Trunk

Wagging Your Tail

Okay, I'm trying it.

It seems to make me a little happier.

Do you move at all, or is it just mental and a reminder of our vestigial remains?

Ah! Some new imagery for butoh. For a more complete body workout, imagine you're taking a shower. Manitou, actually move your body for sure.

It's just something I stumbled on myself, yesterday. I don't even recall what prompted me to try it. :lol::rolleyes:

I don't directly try and move physically, but find that I get physical muscle movements around the sacrum (also sometimes further up) in response to the imagined tail wagging. Try wagging back & forth, and circular. :lol:

Fun sacrum+ exercise:

imagine that you have a tail,

wag it.

Excellent! It's something I've played with, as well, in dance and stretch. Interesting, while on one foot, to imagine a tail as counterbalance.

Nice! I've tried playing with "tails" but forgot how much fun it is. Kangaroo is great! Dragon is awesome! But so are cats, dogs, squirrels, monkeys, rats, shrimp, swallows, sharks, seahorses, whales, eagles, wolves, giraffes, man oh man...

...why oh why did they take our tail away?.. goddamn motherwaggers... :ninja:

Another nice exploration: following the tail. Letting it lead through space, or from standing to sitting. Find out how the body follows the imaginary tail.

Fun sacrum+ exercise:

wag it.

You are probably going to stir up the jing that is stored in your tailbone. Best to do exercises that are going to refine the jing afterwards, ortherwise I would avoid this practice.

What was it with yesterday and tails?

I had sacral movement and tailbone "throbbing" (for want of a better word) for a good part of the evening.

Granted, I'd been doing some gardening and lots of bending...

Anyway, isn't it nice when it frees up?

I guess I was not the only one yesterday to come to the realization of the connection of the anal sphincter and the tailbone with the dantien/kidneys/organs/sinews?

Like have sex? Or do u recommend something else?

The chinese don't refer to jing as one of the "three treasures" for nothing. Sex would only deplete the jing you stirred loose. Not recommended unless you are really proficient in sexual alchemy. You need to convert the jing to chi, and the chi to shen. There are many qigong forms that work on converting jing, but the most straight forward technique would be meditation. So wag your tail, then sit or stand.

Fun sacrum+ exercise:

wag it.

Hi Trunk,

What a funny and great idea. I want to try to see if I can incorporate "my tail" for balance during my next IMA session - sounds like worth a try to maintain balance :)

Edit: Typo

Edited by devoid

I'd be surprised if it could be used for balance (though I haven't tried it). Always felt like cnxn to the earth through the central channel always helped that. I'm just using 'the tail' for activating muscles around the sacrum. But, hey, experiment away. :)

Hi Trunk,

What a funny and great idea. I want to try to see if I can incorporate "my tail" for balance during my next IMA session - sounds like worth a try to maintain balance :)

Edit: Typo

Some where along the way I was told to visualize having a tail like a kangaroo while standing.

This is a good method to correct posture and balance.

So, yeah, re: the healthy back & forth of it. Wagging doesn't get just du, it gets left bladder channel, du, right bladder channel, du, left bladder channel, du ... (and on & on including whatever other bilateral ch's that run through there). Same if I shift it to include hui yin, there's those powerful channels just to left & right of it and to go repeatedly left ~ center ~ right ~ center ~ etc - it's very powerful and correct and creates a central ~ lateral interaction that starts something that ripples on up. Integrative, balancing.