Ya Mu

Joplin Mo

The traumatized people of Joplin could use prayer, positive thoughts, healing energy, or whatever/however you express compassion for others.

Severely damaged hospital, schools, total devastation of business and homes; nature really hit hard on this one.

My link Just one news link of hundreds

This 6 mile long swath of devastation hit yesterday.

I'm hoping this nasty group of storms will be leaving the Holiday Inn in Springfield alone.

My god, tragedies are abounding! My personal feeling is that mankind is somehow manifesting this from the inside out; it seems to align with the political state the world is in. I'm wondering if suddenly the people of the world learned to actually get along with each other, if these anomalies would stop....

I'm hoping this nasty group of storms will be leaving the Holiday Inn in Springfield alone.

My god, tragedies are abounding! My personal feeling is that mankind is somehow manifesting this from the inside out; it seems to align with the political state the world is in. I'm wondering if suddenly the people of the world learned to actually get along with each other, if these anomalies would stop....

Springfield didn't get hit.

198 mph winds. Medical records from hospital found 60 miles away. Quite a bit of the city gone. Over 100 found dead so far.

It is a reflection with a negative feedback loop. Until humanity changes...

Springfield didn't get hit.

198 mph winds. Medical records from hospital found 60 miles away. Quite a bit of the city gone. Over 100 found dead so far.

Ya Mu, do you really reckon this "increase" in "natural disasters" is a neg feedback loop? I'm not so sure. I think "natural" things happen all the time. What makes them "disasters" IMO might be because people keep getting in the way. Seems dinosaurs "got in the way" as well. I guess I make a distinction between stuff that happens because I'm in the way and stuff that happens even if I'm not in the way.

For example, building nuclear reactors in earthquake zones could be an example of "getting in the way" as could building a city in a flood valley and expecting that to somehow pre-empt any flooding.

• Like 1

Ya Mu, do you really reckon this "increase" in "natural disasters" is a neg feedback loop? ...

Yes

Oh, it is natural.

I heard the scientists say that we are experiencing an increased weather instability thanks in part to our green house gas emissions.

It's not even all that magical, the connection between the tornados and our gasoline/oil-burning lifestyle.

I heard the scientists say that we are experiencing an increased weather instability thanks in part to our green house gas emissions.

It's not even all that magical, the connection between the tornados and our gasoline/oil-burning lifestyle.

But maybe the greenhouse gas emissions is our negative feedback loop in manifestation.

But maybe the greenhouse gas emissions is our negative feedback loop in manifestation.

I don't get it. What do you mean?

I think we're emitting too many greenhouse gasses because we simply don't care about the side-effects of what we use and do. We just enjoy it in the moment without thinking of the impact later on. Am I missing something?

Someone was telling me about 2010 which corresponds to the to fire element and we saw lots of fire related damage (which still continues).

Could there be some answer in the numerology of 2011? In number 11 or in 2+1+1 = 4?

Yes - We refuse to change. And this is a reflection of our selfishness and greed.

edit:

116 confirmed dead, over 1100 injured - still trying to find out how many missing.

Help with energy, positive thoughts and calmness for these people. Or if you have money, donations.

Edited by Ya Mu

Personally, and this is just me, I see it as a larger dynamic.

We are manifesting the weather from the inside out. We are the eyes and ears of the Absolute (borrowing a phrase from Steve F.) The Dao is One. We are the Dao. We are the weather. There is no separation, only apparent separation.

Sure, the ice caps may be melting because of our demanding lifestyles. We have been warned for years that we're at the very least 'contributing' to this. This is our collective soul raping the Earth. We're at a point of no return in history as far as the Earth is concerned. It's all connected. Our greed, polar ice caps, changing weather patterns. (I'm no weather person, it's just a Seeing thing).

Perhaps the charge of the overall template is to return to the Oneness. Reversion is the action of the Dao. As disagreeable as this seems to many, I'm actually thinking we're heading to one world government where the greed is mellowed and the distribution of worldly assets, like food and shelter, is equitable for all. For those of us living in the U.S., in this country of astounding natural resources, we are so incredibly lucky. My heart hurts daily for those other "parts of me" who are living in squalor, whether on this side of the earth or the other.

The odd thing about the Dao is that once it sets into your heart, it seems to expand your heart to include and to love all of the 10,000 things.

Personally, and this is just me, I see it as a larger dynamic.

We are manifesting the weather from the inside out. We are the eyes and ears of the Absolute (borrowing a phrase from Steve F.) The Dao is One. We are the Dao. We are the weather. There is no separation, only apparent separation.

Sure, the ice caps may be melting because of our demanding lifestyles. We have been warned for years that we're at the very least 'contributing' to this. This is our collective soul raping the Earth. We're at a point of no return in history as far as the Earth is concerned. It's all connected. Our greed, polar ice caps, changing weather patterns. (I'm no weather person, it's just a Seeing thing).

I would agree with this. Although I wish I didn't agree with the part of your statement that I put in bold. I think choice is still a choice.

So far, 17 people have been rescued from the rubble of what used to be Joplin.

Please, send energy especially healing and calmness, think positive thoughts, or whatever your personal belief/talents are, including donations if you have money.

Edited by Ya Mu

I'm not Ya Mu, but the Red Cross seems to have the best organization for getting there fast and setting up well. They've been doing it for a long time and they have it down to a science. With the weather patterns changing and 'feeling' like it's going to get worse before it gets better, the Red Cross is probably going to be hopping all over the country. In fact, all over the world.

Small heartfelt charities are wonderful, but sometimes the good intention doesn't include tried and true efficiency.

Yes - We refuse to change. And this is a reflection of our selfishness and greed.

I agree with sadness.

Change is easiest from the positions of power. So for example, a CEO of a huge company is in a better position to shift energy policy than even 100 random strangers on the street. The president of a country is in a better position than a lot of others to affect change like this.

Grass roots change works well, but usually it's the last resort. When grass roots tries to oppose a systemic and cultural flaw, the results are mixed, imo.

So for example, I walk a huge amount. I specifically avoided buying a car when I easily could do so. So has this inspired anyone? Nope. Not a whit. No one gives a crap. And it's not like I wasn't open about it. I mean, sure I didn't scream or advertise, but people generally knew based on this or that conversation that I walked to work and that I generally walked a lot.

There was another guy who biked to work and he gave me enthusiastic approval. It's the choir's reaction, right? :lol: Everyone who drove just either ignored me, or they thought I was spoiled because I didn't have to commute (and in some sense, it can be a valid way of thinking too).

I felt like pissing against the wind for the most part. Well, lucky I walked because I loved walking and still love it. So I wasn't in it for political activism reasons anyway. But I can surely see that if someone tried to be politically active about it, it would get tiresome and disappointing very fast.

I think we'll change eventually, but before we do, we will suffer grievously. I am thinking half of humanity will probably have to die thanks to starvation and oil shortages. Something like that. Then we'll be like, "Ohh... maybe I should take that oil thing seriously after all." And then as a side-effect of that, maybe the weather will improve too. Or maybe not.

I wish I could say something better. I think the world is a body. And I think just like the human body the world body is not immortal. It may not die tomorrow, but one day it will die. I'm thinking let's just make the most of it while we are here. If we can make people more environment-conscious, that's great. If not, well... that's what inner cultivation is for.

Edited by goldisheavy

Much love and prayers headed Joplin's way. _/\_

Truly needed.

It is really bad there. They still have no idea how many are missing. Rubble everywhere. The bark was peeled off the trees.

I agree with sadness.

Change is easiest from the positions of power. So for example, a CEO of a huge company is in a better position to shift energy policy than even 100 random strangers on the street. The president of a country is in a better position than a lot of others to affect change like this.

Grass roots change works well, but usually it's the last resort. When grass roots tries to oppose a systemic and cultural flaw, the results are mixed, imo.

So for example, I walk a huge amount. I specifically avoided buying a car when I easily could do so. So has this inspired anyone? Nope. Not a whit. No one gives a crap. And it's not like I wasn't open about it. I mean, sure I didn't scream or advertise, but people generally knew based on this or that conversation that I walked to work and that I generally walked a lot.

There was another guy who biked to work and he gave me enthusiastic approval. It's the choir's reaction, right? :lol: Everyone who drove just either ignored me, or they thought I was spoiled because I didn't have to commute (and in some sense, it can be a valid way of thinking too).

I felt like pissing against the wind for the most part. Well, lucky I walked because I loved walking and still love it. So I wasn't in it for political activism reasons anyway. But I can surely see that if someone tried to be politically active about it, it would get tiresome and disappointing very fast.

I think we'll change eventually, but before we do, we will suffer grievously. I am thinking half of humanity will probably have to die thanks to starvation and oil shortages. Something like that. Then we'll be like, "Ohh... maybe I should take that oil thing seriously after all." And then as a side-effect of that, maybe the weather will improve too. Or maybe not.

I wish I could say something better. I think the world is a body. And I think just like the human body the world body is not immortal. It may not die tomorrow, but one day it will die. I'm thinking let's just make the most of it while we are here. If we can make people more environment-conscious, that's great. If not, well... that's what inner cultivation is for.

Agree with everything you say here. It really IS sad.

The majority of people just don't give a damn. We have attempted to inspire people to grow their own food locally. When I first moved here we did a big garden and had lots of extra. I asked a neighbor if they wanted to go pick some fresh peas for their family. All they want. The reply was "What! I have to pick them?" So I picked a bucketful and took to another neighbor. The response was "What! I have to shell them?"

Sheesh...

Heres a nice video by National Geographic talking about our changing planet and the urgent need for humanity to take action. I ike how the video leaves off with a hopeful message for our planet's future. I think one should always hold onto hope for the future is never set :)My link

They are saying over 200 missing besides the dead already found.

It was a EF5 tornado.

People are still in shock - your prayers, positive thoughts, or donations are needed.