henro

Qi revolution seminars

What is qi revolution ?? I've seen the ads for it but it looks like an exercise they created and called qigong. Anyone have any info on this practice ??

http://qirevolution.com/

Please keep in mind Qigong in Qigong. People would like you to think that theirs are different from others and come up with a fancy name. They claim they have special effects. But, hey, Qigong is breathing and body movements. What other popular Qigong do you see that doesn't do these two things.

Please keep in mind Qigong in Qigong. People would like you to think that theirs are different from others and come up with a fancy name. They claim they have special effects. But, hey, Qigong is breathing and body movements. What other popular Qigong do you see that doesn't do these two things.

That has not been my experience, but sure, body movements and breath will produce some noticeable energy movement.

It'd be nice to know where these movements came from. Did someone just make it up , is it based on any particular modality - 5 elements, meridian theory, etc. ? Has the teacher been practicing for decades or a week ? Who were his teachers ? Is there a history of students achieving better health, and lifestyle through this system ? Is there a timeframe and sequence for the students to become teachers, or is it basically if you can pay you can teach ?

Basic questions from anyone who has any experience with internal arts. . . .

The thread that Creation linked to says it all.

That has not been my experience, but sure, body movements and breath will produce some noticeable energy movement.

1. It'd be nice to know where these movements came from. Did someone just make it up

2. is it based on any particular modality - 5 elements, meridian theory, etc. ?

3. Has the teacher been practicing for decades or a week ?

4. Who were his teachers ?

5. Is there a history of students achieving better health, and lifestyle through this system ?

6. Is there a timeframe and sequence for the students to become teachers, or is it basically if you can pay you can teach ?

7. Basic questions from anyone who has any experience with internal arts. . . .

8. The thread that Creation linked to says it all.

To answer question #1 will answer all the rest of the questions except #8. I think you had said it all "body movements and breath will produce some noticeable energy movement". However, it needs to be rephrased: "body movements and breath will produce all the energy."

All body movements were made up by someone or where else would they come from...??? They all cause muscle contraction which what is most effective in Chi Kung practice. It really doesn't matter what kind of movements that you do. It was the muscle contraction that was doing all the work to give you the health benefits. It goes the same to breathing, it doesn't matter how you breathe, the air goes into you lungs and collected by the read blood cells. To be more specific, actually, it was the platelets that was picking up the oxygen from the lungs and delivered to the body cells.

If you are doing Chi Kung, you are doing internal arts already. If you would study the basics from physiology and how the body function you will know what I meant.

To answer question #1 will answer all the rest of the questions except #8. I think you had said it all "body movements and breath will produce some noticeable energy movement". However, it needs to be rephrased: "body movements and breath will produce all the energy."

All body movements were made up by someone or where else would they come from...??? They all cause muscle contraction which what is most effective in Chi Kung practice. It really doesn't matter what kind of movements that you do. It was the muscle contraction that was doing all the work to give you the health benefits. It goes the same to breathing, it doesn't matter how you breathe, the air goes into you lungs and collected by the read blood cells. To be more specific, actually, it was the platelets that was picking up the oxygen from the lungs and delivered to the body cells.

If you are doing Chi Kung, you are doing internal arts already. If you would study the basics from physiology and how the body function you will know what I meant.

Perhaps, my first question wasn't clear. . . did this guy come up with the movements on his own or were they conceived by his teachers. The answer for which sets up the next question - what have the results been ? That's pretty straight forward I think.

Actually I have studied the movements from the basis of physiology. Currently getting a degree in Chinese medicine, and have been studying martial arts for 25 years. As I'm sure you know many systems of qigong have specific intent - strengthening the immune system, strengthening the organs using patterns of the 5 elements, etc.

As a comparison, I'd rather take golf lessons from a proven coach who has either been a pro himself or has coached others to a professional level. That's all, your mileage may vary. . .

Perhaps, my first question wasn't clear. . . did this guy come up with the movements on his own or were they conceived by his teachers. The answer for which sets up the next question - what have the results been ? That's pretty straight forward I think.

Actually I have studied the movements from the basis of physiology. Currently getting a degree in Chinese medicine, and have been studying martial arts for 25 years. As I'm sure you know many systems of qigong have specific intent - strengthening the immune system, strengthening the organs using patterns of the 5 elements, etc.

As a comparison, I'd rather take golf lessons from a proven coach who has either been a pro himself or has coached others to a professional level. That's all, your mileage may vary. . .

He studied with Glenn Morris and Primack refused to give Glenn any credit for teaching him. So they parted ways. Also Primack has made an outrageous claim that he has been trained by a Siberian shaman.

He studied with Glenn Morris and Primack refused to give Glenn any credit for teaching him. So they parted ways. Also Primack has made an outrageous claim that he has been trained by a Siberian shaman.

I know Jeff and worked with him for awhile while Glenn was still alive.

Jeff is good for the unwashed public. He's kinda like a gateway drug for qigong. He offers it cheaply and makes money on the backend. If a person has been a serious student for a number of years of Qigong then there would not be much for them in his programs. He has a one-size fits all idea of qigong exercises. One of my students had developed some chi deviations when she did his qigongs.

I think the shaman is real. He used to talk about her a lot and what he learned when he visited us but he never would reveal her name because that was her wish. All I know is that maybe she is from California. I think he was in his early 20s when he studied with her.

Jeff's an OK guy. He is driven and worked hard to get where he is at. He really wanted to be successful in doing seminars. And he is. He can be pretty authoritarian and if you like that kind of stuff, he's your guy.

It's true he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge his teachers publically which is kinda lame and bad form. I did some energy initiation on him and it ended up on his tantra page a while back but no acknowledgment of the part I had in empowering him tantrically and contributing to his knowledge base.

Ah well....we all make mistakes and he is young and somewhat naive but I think he really wants to do good things for people.

It's been 5 years since he and I have really talked so maybe things have changed. Who knows?

• Like 3

I know Jeff and worked with him for awhile while Glenn was still alive.

Jeff is good for the unwashed public. He's kinda like a gateway drug for qigong. He offers it cheaply and makes money on the backend. If a person has been a serious student for a number of years of Qigong then there would not be much for them in his programs. He has a one-size fits all idea of qigong exercises. One of my students had developed some chi deviations when she did his qigongs.

I think the shaman is real. He used to talk about her a lot and what he learned when he visited us but he never would reveal her name because that was her wish. All I know is that maybe she is from California. I think he was in his early 20s when he studied with her.

Jeff's an OK guy. He is driven and worked hard to get where he is at. He really wanted to be successful in doing seminars. And he is. He can be pretty authoritarian and if you like that kind of stuff, he's your guy.

It's true he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge his teachers publically which is kinda lame and bad form. I did some energy initiation on him and it ended up on his tantra page a while back but no acknowledgment of the part I had in empowering him tantrically and contributing to his knowledge base.

Ah well....we all make mistakes and he is young and somewhat naive but I think he really wants to do good things for people.

It's been 5 years since he and I have really talked so maybe things have changed. Who knows?

This all seems a very fair assessment. I went to his seminars (basic and advanced) some years ago to check it out. To this day, I don't use a single thing he taught but I would agree that for those uninitiated in qigong it is a gateway. And he does seem to want to be 'seminar successful'; that came across a little too much to me. I got to know one of the advanced instructors and mentioned that one problem is his lack of Qi deviation coverage. For teaching so many forms, he makes it out like it is trouble-free. Also, he does not explain the origin of some things or emphasize some stuff too much. He is quite proud of his nine-breath method. My Qigong master always laughs when I mention his name; he has worked on Jeff a few times. He always jokes about his nine breath method and asks why it takes him nine breaths when one good breath will do it, LOL. (Reminds me of the saying that the greatest chinese acupuncturist only uses one needle). Yes, probably young and naive and a little too seminar happy. But if it keeps the money rolling in, that is his right to pursue.