Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

What do you find to be the easy stuff?

Real simple, a large glass of luke warm water, first thing in the morning.

Or putting in some apple cider vinegar?

Or genseng extract?

Or keep it simple?

Staying in bed when you wake up and..

doing ankle rotations

remembering your dream

going over your day

not waking up to an alarm

Just standing

and doing the orbit

and humming

and doing chi gung routine in head

What practices do you think gives the most bang, for least buck?

Michael

Heh, I'm sure you know all of mine already. Meditation. Prayer. Lots of water. Balancing carb, fat and protein, with an emphasis on meat and veggies and limited starch and sugar. Excercise. Yoga.

Apple Cider Vinegar is king.

~~~~

So I went to the local health food store where I've bought many an expensive, exotic concoction and it finally occured to me to ask the owner what his best sellers were and what he thought were his best products. As I suspected, I was asking the same question twice.

The answer: multivitamins, ACV, Dr. Bronners, Real Salt, and raw honey.

I'm sure the same principle applies to many aspects of life including cultivation practice.

Being vegetarian - vegan 80% raw has given me the "most bang for the buck"

although I don't consider it a practice as practice implies periods of non practice.

Others that are practices:

flossing :D

tai chi

standing

The practices with the best 'time/effort to effectiveness' ratio I've done have been the simple Donna Eden excersises. especially the 'cross-crawl' (involves walking on the spot in an exadurated manner whilst touching the knee of your rising leg with the opposite hand). And tracing figure 8's (or more like infinity signs) has a fantastic effect on all the energy systems.

There are many more very quick, very effective techniques that get you tracing meridians, tapping accu points, massaging neuro-lymphatic points etc.

Freeform, your mention of tapping reminds me of a quick routine from Golden Bell Chi Gung. You start by tapping on your breast bone, upper chest. Tap with one hand 9 times, move down a few inches, tap 9x, til you get to the solar plex. Then use both hands to tap along the lower ribs. Again 9x then move down a few inches.

When you reach the sides of the ribs, you reverse it, tapping along the line til you get back to the breast bone.

This invigorates the bodies various systems. Quick and easy. Tarzan yell optional.

Michael

Biggest bang for my buck so far has got to be the AYP practices. You start out with around 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening and it's packs a nice punch.

The practices with the best 'time/effort to effectiveness' ratio I've done have been the simple Donna Eden excersises. especially the 'cross-crawl' (involves walking on the spot in an exadurated manner whilst touching the knee of your rising leg with the opposite hand). And tracing figure 8's (or more like infinity signs) has a fantastic effect on all the energy systems.

There are many more very quick, very effective techniques that get you tracing meridians, tapping accu points, massaging neuro-lymphatic points etc.

Does she have a video? I get burnt out on reading. And also on google searching my own answers apparently. :lol:

Biggest bang for my buck so far has got to be the AYP practices. You start out with around 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening and it's packs a nice punch.

Does she have a video? I get burnt out on reading. And also on google searching my own answers apparently. :lol:

Yeah she has videos at this site. I've found the book usefull tho - lots of great reference material (has charts for all kind of meridian correspondences - teeth, muscles, lymph nodes etc). But to learn the actual practices it's probably best to go for the video. Also you get a feel for her energy (which is a treat in itself). Her stuff is probably best for the energy novice, and those that dont want to dedicate a lot of their time to practice - even so, I'm sure even the most well practiced qi gung expert will find something usefull.

Watching children play.  Yesterday I was at the beach saw some 4 and 5 year olds having a ball getting knocked over by waves.  Fun to watch and many lessons in it.  On mindfulness, happiness and mindless happiness. 

Meditation. 40 minutes a day makes the remaining 23 hours and 20 minutes a completely different experience than if I don't meditate. Exercise used to have this effect but it's not as strong anymore. Yoga is better but still doesn't compare to 40 minutes of uninterrupted silence to start my day. The only problem is that I need for it to be 30 minutes or more for it to have this effect, 20 minutes is fine but won't have that strong centering effect that permeates the whole rest of the day. I know of no other substance/drug/or activity that has the most bang for the least amount of time invested. Perhaps, being in the throes of complete love with another human in the early stages is comparable.

• Like 1

<snip>

What practices do you think gives the most bang, for least buck?

Depends very much on one's objectives, I think.

I like getting work done on me. Laying down and letting my Rolfer tug things out of me for an hour and a half once or twice a month, or getting acupuncture done, or some other form of co-created somatic experiencing. The process is effortless, very pleasant, and some pretty interesting states of mind are induced that I can knead on internally as the therapist works on the structure. The opportunity to process things in reference to another person, who's also processing your shit for you, is a great combo. Otherwise, I find taking 20-30 minutes in the middle of the day to lay down, relax all my muscles, and drift into delta helps reset any harmful momentum I've accumulated over the day... and there's always plenty in my case. I have problems... ha ha ha ha. :D

Sign in to follow this