Sign in to follow this  
3L3VAT3

NAET session...

Ok. Here's the deal: I looked up certified acupunturist for my zip on google and came up with what looked like a good lead. The guy had a good shpeal and was close. So I made an appointment and hoped for the best.

I get there and when I talk to the actual doctor it seemed all good. I explained to him about my desire to have acupunture, chiropractic work, qiqong, whatever to help me in withdrawing from the methadone, and for posture/alignment and acne too...

Then he takes me in this room and does this test where he puts a vial of "chi" in my hand to see how my system reacts to this. Like I hold a vial of clear liquid that says "grains" or "sugar" and he tries to push my arm down as I lay on my back and hold my other arm perpendicular to my body. Of course some times my arm is able to be pushed down easily and other times I can resist his pushing. He does this with like 15 different 'substances'. Then (because my main concern was addiction related) he has me hold vials that said(I'm assuming it wasn't actual drugs lol) the name of drugs on them. Now was when I started to get wary, cuz I could hold my arm for 'Heroin' but not 'Opium'. Now, they're both opiates so it should be the same fuckin result. :huh: Same thing with 'Marijuana' and 'Hashish'; different arm reaction!! And he's unclear about what exactly my arm's reaction means. Like if I can resist his pushing my arm down then I have a tolerance or what... :wacko:

I realize he's pushing my arm at different angles to engineer the result. sometimes he only pushes down, so it seems like I'm strong and able to resist... then he uses only a finger but the angle is perpendicular to my arm so it goes down no matter how much I resist. :huh: So i was thinking wtf?! :angry:

Then I talk to another dude who does the actual acupunture and he seemed more knowledgable and actually had some insight into some physical symptoms. The actual actupunture session seemed to go better but at that point i was wary of the whole deal. :huh:

Now, has anyone else had experience like this? Am i correct in assuming that this was mostly bullshit? I mean, I believe in "hokey/unscientific" things like shaktipats and transmissions and chi and kriyas and all that... but this seemed like bullshit. Please Tbums; help a brother out! :lol:

I've had a fair amount of acupuncture, guan jiu, and some other traditional Chinese work and never heard of anything like that.

I'm definitely not an authority and I have a foot each in the Eastern and the Western paradigms.

My BS meter would have been off the scale.

Yeah... the more I think about it the more pissed off I am... Luckily I had a print out from the internet that said the initial consultation is free, so I only paid for the acupunture; which was the legitimate part of the whole thing.

What kind of a person takes advantage of people like that? I bet a lot of people fall for shit like that.

• Like 1

Was it a 'version' of the muscle-testing stuff used in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinesiology ?

How much you 'invest' in a given substance-name or something? Like whenever I hear the word 'Glee' I literally cringe :)

But seriously, I figure one way to set the BS detector meter would be if you didn't know what was in those vials. And if the practitioner didn't believe the whole thing. Doctors do this stuff too BTW. And if I recall, they even teach how in medical school now.

One of my exes tried to muscle test me whilst I was going through some of the worst parts of my stroke rehab. I found it ridiculous.

Hi 3L3VAT3

"Like I hold a vial of clear liquid that says "grains" or "sugar" and he tries to push my arm down"

This is what they use to test for Allergies

(Usually standing up with your arm out to your side at 90 deg)

They say if you are allergic to something you hold then you will be weak and your arm will push down.

The worse the allergy the weaker your arm will be.

Not sure how this works or if it is legit

Good Luck

Shawn

Edited by au2o3

yeah... that's exactly what it was: Hold this vial and see if I can push your arm down. I was laying on my back with my arm pointing straight up to the ceiling and he would try to push it down. He would say things like "oh, I feel this one is going to affect you a LOT" and shit like that.

Like I said, I've paid for shaktipats and other things that I would have a hard time convincing a skeptic about, but this was over the top.

And I could tell the angle he was pushing me at... Like he would push DOWN on my arm (cuz im layin on my back, right) and I could hold it steady; but the affect was like "whoa, he put a lot of pressure that time"... but he was pushing DOWN. Then he would push my arm towards the wall (perpendicular)and it could move easly; only with 1 finger.

Yeah that's kineseology not really anything to do with acupuncture, I've had it before and it was strange how different things made my body weaker but I'm unsure how it works but it's used more to determine food sensitivity and allergy than anything else I think

In all likelihood, I made those vials he used. Where I work, we are the largest manufacturer of allergy testing vials in the world, as far as I know.

The vials are made using an electromagnetic signature of the substance being tested.

Practitioners use the vials in different ways. Many are very exact and precise in their testing procedures, so, marijuana and hash are NOT the same. If there is the slightest difference in substances, they want to test for it.

I've always been skeptical of muscle testing, but talking with, and taking orders from practitioners from around the world, everyday, has convinced me that muscle testing is no more B.S. than any other energy healing method.

Results depend, primarily, on the practitioner. Not the method or the vials. Of course, it's a great help if muscle testing is in the belief system of the client/patient, but it's not always necessary.

Perhaps he wasn't a very skilled practitioner.

Sign in to follow this