Sign in to follow this  
Mal

Taoist Philosophy

Many years ago when I first started reading the TTC I read as many translations as I could get my hands on. In the process I took passages that I thought were relevant and synthesized all the passages into an introduction for my own reference and use. I would like to share this with you now. I cannot give proper credit as most of that information is now gone but I can say that I relied heavily on the works of Lin Yutang and Robert Henricks.

So. To the beginning:

[pCount]=&search_app_filters[forums][pViews]=&&&content_title_only=1&search_term=Taoist+Philosophy&search_sort_by=relevence&search_filter_app[forums]=1"]Taoist Philosophy collected by Marbelhead

Those of us who have been here for a bit will know of Marbleheads long running Taoist Philosophy series, which collect various classic passages. For a while now I've wanted to create an "index" of the posts here in contributed articles so they don't just get lost in the main discussion forum. The above is my 1st attempt using our search engine. I want to present them in some sort of "order" & I'm not too sure how yet. I might re-edit the topic titles to include the number, there is only <100 posts :lol: anyhow its a work in progress....

but nothing like the work that Marblehead has done in collecting these.

I humbly thank him for sharing his collection with us 'bums.

_/\_

Hi Mal,

That is GREAT!!!

You've been doing some pretty heavy work in the background.

I think there is only one more chapter and then the conversations with Confucius which I will post separately.

Thanks for what you are doing.

hehe I quite like playing with search engines etc. I once studied database design. So thanks but the hard work was yours and the thanks go to you too

:wub:

[pCount]=&search_app_filters[forums][pViews]=&&&content_title_only=1&search_term=Taoist+Philosophy&search_sort_by=relevence&search_filter_app[forums]=1"]Taoist Philosophy collected by Marbelhead

Those of us who have been here for a bit will know of Marbleheads long running Taoist Philosophy series, which collect various classic passages. For a while now I've wanted to create an "index" of the posts here in contributed articles so they don't just get lost in the main discussion forum.

Thank You Mal!

And thank You Marblehead!

This is Greatness on Greatness!

Adeha

Sign in to follow this