exorcist_1699

Mosquito vs Qi

I used to post some ideas here talking about something big and hollow, for example,advise people to muddle with emptiness, which make me look like some kind of fool; so, this time , I would like to talk about something small but real : mosquitoes .

Capable of living in the wilderness alone can be somehow important because there can be a time we are forced to escape from political turbulences , wars or economic depression ,which make living in a big city not possible, and go into forest or mountain ; however, most of us just can't deal with it when such a challenge comes.

Instead of thinking of coming across a bear or puma on mountain, the first threat I think of is the attacks from mosquitoes .The persistent mosquitoes makes our living in the wilderness for a relatively longer time something unbearable . In fact, ordinary people's wei-qi ( protective qi ) , an invisible shield-like energy on our body, is too weak to keep off mosquitoes . Although our head is a place mosquitoes unlikely to attack due to its concentration of qi and blood , our forelimbs , an area more distant from our dantian, are likely attacked for their weaker flow of qi.

Based on personal experiences, I find Taoist qigong capable of driving off the mosquitoes due to its capacity to strengthen our body's qi on a whole,maybe the extra heat emitting... .And, likely qi also can drive off other insects. Of course, if it can drive off insects , it means other living organisms , say bacteria or virus , can also be got rid of. Able qi-gong practioners are , in fact,free of skin diseases and insect bites. Any similar experiences ?

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

Mosquito's see in the infrared wavelengths. So extra heat from qi gong would only bring more mosquitoes to you because they can see you better.

I used to post some ideas here talking about something big and hollow, for example,advise people to muddle with emptiness, which make me look like some kind of fool; so, this time , I would like to talk about something small but real : mosquitoes .

Capable of living in the wilderness alone can be somehow important because there can be a time we are forced to escape from political turbulences , wars or economic depression ,which make living in a big city not possible, and go into forest or mountain ; however, most of us just can't deal with it when such a challenge comes.

Instead of thinking of coming across a bear or puma on mountain, the first threat I think of is the attacks from mosquitoes .The persistent mosquitoes makes our living in the wilderness for a relatively longer time something unbearable . In fact, ordinary people's wei-qi ( protective qi ) , an invisible shield-like energy on our body, is too weak to keep off mosquitoes . Although our head is a place mosquitoes unlikely to attack due to its concentration of qi and blood , our forelimbs , an area more distant from our dantian, , are likely be attacked for their weaker flow of qi.

Based on personal experiences, I find Taoist qigong capable of driving off the mosquitoes due to its capacity to strengthen our body's qi on a whole,maybe the extra heat emitting... .And, likely qi also can drive off other insects. Of course, if it can drive off insects , it means other living organisms , say bacteria or virus , can also be got rid of. Able qi-gong practioners are , in fact,free of skin diseases and insect bites. Any similar experiences ?

nice post, but i like all of your posts and topics.

i think mosquito kill more people in africa than all the big cats, snakes, hippos,

etc combined. i respond to this thread becoz i have lived in the wilderness in a small group and alone. i have done so in the forest(my favorite), the desert, and

in florida.

i have encountered black bears and found them very non aggressive, once there was even a small cub close by. only once i have ever caught a glimpse of a panther.

i feel fortunate not to have been challenged by it. any animal has a survival instinct

and ability to fight. (as the shaolin observed)

i do agree that the good qigong player can drive off mosquito and also another bloodsucker pest found in the forest, the tick.

my main defense has been herbal concoctions.(simple ones also found in the forest)

i have seen both tick and mosquito land on me just to fall right off before they could bite. this year i have made many trips into the forest, without herbs, and still not one bug bite. (KNOCKS ON WOOD :P )

• Like 1

Just eat one raw clove of garlic and mosquitos will not bother you for up to several hours. This might be where the garlic/vampires thing came from.

It burns pretty bad though, like eating a concentrated onion.

my main defense has been herbal concoctions.(simple ones also found in the forest)

What's the formula?

what is it worth?! :lol:

I bid 30 Ba-jillion dollars!!! And that is to keep the formula secret!

I don't want it to get out and bother the poor little blood suckers.

I have a theory that mosquitos and bugs intentionally "bug" you to get on your nerves so that your blood will rise and then they can BITE ya.

Just like people

So, when we stay cool and calm, our blood does not rise to the skin and the bugs will be not be so quick to bite us.

This seems to be the case when I'm with people who are annoyed by the bugs - they are the ones the bugs pay attention to.

If you stay cool and even see the bugs as "relations" (extended family, a la First Nations) then they tend to be less of a nuisance and even seem to be cooperative when you direct them elsewhere. This doesn't always work though.

Oh yeah, and mosquitos love bananas/potassium, so stay away from bananas..

I bid 30 Ba-jillion dollars!!! And that is to keep the formula secret!

I don't want it to get out and bother the poor little blood suckers.

Ok let me check 1 Ba-jillion is equal to .00064 USD. carry the zero, call the central bank for the extra funds...call in a couple favors on the street. Naw forget it! I'm staying in the desert away from those blood suckers.

Hi exsorcist,

I saw photos of Buddhist hermit when I was in Sri Lanka.Someone found him meditating ,sitting still on the rock deep in the jungle for many days .And he was covered in mosquitos,leeches,flies.Covered.

One thing I dont do is leeches,mosquitos are tolerable .Leeches make me scream very loud.Maybe I should take up qigong again.

I even had to deal with the scorpios (crawling on the walls in the middle of the night)of my meditation hut.

First night I didnt sleep,second night I spend meditating and switching on the light every 30 min ,to see if there is any scorpios nearby.Third night I thought:sod this,I cant be bothered anymore and went to sleep as normal.They never bit me in 5 days we shared the accomodation very closley.I think it was luck rather then anything else.

It is as worthwile thinking about attacks of bears and pumas too (they too are very real and can be scary)if they live in the forest too .Ensuring to be aware how to react in case of encounter.

What do you mean able qigong practicioners are free of skin diseases,any skin diseases?Or?Just courious about that... :)

Edited by suninmyeyes

Just eat one raw clove of garlic and mosquitos will not bother you for up to several hours. This might be where the garlic/vampires thing came from.

It burns pretty bad though, like eating a concentrated onion

I used to do this...really good for you. It also keeps the human emotional-vampires away.

Anyway about mosquitos...just construct a thing in the woods. It's easy to find scrap wood, make some plaster type stuff, put a screen where you can enter and exit.

Or wear longsleeves and pants during practice.

I have had some annoying levels of success. When I sit and just do a hold the ball meditation till the chi has saturated my whole body and is radiating out at least several inches from my skin, then mozzies do not bother me. Unfortunately that level of chi abundance is not my normal state, so to maintain it I have to walk around and move really slowly, speak really mindfully and avoid intellectual conversations and so on. Boring! lol. Normally it disapates within 10 mins then the little beggars are biting again.

• Like 2

Naw forget it! I'm staying in the desert away from those blood suckers.

they are there too, also sand flies which have painful bites.

And, likely qi also can drive off other insects. Of course, if it can drive off insects , it means other living organisms , say bacteria or virus , can also be got rid of. Able qi-gong practioners are , in fact,free of skin diseases and insect bites. Any similar experiences ?

I noticed that some attract them as some do not, perhaps it was due to sugar in the diet or vitamin b levels. they might bite the qigongists but because of their enhanced energy the wound heals quicker and the pathogens isolated and eliminated faster.

mosquito solutions? they sell mosquito tents of different sizes which are just meshes in a tent frame with zippers for access. long-sleeves and pants, socks, gloves, head net that looks like a bee keepers or balaclava with glasses. I tried many creams and sprays and they did nothing but toxicity for me. some said vitamin B complex helps.

I am a bit sensitive so I rely on physical protection with clothing or mesh tent otherwise I keep shooing them away with a shirt or brushing my body with hands which is tiresome and not continuous.

perhaps the colder and higher you get the less mosquitoes there are.

Just eat one raw clove of garlic and mosquitoes will not bother you for up to several hours. This might be where the garlic/vampires thing came from.

thanks, will try that.

Oh yeah, and mosquitoes love bananas/potassium, so stay away from bananas..

thanks, didn't know that.

Edited by Desert Eagle

Mosquitoes are a wonderful example of the Tao. What better to bring down the advancement (destruction, you pick)of the arrogance of humans. Mosquitoes pose a much greater threat upon my life than an attacker, yet I don't think about it that that much. We can move to a "safe" part of the world, only to be killed by a lowly mosquito. Remember the Panama canal? Vietnam War?

If mosquitos are threatening my health or my families health, I will use anything in my power to escape the threat. After that, I will use what I have learned and avoid a similar threat. If we kill all the mosquitos, how many birds, fish and bats would die?

Most folks I know will kill a spider on site, but I know a single spider can eat a hundred mosquitoes, and after they move on, their webs will kill hundreds more. They need no master to teach them to build a web. It is the mosquito's nature to drink our blood. It is the spider's nature to trap them and eat them.

Be friends with the spider. They have saved more lives than doctors.

Hi exsorcist,

I saw photos of Buddhist hermit when I was in Sri Lanka.Someone found him meditating ,sitting still on the rock deep in the jungle for many days .And he was covered in mosquitos,leeches,flies.Covered.....

What do you mean able qigong practicioners are free of skin diseases,any skin diseases?Or?Just courious about that... :)

Hi, Suninmyeyes,

1) Not all meditations can initialize qi, or care about initializing qi; however,if some of them do, then it definitely will strengthen that invisible shield , which is always there safeguarding us, and make use of it to fight off insects and diseases ; the point is , without Taoist qi-gong practice, the one that ordinary people possess is only strong enough to withstand a cold , for example, not strong enough to drive off mosquitoes.

2)Even if we have been bitten by some poisonous insect/snake/scorpio , by initializing qi, we still can drive the toxic out of our body before it makes damages to our organs . In that case, likely the poisonous substance will be driven to the surface and appear as some kind of red spot ,wart or ulcer on our skin,can be quite a lot full of our body ,yet by scratching or squeezing them and release a little blood, the toxic can leave us. The farther we drive these symptoms to the ends of our body , ie, arm, wrist and fingers (definitely should not be towards our head or face) ,the safer we become .Of course, I can't test all the insect/animal bites, but the curing mechanism works the same way .

3) High quality qi can free us from skin diseases, the principle involved is same as its capable of helping us fighting off wrinkles , dark spots, withered color...( ie, common aging symptoms )under our skin . Test it yourself and you find it work .

Edited by exorcist_1699

3) High quality qi can free us from skin diseases, the principle involved is same as its capable of helping us fighting off wrinkles , dark spots, withered color...( ie, common aging symptoms )under our skin . Test it yourself and you find it work .

Am I misunderstanding you or you are talking of long term cure for any skin disease including ones that stem from genetical disorders(for which I dont feel principal you have mentioned is the same)?Becouse the level of chi in that case (from personal expirience) must be very high and constant(here we encounter the problem..)and very fundamental ,deeply rooted patterns at the core of my being would need to be changed forever.

Anyways in case of not misunderstanding I would love to hear of this not being uncommon with certain types of qigong practise .

What is initialising qi?I am going to google it now.

Am I misunderstanding you or you are talking of long term cure for any skin disease including ones that stem from genetical disorders(for which I dont feel principal you have mentioned is the same)?Becouse the level of chi in that case (from personal expirience) must be very high and constant(here we encounter the problem..)and very fundamental ,deeply rooted patterns at the core of my being would need to be changed forever....

In fact, I view aging ,like ringworm or tinea, as some kind of disease, not necessarily be anything fatal ; Of course, aging is the result of the deterioration of the health of our organs, those symptoms : wrinkles, black dots... that appearing on skin, are only the expressions of it .

However, from Taoist viewpoint ,it is only the weakening of our qi and jing that makes such a status arise; and, just like the weakened wei-qi (the protective shield )makes the bacteria stay in the intervals of our toes possible, conversely our capability of retaining jing and qi will enable us to stop and reverse the process of aging .

The idea that some mechanism/substance in our gene , at some poin of our life ,abruptly starts a process of aging ,pointing to a direction that dooms us, ie , death , is an idea sounds strange to Taoism .

Edited by exorcist_1699

In fact, I view aging ,like ringworm or tinea, as some kind of disease, not anything necessarily be fatal ; Of course, aging is a result of our deteriorating organs, those symptoms : wrinkles, black dots... that appearing on skin, are only the expressions of it .

However, from Taoist viewpoint ,it is only the weakening of our qi and jing that make such a status arise; and, just like the weakened wei-qi (the protective shield )makes the bacteria stay in the intervals of our foot toes possible, so ,capable of retaining our jing and qi does enable us to stop aging .Similarly,by strengthening our wei-qi , then even some part our body is always in damp status, we can prevent bacteria from staying on us.

The idea that some mechanism/substance in our gene , at some time,suddenly start a process of aging ,and definitely pointing to a direction doomed : death , such an idea,sounds strange to Taoism .

I am not sure wherther I am understanding you right due to the terminology that was used...Thanks for answering though.sun

1) Not all meditations can initialize qi, or care about initializing qi; however,if some of them do, then it definitely will strengthen that invisible shield, which is always there safeguarding us, and make use of it to fight off insects and diseases ; the point is, without Taoist qi-gong practice, the one that ordinary people possess is only strong enough to withstand a cool, for example, not strong enough to drive off mosquitoes.

Hi exorcist. Always interesting. :) In your experience, what level of internal qigong would a person have to reach to be able to repel mosquitoes? Having opened the small heavenly circulation or having opened the large heavenly circulation, or something else?

Edited by The Way Is Virtue

Hi exorcist. Always interesting. :) In your experience, what level of internal qigong would a person have to reach to be able to repel mosquitoes? Having opened the small heavenly circulation or having opened the large heavenly circulation, or something else?

In order to fight off mosquitoes, what we need is just the strengthening of our wei-qi , so there is no need to attain too high a qi-gong level; I think , it likely be somewhere before our success in doing the micro-cosmic circulation .

There will be some phenomena appearing which tell you that your wei-qi is becoming quite strong :

1) Despite the upheavals of the weather, temperature changes rapidly in a short period of time, you still do not catch a cold easily. Even you get it, one or two sneeze ( it is qi's driving off the cold ) can make you back to normal .

2) Even at some vulnerable places of your body : toes, inner side of your thigh.. you hardly get any skin diseases . Even if you get them, after your paying attention to those places, by introducing some qi to there,for example, the symptoms disappear quickly in few hours.

3) When you unintentionally move your hands or body around, you sense an invisible shield wrapped around you, somewhat similar to your walking in the water, but a little softer than that feeling of resistance..

With some of the above phenomena, likely mosquitoes start to stay away from you... Of course, other people may get their own experiences, which I would like to hear.

Edited by exorcist_1699

In order to fight off mosquitoes, what is needed is just the strengthening of our wei-qi , so there is no need to attain too high a qi-gong level; I think , it likely be somewhere before our success in doing the micro-cosmic circulation .

There will be some phenomena appearing which tell you that your wei-qi is becoming quite strong :

1) Despite the upheavals of the weather, temperature changes rapidly in a short period of time, you still do not catch a cold easily. Even you get it, one or two sneeze ( it is qi's driving off the cold ) can make you back to normal .

2) Even at some vulnerable places of your body : toes, inner side of your thigh.. you hardly get any skin diseases . Even if you get them, after your paying attention to those places, by introducing some qi to there,for example, the symptoms disappear quickly.

3) When you unintentionally move your hands or body around, you sense an invisible shield wrapped around you, something similar to your walking in the water, but a little softer than that feeling of resistance..

With some of the above phenomena, likely mosquitoes start to stay away from you... Of course, other people may get their own experiences, which I would like to hear.

Interesting. Thanks exorcist.

I was sitting with a friend outdoors. I noticed no mosquitoes bit her, and I had about a dozen biting me. She noticed this too and generally slipped few words about making the aura stronger and how because ones mind was wandering the mosquitoes were bringing it 'back'. It's been a year since and I notice lesser mosquitoes bite me esp. when I sit with people who don't cultivate. Now I take mosquitoes as someone who help me bring my attention back to the body and all that.

Someone else on the forum made a comment about how building yang helps in keeping the mosquitoes at bay. This does make some kind of sense, although I can't explain the how of it.

<snip>

strengthen our body's qi on a whole, <snip> Any similar experiences ?

And for good reasons. You'll hardly ever come across any Puma and maybe you could count on your ten fingers a few bear sightings, given that we have killed a lot of our wildlife.

I wish we had done that to the mosquitoes. Hehe.

Instead of thinking of coming across a bear or puma on mountain, the first threat I think of is the attacks from mosquitoes .