exorcist_1699

Oil lamp: a metaphor of jing ,qi and shen

Our life is like a set of oil lamp:

Jing as the oil to keep the fire burning; qi as the fire and, more importantly, shen as the light emitting ,going far away.. .

How far the light can go , can give us direction and wisdom? There is no limitation, it depends on what kind, how pure the oil you get.

• Like 3

I think you had something else on your mind when you wrote this lines... mind too share it too?

Q

Yeah, I did.

The most unbelievable part of Taoist practice is its claim of those spirit-related, supernatural powers. People wonder why only by eating ordinary stuff : meat, fruits..and breathing in air ( oxygen, carbon dioxide..), can we get powers beyond the nature. By raising this metaphor, I want to let readers think more about why by refining the basic force of life ( jing) , some invisible , intelligent thing can happen..

I have to say , ordinary people's spirit is dispersing like ordinary light, powerless; Taoist refined spirit is coherent as a laser beam ; that is why it can foretell things not yet happened, why it can change things' structure as laser cutting through extreme hard steel...

Edited by exorcist_1699