NeiChuan

Energy at Left Shoulder blade.

Hi everyone, haven't posted in awhile. Had a question that not many people have been able to answer.

Basically at the top left of my shoulder blade there has been alot of energy gathering for a couple months now

http://tcmcentral.com/TCM/images/Acu_Images/Acuimages/back.jpg

I would say it's either the point 15, or 12 that is in the area of the left shoulder blade.

Anyway it went away for a week or two but now is back. Sometimes I actually get a pinching sensation at this point, to where it burns? Well it stings, about as much as a bee, had my brother look at it and he said he saw nothing.

Another thing that happens is it feels like a solid ball just sitting at my shoulder blade, condensing. And lastly what it feels like most often is just a bunch of energy sitting there and gathering. I've moved it but it usually comes right back.

I should probably note that it "always" happens when im done exercising, no matter the exercise, whether it be running or body weight exercises. I will feel energy of some sort. It just has to be a bit rigorous of an exercise.

Any idea?

Neichuan

Edited by NeiChuan

I have no idea about your problem,just saying hi long time no see.

haha thanks, helloooo =D. Surprisingly have been busy, I still lurk on interesting topic names I see from e-mail notifications though.

I don't know any TCM, but I have a stretch that has been very successful lately in resolving shoulder distress, in the same area. Maybe it might be useful to you, as well.

I stand facing a table or other surface, at about navel height. Bending at the waist, I rest my forearms on the table, and lean into it, so most of the weight of my upper body is on my arms. Then, gently, I allow my head and trunk weight to drop between my arms, which then puts the weight into the connection between shoulder blade and rib cage. I don't force this stretch, but allow the weight to fuel it. When my shoulder blades need to shift, I reach "forward" (parallel to the table top), to much sound of popping. (Popping is a side effect, not a goal). I spend some time in this mostly passive position, without forcing any stretch, just enjoying the burn, and am rewarded with a great deal of relief. Especially yummy in a steam room or sauna!

Does it hurt?

If it hurts you might want to check out these:

- Trigger points massage

- Egoscue program on treating misalignments that cause pain in all body parts: shoulder, back, knees, so on.

Edit: Actually Otis's exercise looks pretty much like one of the Egoscue exercises.

Edited by idquest

I don't know any TCM, but I have a stretch that has been very successful lately in resolving shoulder distress, in the same area. Maybe it might be useful to you, as well.

I stand facing a table or other surface, at about navel height. Bending at the waist, I rest my forearms on the table, and lean into it, so most of the weight of my upper body is on my arms. Then, gently, I allow my head and trunk weight to drop between my arms, which then puts the weight into the connection between shoulder blade and rib cage. I don't force this stretch, but allow the weight to fuel it. When my shoulder blades need to shift, I reach "forward" (parallel to the table top), to much sound of popping. (Popping is a side effect, not a goal). I spend some time in this mostly passive position, without forcing any stretch, just enjoying the burn, and am rewarded with a great deal of relief. Especially yummy in a steam room or sauna!

sounds relatively similar to multiple stretches I do. I'll definitely try it out. thanks alot otis

Hi Nei Chuan, Nice to see you back. :)

Have you had a traumatic event (either big or small) to your shoulder/neck/arm in your life? This area is also where I have a condensed ball of energy. To think one can resolve this with stretching, relaxation, or qigong is hopeful..., however, I haven't found that this has truly resolved my discomfort. (Though it has assisted minorly.) Luckily, I have had much self-healing of it with stillness-movement practice. However, s-m is not a quick fix. And acupuncture didn't get at it.

Presently, I wonder if seeing a medical qigong healer or a dr. of osteopathy might help you to get the ball of energy out! :o:)

Good luck to you. And let us know what happens. :)

Hey Thanks. Nice to see you too =).

the only thing I can really think of is I feel in a certain way onetime, where someone landed on me. When it happened I felt a pop from my lower mid back all the way to about the back or top of my skull. Sharp pain sort of pop, and my energy was pretty nuts after that.

stretching and touching the effected acu point seems to just make it more active, and make more energy go there. So I just sort of leave it alone now. I've been planning on seeing an acupuncturist. Might just take a warm bath, maybe loosen it up lol. Anyway I'll check it out.

Thanks

Does it hurt?

If it hurts you might want to check out these:

- Trigger points massage

- Egoscue program on treating misalignments that cause pain in all body parts: shoulder, back, knees, so on.

Edit: Actually Otis's exercise looks pretty much like one of the Egoscue exercises.

I believe there "use" to be an ache in the very beginning, then it just turned into energy gathering. then a ball, and sometimes there's a stinging sensation.

I'll check both of em out. thanks for your reply

Thanks all

Hi everyone, haven't posted in awhile. Had a question that not many people have been able to answer.

Basically at the top left of my shoulder blade there has been alot of energy gathering for a couple months now

http://tcmcentral.com/TCM/images/Acu_Images/Acuimages/back.jpg

I would say it's either the point 15, or 12 that is in the area of the left shoulder blade.

Anyway it went away for a week or two but now is back. Sometimes I actually get a pinching sensation at this point, to where it burns? Well it stings, about as much as a bee, had my brother look at it and he said he saw nothing.

Another thing that happens is it feels like a solid ball just sitting at my shoulder blade, condensing. And lastly what it feels like most often is just a bunch of energy sitting there and gathering. I've moved it but it usually comes right back.

I should probably note that it "always" happens when im done exercising, no matter the exercise, whether it be running or body weight exercises. I will feel energy of some sort. It just has to be a bit rigorous of an exercise.

Any idea?

Neichuan

From the Western medicine perspective, this could also be a symptom of nerve root irritation in the cervical spine.

Depending on age and genetics, this can be from narrowing of the neural foramen where the nerve root exits the spine.

In a younger person without degenerative narrowing yet, it may be some bulging or inflammation of the cervical disc.

This will often respond to stretches as mentioned earlier - one particularly good one is to sit or stand erect. Retract your chin straight back, not up or down, and hold for 10 seconds. Relax and repeat frequently. If you are doing it correctly you may feel tightness, stretching in the strap muscles at the front and sides of the neck. Also gentle stretch to the sides and forward are good.

Flexing back (tilting the chin up) can be irritating.

There are a number of really deep acupoints along the medial edge of the shoulder blade, really profound points. A back-knobber is a good massage tool to get those. Good for anyone, regardless if 'issue' there or not.

MsgBacknobber.jpg

• Like 1

http://tcmcentral.co...images/back.jpg

Any idea?

Neichuan

Recurring can be a real drag, Try using a hard foam roller on the floor. youtube foam roller exercises and you'll get a ton. It tends to get deep break open the scar tissue in muscle, and its natural and cheap $25 or so. good luck

Recurring can be a real drag, Try using a hard foam roller on the floor. youtube foam roller exercises and you'll get a ton. It tends to get deep break open the scar tissue in muscle, and its natural and cheap $25 or so. good luck

Cool Idea. I'll definitely try it, thanks alot.

Neichuan

Any idea?

Ever had a vaccine of any kind injected into the left arm or under the left shoulder blade?

There are a number of really deep acupoints along the medial edge of the shoulder blade, really profound points. A back-knobber is a good massage tool to get those. Good for anyone, regardless if 'issue' there or not.

MsgBacknobber.jpg

I brought one of these all the way from China -- wooden, made out of a crooked branch of a tree left in its natural state, only sealed with clear polish right over the bark. I love it, although I feel silly for not having invented and made it.:)

Ever had a vaccine of any kind injected into the left arm or under the left shoulder blade?

Into the left arm yes, but not for a very long time. I most often got injections into my right.

In the event it turns out not to be a physical problem, is there any chance it's Kundalini energy? Mine often sits real hot right under the skin of my shoulder blades. Seems to like to hang out there.

been doing those shoulder exercises from larry wong I showed ya? if so have they helped at all?

been doing those shoulder exercises from larry wong I showed ya? if so have they helped at all?

Hey Man,

Never consistently =/. So I guess I can't say. I'll give it a try. I had a previous shoulder injury heal up so I just sort of stopped rehabiliating.

Neichuan