Sign in to follow this  
Harmonious Emptiness

Recipes for good Chi

I'm wondering what some of you all might do in practice when it comes to healthful eating. Maybe share some of your most common recipes that make you feel pure and strong. Even better if they are easy and quick.

Myself, I have been eating a lot of vegan gruel, lol. But it's good. Boil up some lentils, add some prepared black beans, chickpeas, (optional potatoes, hemp seeds, fried tofu), add Chana Masala seasoning (highly recommended, from Indian specialty stores) and a bit of curry powder. Served with quinoa and salad.

My main diet are chicken, fish, green vegetables, and almond or other nuts for my snacks. Most importantly, breathe in lots of oxygen by abdominal breathing as my normal breathing habit. Eating alone does not give you energy, it must be the combination of eating and breathing.

lemon, persimmon, watermelon, olive, pear, papaya, apple, grapefruit, orange, banana.

tangerine.

sweet potato, taro, green onion, watercress, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, onion, carrot, radish, cabbage, spinach, celery.

beans and tofu. pearl barley.

also it is good idea to use the 5 flavors as they relate to the 5 elements. and used in balanced moderation to avoid excess.

tortoise, turtle is not just for divination anymore :o

almonds, clams, oysters,

you didnt ask about herbs so i left them out.

edit> but i can mention mushrooms, i reckon :)

ALL edible and medicinal varieties.

and with herbs there is a synergy effect;

where when you combine , usually you get enhanced results.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

you didnt ask about herbs so i left them out.

edit> but i can mention mushrooms, i reckon :)

ALL edible and medicinal varieties.

and with herbs there is a synergy effect;

where when you combine , usually you get enhanced results.

Food, recipes, combinations, herbs, seasonings, teas, prayers...

Please, elaborate!

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

My main diet are chicken, fish, green vegetables, and almond or other nuts for my snacks. Most importantly, breathe in lots of oxygen by abdominal breathing as my normal breathing habit. Eating alone does not give you energy, it must be the combination of eating and breathing.

so, with healthy dose of chi. As an appetizer, dessert, or on the side ^_^ ?

so, with healthy dose of chi. As an appetizer, dessert, or on the side ^_^ ?

That is correct......B)

How did you know....???:D

Food, recipes, combinations, herbs, seasonings, teas, prayers...

Please, elaborate!

teas are great. others here are much more knowledgable than me about teas.

gerard has a nice thread about tea.

herbs>> GOGI BERRIES, well i guess they are berries :lol: my translation is GO QI B)

ginseng, garlic, ginger, fo-ti, hwang-ching, lotus, mustard, yarrow,

and of course mugwort which is used in moxibustion.

Li Yuen used gogi berries, foti, hwang-ching everyday and he constantly promoted reishi mushrooms.

I eat whatever is available, but I try to remember moderation. In my opinion what we eat isn't nearly as important as how much we eat. Too many people see food as a means to gratify their experience, rather than a means to satisfy their needs.

Aaron

• Like 1

I eat whatever is available, but I try to remember moderation. In my opinion what we eat isn't nearly as important as how much we eat. Too many people see food as a means to gratify their experience, rather than a means to satisfy their needs.

Aaron

I agree. Even with low fat raw vegan or 80 10 10 or other diets, there is still the need to gauge the amount according to one's need. Using too much energy for digestion is unbalancing.

Aaron

Interesting opinion.

Edited by OldGreen

Gabriel Cousens writes about a spiritual diet using raw foods.

Raw foodism has 2 types: high fruit/low fat, and higher fats/moderate fruit. Some ppl have different needs.

Just so u know, u have to research A LOT though. Raw foodism forces you to. Actually veganism does too. See the video about healthy fats, search on google "Dina essential fatty acids" and watch it.

Edited by Non

Stay away from the aisles inside the centre of the store. Go around the outside.

Don't eat things which have more than 5 ingredients that you fully understand (unless you made it :-))

Eat things that look like things you could recognize if you were in a forest/a field/the sea/underground

When one eat something without something else and digest before eating something else.

Then it become medicine.

Well the pineapple. Strange that this little fruit raise the vibration and cleanse the body of murky energy ^_^. One can use intent or ability and push it some more.

Other fruit I eat and mostly exotic ones do not share such effect.

Any foods that should especially be eaten separately for medicinal purposes? I do eat millet by itself sometimes, and usually when I eat fruit or almonds.

I drink "President's Choice Pure Pressed Pineapple Juice" quite a bit, and every sip seems to light up all the cells in my body! Sooo Good!

and of course mugwort which is used in moxibustion.

Li Yuen used gogi berries, foti, hwang-ching everyday and he constantly promoted reishi mushrooms.

thanks for the fo-ti tip. I think I'll try to find some. Do you know if it shouldn't be mixed with anything? I drink drink mint and borage together. I think fo-ti might go well in the mix, but I'd better find out first.

sweet potato, taro, green onion, watercress, cucumber, red pepper, tomato, onion, carrot, radish, cabbage, spinach, celery.

Do you recommend this as one big stir fry (minus the cucumber)?

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

How many folks cleanse their food with qi before eating?

A technique I learned was to energetically bless my food before eating to clear any negative qi from the food handling and prep stages. I put my laogungs over the food and set my intnet on dispersing negative qi and clearing it with celestial qi. Most times I can feel the qi flowing through ba hui. Then I wait for a feeling that the time is right to stop the cleansing. A note: cleansing food at home may be quicker than at a restaurant.

nice contribution R_V :)

i also like twinner's moderation idea and i would go one further and suggest fasting.

rice yes.

and a question for Friend, the ginseng you use is red or white or ? farmed or wild?

ginseng season officially begins here august 15. there are new regulations i will not bother to read. and it being into june now, each day i am tempted to go out in the woods, not looking for ginseng of course, but if i happened into some :D

thanks for the fo-ti tip. I think I'll try to find some. Do you know if it shouldn't be mixed with anything? I drink drink mint and borage together. I think fo-ti might go well in the mix, but I'd better find out first.

Do you recommend this as one big stir fry (minus the cucumber)?

let me know when you are gonna cook this up and i will be right over :lol:

hm.. I like pears. melons.

Seriously though... one time I ate a head of green leaf lettuce. It was amazing how I felt afterwards. So crisp and clear.. just like the head of lettuce.

gou qi zi (goji berries) are quite good too.

I eat raw foods. Greens and veggies and sprouts. No grain sprouts (as of yet anyway). Some adzuki and mung bean sprouts. Nuts and seeds and little oils. I stick to the omega 9 rich nuts/seeds/oils for filler and the omega 6 and 3s need regulation of a 1:1 to 4:1 ratio. This is Very important.

As for fruits.. well I'm in multi-stage diet so right now I'm not supposed to have any fruit except for salad fruits and if so a little of the low glycemic sweet fruits with greens.

Edited by Non

:glare: white farmed korean ginseng- I think enough for a white farmed inhabitant - when this is already like this then I would be curios to know when I get a wild ginseng from an place of power, things that glow ^_^ would be fun - maybe bosslevel battle :D

Q

here in kentucky we have white wild ginseng will be available mid august.

never know age or power until it is found in the wild.

non what about pine nuts?

oh yea and I love seaweed. algae too.

Edited by Non

here in kentucky we have white wild ginseng will be available mid august.

never know age or power until it is found in the wild.

non what about pine nuts?

yea pine nuts are great. They are euphoric.

A thing about nuts and seeds though: they all should be soaked overnight at least. Some need less time like sesame and cashews. Some don't need soaking but then still you eat all nuts/seeds with moderation. Any seed, legume or grain including, must be soaked. Then they can be dried or eating like that. This germinates them at least partially. Gets rid of their anti-nutrients and bitterness of the skins. They can be further dried tho in a dehydrator :P. That's what I do a lot of the time. I soak a batch in salt water (using sea salt, this makes the germinating faster) and then put them in a dehydrator.

Any sprout has a lot of energy. Baby greens too.

If you marinate veggies also they will digest better.

Edited by Non

Well according to TCM principles everything is relative. So to cultivate good Qi you need to watch the Yin Yang properties of your food/herbs and compare it to the Yin Yang state of your body. For example, Ginseng won't help you if you are Yin deficient. Since it is a warm Yang herb, it will probably deplete your Yin even more, unless it is carefully balanced with other herbs. And Fo Ti will make Dampness or Mucus even worse unless it is carefully balanced by other herbs.

So it's kinda useless in my opinion to recommend specific recipes for general good Qi, it all depends on your body's energetic state. But what I have learned in TCM school is that the Spleen, in transporting and transforming food and drink, has an important role in the accumulation of Qi. I'm Spleen deficient myself(after years of veganism and other bad habits) so I cook very Spleen friendy. I cook the crap out of everything and rarely eat raw food. Congee is great for breakfast and since it's cooked for so long it's already broken down before you eat it. Very easy on my digestion in the morning - gives me good good Qi. Before you go to bed just take rice or other grains and boiling water or stock in a 1 to 10 ratio, put it in a thermos or on the stove on lowest setting and leave it for the night. That's the basic recipe, then you can vary it according to taste and add spices, legumes, chicken, left overs from dinner or whatever.

My tip is to first determine your body's energetic state - Yin or Yang dominance? Hot/Cold/Dampness/Phlegm/Dryness/Wind etc. And then eat accordingly. Get some books on food energetics or check out sites like http://www.shen-nong.com/eng/lifestyles/food_property_food_tcm.html

That said there are some tonic herbs that are fairly Yin Yang balanced such as Lingzhi and Cordyceps that can be used by anyone.

Stock(home made) provides shitloads of Qi. I think the proverb "a good stock will cure anything" exists in every culture on Earth. In Norwegian the word for stock is the same as for "power" :) Get some organic bones, sinew, chicken feet etc., dump them in a large pot with water and a splash of vinegar or wine and keep it just below boiling point for up to a couple of days. The last couple of hours add some veggies and herbs. Strain, cool and remove the fat(and marrow) which can be used for frying.

Fermented food is full of Qi. It's living and reproducing! So make some sauerkraut, rakfisk or medicinal wines.

Eating kidneys works wonders for weak kidneys. Fried lamb kidneys make me feel like superman. I ate lamb testicles once, grilled on a stick. Tastes superb and full of Qi and hormones.

Edited by Eto
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this