Sign in to follow this  
Birch

Double orbits

I'd asked a version of this one before but I can't find the old post.

These days I'm 'running' what I describe as 'double orbits'. They mirror each other on both sides of the body, can cross over, can 'jump channels'.

From what I've begun to understand, this is more 'yi' gong than qi-gong (but to be honest I'm getting my gongs mixed up quite some these days.

Any suggestions/counter-indications?

Ive noticed that you can run orbits through the shiatsu channels. That means that at any point in time you could be running 5 orbits on either side of the body. As the shiatsu channels tend to specialize in different elements of energy. A dual mirror rainbow might be a useful visualization to get the energy flowing.

Does this sound anything like the phenomonon your describing.

These days I'm 'running' what I describe as 'double orbits'. They mirror each other on both sides of the body, can cross over, can 'jump channels'.

From what I've begun to understand, this is more 'yi' gong than qi-gong (but to be honest I'm getting my gongs mixed up quite some these days.

Any qigong can be involving Yi. Where Yi goes Qi flows, yidao qidao. IMO any qigong which intentionally moves qi or moves the mind through paths in the body is involving Yi.

Do you get benefit from your method? Does it feel like what you should be doing? Are you asking because you have mixed feelings about it? I suggest you let your self be your guide.

let the grand experiment continue.

Craig

PS - Perhaps the real question should be about Yi. Should you be practicing in this fashion or not? Is it possible to move beyond mentally having an INTENTION to do something towards a state of ATTTENTIVENESS where you perceive the flow of energy as it is and add to that flow by being attentive. Or if something is not flowing perhaps move your attention away from that obstruction and find what does enable better flow of energy. Perhaps you already are doing that which is why you are discovering "unorthodox" flows which you feel the need to discuss. :-)

Edited by VCraigP

Ive noticed that you can run orbits through the shiatsu channels. That means that at any point in time you could be running 5 orbits on either side of the body. As the shiatsu channels tend to specialize in different elements of energy. A dual mirror rainbow might be a useful visualization to get the energy flowing.

Are the siatsu chanels something seperate?

Eternal student talked about there being 9 levels of the microcosmic orbit. Have you had any experience of this?

Are the siatsu chanels something seperate?

Eternal student talked about there being 9 levels of the microcosmic orbit. Have you had any experience of this?

The microcosmic orbit is the central orbit. the shiatsu channels are extensions of the central channel. These are like nerve fibers running through the body connected to the central nervous system.

The microcosmic orbit can expand through different layers of the macrocosm. Expanding the central orbit into the shiatsu channels will fill them and increase your chi flow through your whole body. To me this seems like the natural progression of expansion of the orbit. after this you can open up flow in the aura and expand out into planatary orbits, galactic orbits, ect.

The goal is to open up to the natural channels of divine flow in the universe.

There are 9 degrees of purification of the center and its extremeties. So the process of opening the orbits is a balance between mind expansion and soul retrieval. To do this you must be always spiraling into deeper layers of yourself and reaching out into the universe opening to the divine presense in the universe.

This ultimately results in a series of existential cisis. You become aware of your different hangups that are holding you back. By cultivating detachment you learn to let go of hangups and live in the present moment. The essense of the way is detachment as lao tzu wrote.

When your central flow is strong enough to dissolve your hangups then it can expand into the universe, bringing light and life. The stars light travels across the universe, but the star sits in its center and does all of its work maintaining that central flow. Stars can live for billions of years.

The microcosmic orbit is the central orbit. the shiatsu channels are extensions of the central channel. These are like nerve fibers running through the body connected to the central nervous system.

The microcosmic orbit can expand through different layers of the macrocosm. Expanding the central orbit into the shiatsu channels will fill them and increase your chi flow through your whole body. To me this seems like the natural progression of expansion of the orbit. after this you can open up flow in the aura and expand out into planatary orbits, galactic orbits, ect.

There are 9 degrees of purification of the center and its extremeties. So the process of opening the orbits is a balance between mind expansion and soul retrieval. To do this you must be always spiraling into deeper layers of yourself and reaching out into the universe opening to the divine presense in the universe.

This ultimately results in a series of existential cisis. You become aware of your different hangups that are holding you back. By cultivating detachment you learn to let go of hangups and live in the present moment. The essense of the way is detachment as lao tzu wrote.

When your central flow is strong enough to dissolve your hangups then it can expand into the universe, bringing light and life. The stars light travels across the universe, but the star sits in its center and does all of its work maintaining that central flow. Stars can live for billions of years.

Thanks! That was very usefull. If you have more to say about what you write about here I am all ears:)

I have to confess to not knowing my channels :blush: No idea where the 'shiatsu' channels are. I do 'know' that I'm current running two mirror paths that can take any number of routes. They include limbs, upper body and both sides of the brain. I know people said not to 'do' it but I both am and I'm not 'doing' it. In other words when I put my attention on where the orbits 'might' be at any given moment then that's where I find them, then I can sort of catch them and run with them for a while. But the rest of the time in meditation, I leave pretty much alone and just do emptiness meditation, mindfulness the rest of the time. But the latter doesn't involve orbits. It's getting pretty rare that I do stuff 'intentionally' - unless I'm looking to use a specific mindset/approach to thinking. I went into the idea of 'non-conventional' ways of thinking in another thread.

Any qigong can be involving Yi. Where Yi goes Qi flows, yidao qidao. IMO any qigong which intentionally moves qi or moves the mind through paths in the body is involving Yi.

Do you get benefit from your method? Does it feel like what you should be doing? Are you asking because you have mixed feelings about it? I suggest you let your self be your guide.

let the grand experiment continue.

Craig

PS - Perhaps the real question should be about Yi. Should you be practicing in this fashion or not? Is it possible to move beyond mentally having an INTENTION to do something towards a state of ATTTENTIVENESS where you perceive the flow of energy as it is and add to that flow by being attentive. Or if something is not flowing perhaps move your attention away from that obstruction and find what does enable better flow of energy. Perhaps you already are doing that which is why you are discovering "unorthodox" flows which you feel the need to discuss. :-)

Hi Craig!

Yep and yep and yep and yep. Thanks. I guess I answered some of the question in my response to Phore. Definitely a case to be made for forms vs 'formless' - by which I do mean 'unorthodox'. Seems like orthodoxy isn't my strong suit.

Thanks Phore.

'This ultimately results in a series of existential cisis.'

Yeah, I'd noticed :lol::ninja::glare::P

I have to confess to not knowing my channels :blush: No idea where the 'shiatsu' channels are. I do 'know' that I'm current running two mirror paths that can take any number of routes. They include limbs, upper body and both sides of the brain. I know people said not to 'do' it but I both am and I'm not 'doing' it. In other words when I put my attention on where the orbits 'might' be at any given moment then that's where I find them, then I can sort of catch them and run with them for a while. But the rest of the time in meditation, I leave pretty much alone and just do emptiness meditation, mindfulness the rest of the time. But the latter doesn't involve orbits. It's getting pretty rare that I do stuff 'intentionally' - unless I'm looking to use a specific mindset/approach to thinking. I went into the idea of 'non-conventional' ways of thinking in another thread.

In my opinion you seem to have stumbles upon some authentic mystical experience. You should trust your own interpretation of the metaphors and wisdom presented to you.

Emptiness meditation or sitting and forgetting, ultimately are techniques that allow our conscious minds to relax and enter the trance/ theta state. In the trance state our minds can access the imagination that is a fractal of the collective imagination of earth that is a fractal of the collective imagination of the universe that is a fractal of the collective imagination of the way. Imagination is stored in a sublime crystalization pattern. In the trance state our brains (especially in the post kundalini individual) contains a higher saturation of the dmt molecule that contains this crystalization pattern.

During each of the 9 stages of purifying the center or abyssal chakra we come into deeper and deeper stages of lucidity and clarity imagination/ intuition. The imagination is the only means of cummunication that is unlimited so it is naturally the preferred way of communication with the divine mind. Books and other limited means can only hope to communicate the basics without obscuring the way. Direct communion with the way, which is the original self perfecting center that we all are extensions of, is the primary mechanism of alchemy, and the means through which we may consciously cocreate our personal and collective destiny.

The metaphor of the black hole describes the exestential crisis very well. once you have reached a stage of alchemy it is impossible to turn back because your essence has chosen to eternally seek itself. This is like the event horizon. Running away from alchemical evolution after this point is like trying to run away from next thursday.

As you endlessly spiral closer and closer to center you begin to experience universal pressure. The kundalini has a tendency to haunt you with life and death metaphors until you learn to trust your own divine connection and relax into the ironic balance of it all. The pressure has a tendency to make you feel as if you are being torn apart. This is called spagettification where the pressure from the center of the black hole rips apart and purifies the light and matter on its way to the center. Finally after the process had purified the pathways enough all existence merges into the singularity of the divine connection of consciousness and light. The center is a solid set of universal laws that you can trust. You must purify yourself of ego or the monkey mind to have faith in these laws, and unite the precieved duality of existence into singularity.

singularity is what holds the entire mystery together. The journey of a thousand miles always finds its way to the same inevitable center.

:)

I like to add in some basic qigong exercises to relieve tension in my body. Meditations like taichi and orbits circulate energy which ultimately brings out the natural relaxed brilliance that the body-mind is capable of.

I am constantly running all kinds of orbits within and with all things spontaneously. It is fun to follow them where they lead. I also run orbits within orbits, orbits that run in more than 2D planes, some that look like infinity symbols ( i was told that was a dragon orbit by Hsing yi master).

The more you play with your k development the more you will find.

have fun with this whole journey, K.

be amazed at how wonderfully you are made...

hugs

;)

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/13357-banter/page__view__findpost__p__248289

If you look closely...heh, or, if you have deadman's manual of acupuncture and look at the myriad combinations of channel-interaction, look at first branch of GV vs second branch of GV; also the primary pathway of CV juxtaposed with the branch that arises in the pelvic cavity, enters the spine and ascends...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/29469309/DUIntro

this is what ya get

In my opinion you seem to have stumbles upon some authentic mystical experience. You should trust your own interpretation of the metaphors and wisdom presented to you.

Emptiness meditation or sitting and forgetting, ultimately are techniques that allow our conscious minds to relax and enter the trance/ theta state. In the trance state our minds can access the imagination that is a fractal of the collective imagination of earth that is a fractal of the collective imagination of the universe that is a fractal of the collective imagination of the way. Imagination is stored in a sublime crystalization pattern. In the trance state our brains (especially in the post kundalini individual) contains a higher saturation of the dmt molecule that contains this crystalization pattern.

During each of the 9 stages of purifying the center or abyssal chakra we come into deeper and deeper stages of lucidity and clarity imagination/ intuition. The imagination is the only means of cummunication that is unlimited so it is naturally the preferred way of communication with the divine mind. Books and other limited means can only hope to communicate the basics without obscuring the way. Direct communion with the way, which is the original self perfecting center that we all are extensions of, is the primary mechanism of alchemy, and the means through which we may consciously cocreate our personal and collective destiny.

The metaphor of the black hole describes the exestential crisis very well. once you have reached a stage of alchemy it is impossible to turn back because your essence has chosen to eternally seek itself. This is like the event horizon. Running away from alchemical evolution after this point is like trying to run away from next thursday.

As you endlessly spiral closer and closer to center you begin to experience universal pressure. The kundalini has a tendency to haunt you with life and death metaphors until you learn to trust your own divine connection and relax into the ironic balance of it all. The pressure has a tendency to make you feel as if you are being torn apart. This is called spagettification where the pressure from the center of the black hole rips apart and purifies the light and matter on its way to the center. Finally after the process had purified the pathways enough all existence merges into the singularity of the divine connection of consciousness and light. The center is a solid set of universal laws that you can trust. You must purify yourself of ego or the monkey mind to have faith in these laws, and unite the precieved duality of existence into singularity.

singularity is what holds the entire mystery together. The journey of a thousand miles always finds its way to the same inevitable center.

:)

I like to add in some basic qigong exercises to relieve tension in my body. Meditations like taichi and orbits circulate energy which ultimately brings out the natural relaxed brilliance that the body-mind is capable of.

Thanks Phore.

"In the trance state our minds can access the imagination that is a fractal of the collective imagination of earth that is a fractal of the collective imagination of the universe that is a fractal of the collective imagination of the way. Imagination is stored in a sublime crystalization pattern. In the trance state our brains (especially in the post kundalini individual) contains a higher saturation of the dmt molecule that contains this crystalization pattern."

Yes I was wondering about this part. I still am wondering about this part. If what you're saying is the case, then wouldn't there be some really good experiments to do to prove it? And what about trance states that people don't recognize they're in ?

It kind of reminds me of that guy's work about death prompting as a way to reinforce culture...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Denial_of_Death

;)

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/13357-banter/page__view__findpost__p__248289

If you look closely...heh, or, if you have deadman's manual of acupuncture and look at the myriad combinations of channel-interaction, look at first branch of GV vs second branch of GV; also the primary pathway of CV juxtaposed with the branch that arises in the pelvic cavity, enters the spine and ascends...

http://www.scribd.com/doc/29469309/DUIntro

this is what ya get

Wow your pp forum has gotten really interesting :)

Sign in to follow this