awake

Effective Grounding Meditation?

Multiple people have given me the suggestion to find one of these.. I wonder if you can tell me of an effective one.

Thanks.

Here's a simple one, useful for every-day interactions when you're going into a situation that makes you nervous.

1 sit in an un-upholstered chair--your back straight but not stiff, feet on the floor, arms in your lap

2 Breathe and let go of any thoughts that float into your mind--let them pass like logs floating down a river.

3 Place your attention in the bottoms of your feet--actually feel them against the floor, determine if there are any tensions in your feet, if so, intensify them (not to the point of cramping), then when you're ready let them go.

4 Follow the same process (in #3) with your ankles and lower legs, then your knees and thighs, then your buttocks against the chair..

5 Gradually work your way up your whole body to the top of your skull and your brain within.

6 When your done, say out loud, "HERE I AM". Repeat it a few times and realize it's a fact -- (i.e. you are not in other people's ideas about you)

• Like 1

Multiple people have given me the suggestion to find one of these.. I wonder if you can tell me of an effective one.

Thanks.

I suggest placing attention roughly somewhere well below the ground level, say 12 feet into the ground. You can also focus on your feet, but I found it better to focus below the body altogether.

Also visualizing pervasive velvety black helps sometimes (especially if your visual field is disturbed in some way and/or needs rest).

I'm guessing the most effective one is marrying and having children. :D

Lots of physical sports, working with soil, etc. pretty much grounds you. Oh yes, Yoga also. For sitting meditation you could imagine roots growing down from your feet to the center of the earth. You'll find lots of stuff like this on youtube.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of balance sports, especially parkour, breakdancing, and handstands. Barefoot hiking has also done a great deal to increase awareness in my feet and ankles, improve balance, and decrease the extra effort I use in walking. It's also very pleasing for my feet to get into the dirt.

Lie down on the ground. Grass because it's soft on your ass.

End of story

Grass? Softness? Comfort? !!

Things to be discarded. Westerners are spoilt and demanding. A good spank, a cold shower, or standing inside a giant vibrating bell works wonders! :lol:

just kidding...

Grass? Softness? Comfort? !!

Things to be discarded. Westerners are spoilt and demanding. A good spank, a cold shower, or standing inside a giant vibrating bell works wonders! :lol:

just kidding...

Damn truth! We are all spoiled beyond comprehension.

Btw, Cold showers are AWESOME. One could say they are grounding, if feeling 100% fucking alive is your definition of being grounded in reality :lol:

And always a good thing to challenge your comfort zone ;)