SeekingSilence

Gao Baguazhang

Hello everyone,

I just reintroduced myself last night and spent a couple of hours reading through just a small portion of the backlog that I've missed over the last four years. During that perusal of the boards, I found some mention of a distance learning program in Gao Baguazhang, and several members mentioned having taken up the practice through the Ze Zhong School (as seen here: http://www.gaobagua.net/lobby/). I sent several people (sean and Prince...) messages to ask about their experiences with this school but thought that it would be good to put a public thread too if there are other students of this school.

As I mentioned in my intro. thread, I've done plenty of reading (and a tiny bit of practice) over the years, but most everything has been dabbling. I'd really like to settle down a bit and focus on one system if possible. My goals are to work primarily on the internal arts, healing, etc. Some martial applications would be a plus too. Originally, I asked about yiquan, but baguazhang wouldn't be a bad option either. So, does anyone else have any experience with this school?

Finally, is anyone familiar with any similar distance programs with which they are familiar? I realise that it is probably difficult to learn any system well at a distance, but it seems like a slight upgrade to simply reading a book. Any suggestions or recommendations? I stumbled on an online silat program at some point, but my preference is for the Chinese arts if and when they are available.

Thanks again! I look forward to learning more from everyone here.

Seeking Silence

Thanks again! I look forward to learning more from everyone here.

Seeking Silence

The forum: rumsoakedfist.org - has a 'Find a Teacher' section. There are a lot of people there with serious experience in internal martial arts of various flavours. Why not ask and see if someone can recommend a teacher in your area?

Good luck in your search.

Cheers

Rob

That distance school for Gao style is associated with EmptyFlower.net. You may find more information there.