DalTheJigsaw123

I Opened my Kundalini, But I did it to Early!

I opened my Kundalini, but I did it to early and I am trying to reverse it.

I just want to know more information on Kundalini.

I am reading a few books on it and they are wonderful, was wondering what other peoples thoughts were on Kundalini.

Haven't had much experience with kundalini itself.

But with general energy, feeling, and otherwise intense situations, sometimes it's better to let the energy flow and just get it out of the way.

One of the biggest problems that I can think of with high flows of energy is an unprepared, blocked system.

Trying to jam the energy back in might prove futile and potentially worsen the problem. I might, keeping in mind my own personal experience, suggest "getting out of its way" by clearing out any blockages you have, healing your system, and preparing for intense energy flows (as always, I find myself recommending "Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body" by B.K. Frantzis for stuff like this). Don't work directly with the energy so you divert your focus and attention elsewhere- it's strong enough without you adding your own energy to the mix.

And don't forget the arms, legs, and head. I'd also suggest trying to disperse the energy as much as possible throughout as much of your body as you can.

Buuuuuut keep in mind that I've had no experience with it. But if it suddenly happened to me now, I'd do the above, and then ask here :P

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

It's convenient yes?

Having this whole idea of kundalini to fall back on. I know because I was there for some time.

You feel somehow not as you would like and your mind finds a great reason for this.

"Premature Kundalini!"

"Boy what a relief, it could have been something about ME"

"Now let me just fix this annoying external thing that's bugging me and THEN things will be great"

It's easy to treat "kundalini" like this annoying douchebag roommate that has moved in and you want to kick this guy out of your house. But if you kick him out you will eventually have to work alot harder to clean up his mess. And this guy left used condoms on the sofa and month old socks are hanging everywhere.

Man.. there is nothing to reverse. Don't make obstructions.

"Kundalini" or whatever is about FLOW. And flow can't be attained through effort. Drop effort.

If you feel electrically charged beyond your capacity then there are obviously things you can do to not overload. There are many resources here and on the net. But move from where you are and don't try to reverse anything or grasp the past.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if I've opened my kundalini or not. Maybe I'll learn somthing for myself here. When I sit in zazen posture, the instructions are to keep the eyes slightly open, but I close my eyes because I feel a nice healing energy running up to my pineal gland or there abouts. To keep the sensation from being overly strong I will let it fall down the front. I'm not totally sure if this is doing microcosmic orbit meditation, since I've never had a formal teacher on this, but it does feel very blissful, like my glands have opened and sweet juices are going through my channels. At times this sensation is much more intense and it will shoot up and slowly fall down the front, shoot up and then slowly fall down the front. I sometimes have to do sort of a head twitch, or better -- a head twitch manifests of it's own, to allow the energy to pass beyond my neck and behind my head. I started to notice this rather soon after meditating with a very erect posture. I also breath more a Warrior's Breath to move the energy as well. Zazen is supposed to be with a quiet Scholars Breath, but I felt this to be a great sensation which could only be improving circulation and gland function so I just go with it.

I also wonder what the difference is between kundalini and chi energy.

Hopefully ShaktiMama will swoop in soon :D *flashes signal ****

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

I am reading a few books on it and they are wonderful, was wondering what other peoples thoughts were on Kundalini.

you will find more than a few opinions on this. I believe it was Taomeow who said she has a process to shut down kundalini.

My first thought after reading your opening sentence: "why too early"?

I'm not sure if I've opened my kundalini or not. Maybe I'll learn somthing for myself here. When I sit in zazen posture, the instructions are to keep the eyes slightly open, but I close my eyes because I feel a nice healing energy running up to my pineal gland or there abouts. To keep the sensation from being overly strong I will let it fall down the front. I'm not totally sure if this is doing microcosmic orbit meditation, since I've never had a formal teacher on this, but it does feel very blissful, like my glands have opened and sweet juices are going through my channels. At times this sensation is much more intense and it will shoot up and slowly fall down the front, shoot up and then slowly fall down the front. I sometimes have to do sort of a head twitch, or better -- a head twitch manifests of it's own, to allow the energy to pass beyond my neck and behind my head. I started to notice this rather soon after meditating with a very erect posture. I also breath more a Warrior's Breath to move the energy as well. Zazen is supposed to be with a quiet Scholars Breath, but I felt this to be a great sensation which could only be improving circulation and gland function so I just go with it.

I also wonder what the difference is between kundalini and chi energy.

Hopefully ShaktiMama will swoop in soon :D *flashes signal ****

:lol: Might that be a caduceus shining in the clouds?

chi is energy so is kundalini but they are not the same. Chi cultivation does feel real gooood when you get the blocks moved out.

people get their undies in a twist when I appropriate the word kundalini because i think they feel I use it out of context. Being an interfaith minister I am always looking for common ground to speak into a commonality of human experiences.

The best way I can describe kundalini is how it affects your life. It CHANGES your life. Chi can too over time but it is more subtle when compared to kundalini. I personally believe that a kundalini awakening is similar to the 2nd birth talked about in Christianity. Being born again does describe how tumultuous and dramatic the awakening and life changes can be. It doesnt have to be so dramatic but those where it happens spontaneously and without the context of some type of internal cultivation practice it usually is. That would be my story. It was like being transported to an alternate universe where I felt more like a character in a wild fantasy movie.

One can also find description of k awakening as the greatest Kan and Li or Nei Shen Gung Fu. Depends on the culture you are in. One can find it in all major spiritual traditions. Whatever the cultural landscape one lives in will color the experience of what is a natural, universal phenomenon. No culture, no race, and no belief system has a monopoly on this energy. It would be like saying that only Americans or the Chinese can speak definitvely or with any authority about gravity or only New Zealanders are the only ones that understand trees. Just find a system and stick with it until one achieves some degree of mastery. Then go look at how other cultures view this phenomenon. Take what you need that serves you and just disregard the limitations that don't. Run like hell from those who say they have the only true way.

I think the purpose of kundalini awakening is theosis but then again that is just my personal BS (belief system.) You can read what a mentor of mine has to say about kundalini on the front page of our website.

The bottom line is your life and everything about you starts to change, from the way you breathe, to what you eat, to the kinds of friends you have, what you wear, what you read. It is true transformation.

hope that helps some.

• Like 1

I don't know anything about kundalini, but I love these two quotes:

Run like hell from those who say they have the only true way.

and

that is just my personal BS (belief system.)

• Like 3

Tell us more Leon ,what in particular inetersts you?

:lol: Might that be a caduceus shining in the clouds?

chi is energy so is kundalini but they are not the same. Chi cultivation does feel real gooood when you get the blocks moved out.

people get their undies in a twist when I appropriate the word kundalini because i think they feel I use it out of context. Being an interfaith minister I am always looking for common ground to speak into a commonality of human experiences.

The best way I can describe kundalini is how it affects your life. It CHANGES your life. Chi can too over time but it is more subtle when compared to kundalini. I personally believe that a kundalini awakening is similar to the 2nd birth talked about in Christianity. Being born again does describe how tumultuous and dramatic the awakening and life changes can be. It doesnt have to be so dramatic but those where it happens spontaneously and without the context of some type of internal cultivation practice it usually is. That would be my story. It was like being transported to an alternate universe where I felt more like a character in a wild fantasy movie.

One can also find description of k awakening as the greatest Kan and Li or Nei Shen Gung Fu. Depends on the culture you are in. One can find it in all major spiritual traditions. Whatever the cultural landscape one lives in will color the experience of what is a natural, universal phenomenon. No culture, no race, and no belief system has a monopoly on this energy. It would be like saying that only Americans or the Chinese can speak definitvely or with any authority about gravity or only New Zealanders are the only ones that understand trees. Just find a system and stick with it until one achieves some degree of mastery. Then go look at how other cultures view this phenomenon. Take what you need that serves you and just disregard the limitations that don't. Run like hell from those who say they have the only true way.

I think the purpose of kundalini awakening is theosis but then again that is just my personal BS (belief system.) You can read what a mentor of mine has to say about kundalini on the front page of our website.

The bottom line is your life and everything about you starts to change, from the way you breathe, to what you eat, to the kinds of friends you have, what you wear, what you read. It is true transformation.

hope that helps some.

lol, I knew we could count on you :D

that is very helpful. So it sounds like maybe I have been doing MCO, but Kundalini would be a more dramatic realization/experience. My dad had a spontaneous born again experience 20 some years ago and totally cleaned up his attitude towards everything.. so sounds like more of the awakening (I personally wouldn't equate it to full Enlightenment in the Buddhist sense) experienced by highly successful KAP. I'm given to "conscious" living, 0 loyalty veganism, and the like, but I know I've only been dipping my feet in the ocean, not ready to be a merman.

Could you tell me where I might find more about Kan and Li or Nei Shen

Gung Fu tradition?

Always appreciated! ;)

I opened my Kundalini, but I did it too early and I am trying to reverse it.

Hi Leon. What were you practicing and what leads you to believe you opened your kundalini, if you don't mind going into more detail about it? :)

http://www.biologyofkundalini.com/

This website is very informative.

You might also look into some of Manly p Halls work on alchemy.

The kundalini tends to open in stages. There is a lesser awakening, when you meet the serpent. During the lesser awakening the imagination begins to rejuvinate, and energy increases.

This is also when a very difficult part of the journey called the dark night begins. The dark night is a stage of purification. Your mind and senses must become crystal clear. You will go through a very intense stage of purification.

After this there is a stage called the greater awakening. During this stage the kundalini rises through the chakras and the yogi enters into samadhi.

Remember that the process is very intelligent. Its capable if balancing you out if you let it.

Stay connected to the divine. However you relate to the divine is important. Its your own spiritual essence your relating to. Trust your intuition.

When the kundalini finally takes hold it will make quite a few changes. I found myself dropping out of a conservative community college in the bible belt and setting out on an adventure leading deeper and deeper into the nature of the universe and the self.

I would highly recommend finding a good massage therapist. Energy healing is certainly a viable option. If you have awakened your kundalini then healthy energy has to be a priority.

Please describe your experiences in more detail.

• Like 2

What is it like right now that you've opened up your kundalini?

A lot of negativity with a mix of psychic abilities and other weird ass phenomenon that makes me feel that I am loosing my mind and going insane. I also have had my girlfriend around me since going through this and she believes I belong in the mental institution. This is not because I am "Crazy." But because paranormal shit and other crazy phenomenon has happened.

It's convenient yes?

Having this whole idea of kundalini to fall back on. I know because I was there for some time.

You feel somehow not as you would like and your mind finds a great reason for this.

"Premature Kundalini!"

"Boy what a relief, it could have been something about ME"

"Now let me just fix this annoying external thing that's bugging me and THEN things will be great"

It's easy to treat "kundalini" like this annoying douchebag roommate that has moved in and you want to kick this guy out of your house. But if you kick him out you will eventually have to work alot harder to clean up his mess. And this guy left used condoms on the sofa and month old socks are hanging everywhere.

Man.. there is nothing to reverse. Don't make obstructions.

"Kundalini" or whatever is about FLOW. And flow can't be attained through effort. Drop effort.

If you feel electrically charged beyond your capacity then there are obviously things you can do to not overload. There are many resources here and on the net. But move from where you are and don't try to reverse anything or grasp the past.

Any suggestions/recommendations? From the top of your head?

you will find more than a few opinions on this. I believe it was Taomeow who said she has a process to shut down kundalini.

My first thought after reading your opening sentence: "why too early"?

I do not know how to control it.

Too much power and not enough grounding.

Tell us more Leon ,what in particular inetersts you?

The basics.

I started the other way around.

I started with Advanced without first grounding myself.

Edited by LeonBasin

The basics.

I started the other way around.

I started with Advanced without first grounding myself.

How much exercise do you get (20-30 minutes, up your heart rate, go for a sweat, ect)? What is your diet like?

Might I suggest you go outside, take off your shoes, warm up, do some stretches. Grip the ground with your hands and your feet. Get in there. Pat your whole body to get the blood flowing. Do some jumping jacks. Do some push ups- remember the grip. Run, alternate your speed and intensity- start slow, explode into a sprint, even out with a nice jogging pace, then finish hard.

Get hungry. Eat a burger. Drink a coke. Have a milkshake. All that stuff about the lower vibes of slaughtered animals stopping your spiritual practice? Yeah, maybe you need to bring yourself "down" a little bit. Root. Get in touch with your animal side.

Listen to some music that really gets your heart pumping and your blood boiling. Get angry, feel like you wanna tear somebody's head off (no one in particular, just get pumped).

And get physical with your girlfriend. Give her something real crazy to think about ;)

And then all the other stuff about clearing, grounding, and letting it flow. Associate yourself with ALL aspects of the spectrum. You've spent some time on the high end, now spend some time on the low end, and once you feel evened out, a healthy mix of both.

But sometimes it's easiest to relax and open up after sex and otherwise being pumped up for a while.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I do not know how to control it.

Too much power and not enough grounding.

Hi Leon. It may seem rough right now, but most if not all people seem to manage to get through this type of experience OK, although it can be somewhat rough for a while for some. I don't have direct experience with this sort of occurence but these sites might provide some help:

Kundalini Emergencies

There is a section further down the page called "What you can do".

The information on this site seems somewhat dated but may be helpful as well:

Shared Transformation

This group is based in Canada but offers free assistance for people having spiritual awakening

experiences that they are having problems dealing with. They may be able to offer some advice:

Spiritual Emergence Service

Here is someone else who offers to help by doing a remote reading of your kundalini energy.

She charges a fee ($50) though and I don't know about her at all, whether helpful or not, just came across the link:

Kundalini Coach

It might help to take long brisk walks outdoors such as in a park as that can help balance us out and ground us more. Hopefully others can make some suggestions as well that will be helpful for your situation. Let us know how you are making out with this.

Best wishes to you... :)

How much exercise do you get (20-30 minutes, up your heart rate, go for a sweat, ect)? What is your diet like?

Might I suggest you go outside, take off your shoes, warm up, do some stretches. Grip the ground with your hands and your feet. Get in there. Pat your whole body to get the blood flowing. Do some jumping jacks. Do some push ups- remember the grip. Run, alternate your speed and intensity- start slow, explode into a sprint, even out with a nice jogging pace, then finish hard.

Get hungry. Eat a burger. Drink a coke. Have a milkshake. All that stuff about the lower vibes of slaughtered animals stopping your spiritual practice? Yeah, maybe you need to bring yourself "down" a little bit. Root. Get in touch with your animal side.

Listen to some music that really gets your heart pumping and your blood boiling. Get angry, feel like you wanna tear somebody's head off (no one in particular, just get pumped).

And get physical with your girlfriend. Give her something real crazy to think about wink.gif

And then all the other stuff about clearing, grounding, and letting it flow. Associate yourself with ALL aspects of the spectrum. You've spent some time on the high end, now spend some time on the low end, and once you feel evened out, a healthy mix of both.

But sometimes it's easiest to relax and open up after sex and otherwise being pumped up for a while.

Well said, its simple but he needs to get some energy out in healthy ways. The being quiet and touching earth really works if he'll let it. I would caution him Just don't get to confused by the different descriptions of everyones path, like the serpent and yogi, its the same in non indian energy work as well, its energy, qi, chi, same thing just learning to move it around our body and drop it to heal ourselves.

same thing just learning to move it around our body and drop it to heal ourselves.

Here's a link to great instructional video of Five Treasures Qi Gong. It will probably be a very vivid experience in your current state. It should help to ground/calm you, and to circulate up, down, and out, the energy that you feel you need to release, while bringing in positive. The movements are very easy, very relaxing, and a very good way to enter the concepts of Qi Gong if your new to them.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1572962536605659291#

For what it's worth, I would avoid eating meat and try to give your body healthier food. You can get tons of protein from nuts and soy milk (a cup of soy milk has nearly the same protein as a small steak). Though you might not want to let the experience go too far, you could pacify it by giving it what it wants -- lots of goodness :)

Still going for a run and other hard exercise sounds like a good idea.

Thanks all!

I really appreciate it!

I will definitely take these into consideration.

I am starting over and starting with simplicity.

Breath in and out.

Sit down and shut up:) Type of an approach.

I've been living with what the Hindus call Kundalini my whole life, as the adults around me had it awakened in them. I then had it awakened in me shortly after puberty through an unmistakable experience through a Kundalini Yoga Master from Indian lineage.

There are some good books on it. I prefer the Buddhist take now, as it de-mystifies it more in my opinion. But, if you want just the straight Hindu view, which is where that word describing the phenomena comes from. A Good book is, "Play of Consciousness." Also, "Daughter of Fire" is good as well.

I wish you well Leon!

Go do this and thank me later. ;)

Take off your shoes, lie down and relax your entire body. Now wiggle & convulse your toes. Send all of your awareness here and try to feel that "sweet" energy here. Keep wiggling. Imagine water dripping from them. Do this for 30 minutes at a time whenever you feel too "out there".

When the energy is most intense where does it originate? And do your ears sometimes ring all of a sudden?

I've been living with what the Hindus call Kundalini my whole life, as the adults around me had it awakened in them. I then had it awakened in me shortly after puberty through an unmistakable experience through a Kundalini Yoga Master from Indian lineage.

There are some good books on it. I prefer the Buddhist take now, as it de-mystifies it more in my opinion. But, if you want just the straight Hindu view, which is where that word describing the phenomena comes from. A Good book is, "Play of Consciousness." Also, "Daughter of Fire" is good as well.

I wish you well Leon!

Thank you!

I will check those books out!

Go do this and thank me later. ;)

Take off your shoes, lie down and relax your entire body. Now wiggle & convulse your toes. Send all of your awareness here and try to feel that "sweet" energy here. Keep wiggling. Imagine water dripping from them. Do this for 30 minutes at a time whenever you feel too "out there".

When the energy is most intense where does it originate? And do your ears sometimes ring all of a sudden?

I am thanking you now!:)

And will try this.

Thanks!