Sign in to follow this  
wakeupneo

All day breathing practice

Does anyone have a constant and conscious practice all day?

Anyone familiar with 3srb?

http://3srb.org/

3 second inhale and a 2 second inhale. Spoken to a couple individuals that swear by this practice if one does it diligently.

just looking for an alternative to chasing the empty stream of thoughts...

best,

j

Does anyone have a constant and conscious practice all day?

Anyone familiar with 3srb?

http://3srb.org/

3 second inhale and a 2 second inhale. Spoken to a couple individuals that swear by this practice if one does it diligently.

just looking for an alternative to chasing the empty stream of thoughts...

best,

j

I do abdominal breathing all day as my normal breathing habit.

What are you really asking here.???

3 second inhale and a 2 second inhale....??? OR

3 second inhale and a 2 second EXhale....???

The former serves no purpose. The latter is more practical and makes more sense.

Don't adhere to fixed constraints... just breathe as deeply and rhythmically as possibly all day, but ensure that the length of the exhale near matches the length of the inhale; everyone knows how to inhale, but the problem is that barely anyone knows how to properly exhale... big beginners problem..avoid: long inhale, short exhale.... keep them balanced, even if it means cutting short your inhale despite having a longer potential, so match the exhale with inhale... this is the balance of yin (inhale) and yang (exhale) energies, otherwise you create imbalance... keep awareness on dan-tian, focus on the breath to exercise concentration and quell nuisance thoughts.

Edited by fizix
  • Like 1

I've been trying to be conscious of my breath since I read this thread. Thanks for the inspiration. I can hold my awareness of it so long as I don't get too into anything. I notice I'm not thinking as much though.

• Like 1

I meant 3 second inhale and 2 second exhale.

anyone have any idea why the longer inhale vs. the shorter exhale?

The important thing is that it cycles 12 times per minute. According to Tavaria(the individual that introduced this method) the subtle bodies breath prana at this rate. Doing this will essentially bring the subtle and gross bodies into equilibrium thus allowing for the Self to shine through. After doing if for a couple of days it also drastic dropped heart rate to around 60 beats a minute.

Other all day exercises that Ive entertained are spinal breathing all day, etc...

Anyone else want to share their daily, constant and conscious practices?

"I meant 3 second inhale and 2 second exhale.

1. anyone have any idea why the longer inhale vs. the shorter exhale?

2. The important thing is that it cycles 12 times per minute."

**************************************************************************************

1. The reason we want to inhale longer is to breathe in more oxygen. When exhale, we want to breathe out the carbon dioxide. At the same time, we don't want to breathe out the rest of the unused oxygen.

2. That will keep a balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide so the blood vessels do not constrict to cause hypertension. Also, to maintain the pH at 7 to prevent to have too much acid in the blood.

All day breathing practice... you are doing it since you are born. All you need to do is to be conscious of it. :)

Yes, we don't breathe like a baby anymore; but we need to practice to breathe like a baby again like Chi Kung. :D

I pay attention to where i am breathing from

which happens to be my belly.

I do this by paying attention to that area

and my breath is natural.

I personally focus on the exhale, then allow a natural inhale when the body wants to breathe. I don't push into my belly with the breath (anymore).

If I am cultivating awareness, it is generally awareness of awareness.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this