Mal

Versaclimer

for the advertorial try http://www.versaclimber.com/index.htm :)

I've wanted one since the 90's but never enough to warrant the cost. But since I've finally experienced a downside to being overweight (back pain issues) and being overweight is now preventing me from doing what I like as well preventing my usual aerobic options for weight loss i.e. jogging. Also the last time I really got into jogging at 120kg I hurt my ankle. That was in my mid 20's and I then ballooned to 130kg before starting Tai Chi and adopting a healthier lifestyle. I could go swimming but I don't enjoy grinding out laps very often. It can be meditative, but it's just not me, I actually prefer that nice meditative zone you get into when jogging.

So I'm seriously considering a versaclimber to just grind away the 10 kg I put on while injured and then the 10kg I put on before that just being slack because it wasn't worth the effort to stay at 100kg :lol: I'd also like to get my aerobic fitness and strength back to pre-injury levels, if not more. But even without all of that rehab work I would like to use a versaclimer for short, intense, interval training (which I use to do by skipping)

I do have a weights bench I don't use anymore (although I did when I brought it many years ago for $60) as well as a cheap spin bike ~$500 and a good treadmill ~$2,000 that are my partners that are no longer used. So I'm wondering if anyone here has tried one of these before I drop $5,200 on a new coat rack :)..........but I can help but wonder if I've wanted one for 20 years for a reason :lol:

Hi Mal,

I still remember the first time I ever saw one of those: it was in that Rocky movie where he fights the Russian, Ivan Drago. I've never tried one myself, but it looks as if it would be a pretty intense workout. It's quite expensive, so it would definitely be a good idea to try it out first before investing.

I've had a similar "crush" on a pricey piece of exercise equipment for years too:

Concept2: the World's Best Rowing Machine

My road bike has been sitting on one of those indoor turbo trainers for a few years, but I haven't used it a really long time. So I'm wary that if I buy the rower, it would suffer the same fate! But I've been hearing a lot lately about the benefits of sprint interval workouts. Dr. Mercola has some videos showing his 10 minute interval workout. It was pretty intense! I might try it on my bike.

Good luck on achieving your health goals...