk that comes from a cow?

I think I know what my Jain brothers and sisters would say!

:huh::blink: !Interesting.

In Holland scientists are working on GROWING the meat(lost the link)and predict it will reach the shops within next ten years too..

lol It could be true..

I am not sure about those scientists definition of 'useful' and benefit of the planet.

Don't ranchers grow meat too? I'm getting confused here.:wacko:

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

It sounds a bit perverse to me...

Hmmm, is it better for a human adult to drink cow's milk that comes from a cow or human's milk that comes from a cow?

I think I know what my Jain brothers and sisters would say!

Steve you're a scientist and a doctor, can you please share what are the risks here?

(i'm not seeing any)

Sign in to follow this