Simplicity Rules

Kunlun Neigong Roundup

Hi Tao bums

I took a workshop with Max when he was in Europe two years ago. I did not have any dramatic experiences like others during the workshop. I saw a lot of people shaking wildly and went through some kind of a group psychosis and swayed a little too. After the workshop, I found out from at least three others who experienced nothing dramatic during the workshop except for some tremors. I did practice Kunlun 1 and Red Phoenix for five months but nothing happened but for some shaking legs. Eventually, I stopped.

After reading some positive reviews on this forum, I have a renewed interest in giving it another shot. Some question for long term practitioners.

1. Are there Tao Bums here who have practiced Kunlun Neigong for more than at least an year?

2. Have you received concrete benefits - like noticeable healing, bliss, energetic openings etc.?

3. Is there anyone who practices Kunlun as their main system i.e. nothing else, no other qigong or cultivation method but mainly Kunlun?

4. has anyone achieved the Golden Dragon Body or anything close to it through Kunlun?

5. Also, are there people here who tried Kunlun and gave up for some reason? It would be interesting to know why?

No hateful comments please :) Thank you.

Edited by Simplicity Rules

No offense towards others' presentations, but I'm finding Sifu Matsuo's presentation (he calls it "Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong" here and here) to be more rooted and broad spectrum step-by-step. There's no wild flailing about; in fact there is caution not to. More specific instruction about what should be felt between the hands, how that feeling interacts in practice, and not to separate them beyond that feeling. And it's shown as part of an array of very similar practices, not just the 1 or 2. Totally changed my outlook on the practices.

• Like 3

I learned yi gong from the kunlun book, but it is definitely my mainstay practice.

I never went to a seminar with Max, nor will I ever. I only practice the yi gong.

In that respect though, it's been very powerful for me, and I've moved into deeper and deeper awareness about conciousness, connection with self, and just in general developed a ton of awareness. Like that the thoughts are just a by product of the emotion, let go of the emotion, and the questions and issues clear. That all suffering is by choice. To be more present at all times. That knowledge is great, but doesn't matter so much as your connection to your self, like it's just something to placate your self so you feel comfy in doing what your about to, wisdom being the key, etc etc. And when I hold it my eyes naturally look to that inner spot in the mind or whatever... the pineal gland I guess.

Like all those things the meditators talk about I've come to through the practice of it.

It seems like vipasssana super powered.

Regardless, if I'm hurting emotionally, or hung up about stuff emotionally, I practice and it clears up.

I like it a lot.

John

• Like 2

I learned yi gong from the kunlun book, but it is definitely my mainstay practice.

I never went to a seminar with Max, nor will I ever. I only practice the yi gong.

In that respect though, it's been very powerful for me, and I've moved into deeper and deeper awareness about conciousness, connection with self, and just in general developed a ton of awareness. Like that the thoughts are just a by product of the emotion, let go of the emotion, and the questions and issues clear. That all suffering is by choice. To be more present at all times. That knowledge is great, but doesn't matter so much as your connection to your self, like it's just something to placate your self so you feel comfy in doing what your about to, wisdom being the key, etc etc. And when I hold it my eyes naturally look to that inner spot in the mind or whatever... the pineal gland I guess.

Like all those things the meditators talk about I've come to through the practice of it.

It seems like vipasssana super powered.

Regardless, if I'm hurting emotionally, or hung up about stuff emotionally, I practice and it clears up.

I like it a lot.

John

Very inspiring post John. Thanks for sharing your experience.

No offense towards others' presentations, but I'm finding Sifu Matsuo's presentation (he calls it "Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong" here and here) to be more rooted and broad spectrum step-by-step. There's no wild flailing about; in fact there is caution not to. More specific instruction about what should be felt between the hands, how that feeling interacts in practice, and not to separate them beyond that feeling. And it's shown as part of an array of very similar practices, not just the 1 or 2. Totally changed my outlook on the practices.

Thanks Trunk. I am still slowly pondering through the Magnetic Qigong DVD. I also placed an order for the Bagua DVD, but I dont think it will reach me anywhere before a month :D

I also like the details provided in the video, which speaks to be of being "more aware" rather than "letting go" - some reason that resonates with me better.

• Like 3

John,

That was a very heartfelt post. Thank you for sharing that. An old friend at Kenneth Folk's forum described it the same way, which peaked my interest. He described the practice as leading to a state of relaxed and open awareness much easily than other Tantrayana and Sutrayana practices he had gone through.

1. Are there Tao Bums here who have practiced Kunlun Neigong for more than at least an year?

Me, although I've been on a break for about 6 months now, and just restarting practices again.

2. Have you received concrete benefits - like noticeable healing, bliss, energetic openings etc.?

Energetic openings for sure, leading to minor abilities, which are simply natural expressions of consciousness.

Healing occurs primarily with exercise, in my opinion.

Bliss comes and goes. I prefer breathing to cultivate positive feelings, as well as reflecting on or doing good things.

3. Is there anyone who practices Kunlun as their main system i.e. nothing else, no other qigong or cultivation method but mainly Kunlun?

Yup this is definitely me, but I also like kuji-in hand postures sometimes. I like to explore other systems, too.

4. has anyone achieved the Golden Dragon Body or anything close to it through Kunlun?

We have to know exactly what it is, what the signs are, and what it would be like, before we know that we've achieved it. And once you achieve it, what then?

5. Also, are there people here who tried Kunlun and gave up for some reason? It would be interesting to know why?

Ha, well I gave it up a couple of times. Once, when I was practicing the kunlun practice (kunlun level one in the book) intensely for like 7 months, and started getting detox-like symptoms. For one thing, I wasn't exercising, having a healthy diet or drinking enough water. Another thing is that I didn't know cold showers would be useful.

Then just like 6 months ago I had to give it up, due to experimenting and practicing the methods in a dangerous way, and having a 'qigong psychosis' type thing happen.

No offense towards others' presentations, but I'm finding Sifu Matsuo's presentation (he calls it "Kwan Yin Magnetic Qigong" here and here) to be more rooted and broad spectrum step-by-step.

That's a decent practice, it seems. Got the DVD a while back...

There's no wild flailing about; in fact there is caution not to.

How I was taught the kunlun practice, there isn't flailing about. We were instructed to maintain a very small circling from the waist, and to aim for stillness rather than motion. In other words, it wasn't taught (at least to me) as a spontaneous body movement practice...like it was at the seminars. We were also taught to do it cross legged once the leg channels were more open, so there isn't the shaking happening which contributes quite a bit to other movements. A few other details make it different as well...

One thing is that I was taught to only practice it until I felt something...not for an hour or whatever like the book says. A while back when the kunlun forum was open, Max said something to the effect of: "our art is like making tea, if you steep it too long it becomes bitter". Feel a little of something, then let the results go!

Sifu Jenny teaches it as spontaneous movement, and her DVD is really well done.

To be clear: hers is called yigong, and Max's is called the kunlun practice. Levels 2 and 3 aren't included in Kunlun Nei Gung anymore, since other practices achieve those things.

Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks, I am back to my old self completely now (formerly known as Scotty). It was actually a great learning experience...which I wouldn't wish on anyone. :)

• Like 1