Sign in to follow this  
ralis

Current Climate Change Report

Just read this and I am not feeling good about it!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/may/29/carbon-emissions-nuclearpower

It is not going to improve in the short term, only get worse.

I think it is the natural consequence of technological "progress."

With our current psychological and spiritual level of maturity, I think it will need to get much worse before we make meaningful change.

Perhaps we will wake up at a global level and perhaps not.

If not, we are going to be a self limited event.

Thank goodness the Democrats are now in power, huh?

(And don't misunderstand me, I'm certainly not a Republican, just disappointed... but not surprised).

Germany has invested a lot of money recently into solar power.

And Spain is actually ahead of the US in solar power production.

It is not going to improve in the short term, only get worse.

The world is sacred.It can't be improved. If you tamper with it, you'll ruin it. If you treat it like an object, you'll lose it.

The world is sacred.It can't be improved. If you tamper with it, you'll ruin it. If you treat it like an object, you'll lose it.

If we do nothing, then who fixes this mess? Exactly, what do you base your assumption on?

If we do nothing, then who fixes this mess? Exactly, what do you base your assumption on?

Who fixes this mess? An a what bases do you judge the current situation as a mess? Was the evolution of bacteria producing oxygen which ultimately caused Earth to freeze 2.4 billion years ago (Great Oxygenation Event) a mess also?

Who fixes this mess? An a what bases do you judge the current situation as a mess? Was the evolution of bacteria producing oxygen which ultimately caused Earth to freeze 2.4 billion years ago (Great Oxygenation Event) a mess also?

The point is that the present climate change problem is caused by pollution from carbon emissions. Humans are the cause and all the reputable scientific research substantiates that.

Humans are the cause and all the reputable scientific research substantiates that.

Humans driven by there instincts or bacteria driven by there instincts does not make a difference to me. They are both manifesting unconscious behavior. And even if this behavior will mean there own demise they will continue it.

Edited by StoneHead

Humans driven by there instincts or bacteria driven by there instincts does not make a difference to me. They are both manifesting unconscious behavior.

StoneHead and ralis....

Interesting thoughts on both sides.

Because of mankind's inability to do anything where there is no

immediate profit to be made, I fear we have become the arbiters

of our own future catastrophe in the making.

If, rather than the focus being what is the profit to be made

in the given circumstance, if it was... what is the appropriate

thing to do to solve our problems?(with no other considerations

necessary) maybe then we as a world people could actually do

what is constructively needed.

Because of our parasitical nature... it is of a very low percentage

that anything will be done before laying waste to this beautiful planet.

The point is that the present climate change problem is caused by pollution from carbon emissions. Humans are the cause and all the reputable scientific research substantiates that.

B) that's a pretty bold statement, hoss. Only the most indoctrinated keep parroting that and trying to find ways to keep CO2 relevant. Most people that believe that crap dont even know what absorption spectra are relevant to :rolleyes: And if you understand that little bit, the house of cards is shown to be just that.

But let's keep science out of this, there's a CO2 religion to follow. :lol:

Spain...I lol'd.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this