Sign in to follow this  
hagar

I got an A

I got an "A"

What can I say

As we say in Norway

Good times come easy

But they never stay

More info. What subject? HOw many pages? and a few examples of what A material looks like.

Please

Michael

P.S Congrads :)

Oh, hell, I get a rash just thinking about it again...

The topic was the Philosophy of Technology, with emphasis on the thought of Walter Benjamin.

100 pages

I bled for that grade.

Manifested good, I think

Too much head work though, but I managed to squeeze in some Kabbalah in there,

the overcoming of technological alientation and destruction can create a Tikkun Olam of the world.

h

Congratulations! It sounds as if you managed to have some fun mixed with all of the work that went into this.

Was this the final requirement for your Masters?

Charlie

:wub: Thanks.

This is not looking like a bragging thread, right?

I had too much fun during my student years, and put my studies in second place behind skiing, climbing and retreats. It was the final requirment for the thesis, and it was the hardest thing I ever had done, juggling fatherhood, no sleep, a part time job etc. But who's complaining?

I guess it's a very un-daositic thing to put emphasis on a grade, but this thing makes life for my family a whole lot easier. It opens so many doors, and if I had done worse, I may have been forced to flip burgers at MacDonald's.

As I sat through my last months of all-nighters and changing diapers, I decided to put my whole heart into it, and do it for my son. I wanted him to be proud of me, and have a dad that is not a slacker and a "could-have-been". It was a true learning experience for me, and forced me out of an arificial happy-go-lucky approach to things. Results do matter sometimes. Especially when you have your back against the wall.

The only way to make a living by philosophy in Oslo is getting an A on the thesis. If you don't you can forget about taking a PhD or having anything to say with this education that cost me a fucking fortune.

I am just very, very satisfied. Sorry if I boast.

It will pass by tomorrow.

h

Congratulations! It sounds as if you managed to have some fun mixed with all of the work that went into this.

Was this the final requirement for your Masters?

Charlie

Undaoist to put emphasis on getting a good grade? Nonsense, "If you're goinna play the game boy, you got to learn to play it right". By taoist Kenny Rogers.

Michael

The only way to make a living by philosophy in Oslo is getting an A on the thesis. If you don't you can forget about taking a PhD or having anything to say with this education that cost me a fucking fortune.

I am just very, very satisfied. Sorry if I boast.

It will pass by tomorrow.

Pass by tommorow! Many you should be gloating about this until your final breath. And if it gets stale just keep embellishing in tiny increments so even you don't notice until by the time you are 120 years old (thanks to Taoist practices) you will have defeated both god and demon to earn this grade. :D

Congrats man. That's cool you worked Kabbalah in there also.

Sean

Maybe not quite as cool as your ski footage or your haircut, but still very cool.

I'm glad you nailed the landing!

-Yoda

Pass by tommorow! Many you should be gloating about this until your final breath. And if it gets stale just keep embellishing in tiny increments so even you don't notice until by the time you are 120 years old (thanks to Taoist practices) you will have defeated both god and demon to earn this grade. :D

Congrats man. That's cool you worked Kabbalah in there also.

Sean

Thanks Sean,

I thing your trust in my longevity is unfounded, as I feel 10 years older the last 6 months. Stress and no sleep does the trick.

Yoda: I agree, but the big hair is gone now, since I need to conform to the grooming standards when applying for jobs. Sigh!

h

Sign in to follow this