ejr1069

Spiritual significance of FISH HOOK necklaces

I saw someone wearing a necklace the other day. The necklace was black leather, string or possibly rubber. The pendant was clearly a fish hook, possibly carved in jade.

Any spiritual significance to this type of pendant? I was drawn to it immediately.

I saw someone wearing a necklace the other day. The necklace was black leather, string or possibly rubber. The pendant was clearly a fish hook, possibly carved in jade.

Any spiritual significance to this type of pendant? I was drawn to it immediately.

I googled it in the past because I saw it a lot as well, it had something to do with an oceanic fishing tribe. Perhaps a symbol that one is culturally well-traveled?

:lol: Hello there ejr1069 :)

The fish hook necklace is very common within the Maori people of New Zealand, Its related to a story involving an ancestor called Maui who made a fish hook from bone & fished up the Northern Island of New Zealand - I believe these hooks are also made from Nephrite Jade for ceremonial purposes too :)

Well thats what i learned in school anyway, there may be other island peoples that wear similar necklaces too - Hope this helps :lol:

Very popular in Hawaiian culture as well. It's even the logo of a surfer flip-flop company. I have a hook sticker on my car~ Eeeeee!