affenbrot

John Chang Video

this is an video-sample from Ring Of Fire showing famous 'John Chang',

written about in the Magus of Java.

Inbetween he explains his way of kan and li in four seconds... :)

John Chang

Edited by affenbrot

this is an video-sample from Ring Of Fire showing famous 'John Chang',

written about in the Magus of Java.

Inbetween he explains his way of kan and li in four seconds... :)

John Chang

Thanks Affenbrot. Having read Magus of Java, I've been wanting to see this video for a while. This guy throws up many questions! It's great to see him demonstrating his electric charge on people that aren't his students - and to me this skill looked jenuine.

The setting stuff on fire trick is a little more questionable - it can be done easily by dropping sulphur (or other chemicals) into the paper, and the sweat from his hands/droping from his forehead (or a drop of water) sets it alight... I dont know if this was the case here...

so his kan and li is bringing the yin from his perineum up to his tan tien (where he must've stored up loads of yang chi) and this causes an explosion of energy?!

so his kan and li is bringing the yin from his perineum up to his tan tien (where he must've stored up loads of yang chi) and this causes an explosion of energy?!

Yeah, can somebody write up his explanation?

Thanks,

T

Yeah, can somebody write up his explanation?

Thanks,

T

as I understand it he brings down his yang from the dantian to the huiyin.

There he gathers as much yin as there is yang, then

eventually yang and yin rise together (but still separate).

Finally he squeezes the two together inside the dantian.

"If your are successful by forcing the two together, you also force them to react (...)

this is how the spark, the lighning bolt between the two is generated..."*

In the book this is described as "Level 4" and already very advanced.

:rolleyes:

affenbrot

p.s. there was a thread at shaolin wahnam forum about it that i quite liked.

a pupil of Kosta Danaos gives good insights here: wahnam neikung

* quote from Magus of Java

Edited by affenbrot

I also think that the electric discharge is genuine and the fire very very questionable, but everything is possible.

Those that read the books from Kosta Danaos, how did you like them? Did you find anything useful in them? Any practical exercises?

I also think that the electric discharge is genuine and the fire very very questionable, but everything is possible.

Those that read the books from Kosta Danaos, how did you like them? Did you find anything useful in them? Any practical exercises?

I read those books..useless in my opinion..no details.

I can back that up by saying absolutely noone from that tradition can exhibit any of these skills.

But I agree, I heard enough about the electric discharge across disciplines to be interested in it as a real phenomena. For example, Koichi Tohei does it.

T

I read those books..useless in my opinion..no details.

I can back that up by saying absolutely noone from that tradition can exhibit any of these skills.

But I agree, I heard enough about the electric discharge across disciplines to be interested in it as a real phenomena. For example, Koichi Tohei does it.

T

In terms of practicality the book (I've read the first one) is pretty useless - it's an entertaining read though. The key to differentiating whether the discharge is actual energy or just hypnosis is to see the master doing it on people that are not his students - and have not been to any of his classes etc.

I find it very hard to believe some of the tricks that this dude can do - but I also find it weird that he would go through so much trouble to come up with them, practice them and then demonstrate them to pupils that dont even pay for tuition. what's going on?

I liked the book a lot. It is full of stories, anecdotes, unusual encounters.

written very well... though the author might have polished one story or the other

into more glory I believe its content is basically no fantasy but about people, encounters,

capabilities and lineages that actually exist.

The theory given about the dantian, qi, yang and yin, about general mechanisms of

practice I found very valuable, even if it never gets into hands-on description of

the actual practice of this lineage.

I agree, and anyone who resorts to such obvious trickery as the newspaper thing is a fraud.

Edited by Buddy

I agree, and anyone who resorts to such obvious trickery as the newspaper thing is a fraud.

I think people often forget that humans have been around for millions of years. If it was possible to light something on fire like this guy, we would just take it for granted that it was possible and lots of people would do it, even kids. It's amazing how people, including myself, often suspend common sense when confronted with this stuff.

T

I think people often forget that humans have been around for millions of years. If it was possible to light something on fire like this guy, we would just take it for granted that it was possible and lots of people would do it, even kids. It's amazing how people, including myself, often suspend common sense when confronted with this stuff.

T

And yet so many people believe in a virgin birth etc.

A wise being once said " you all are looking for miracles.

You want to see with your ears, hear with your nose.

Taste with your eyes.

The true miracle is that you can see with your eyes,

hear with your ears, and speak with your tongue"

Yes! According to many sources the vajrayana and the thunder path are of the same origin. There seems to have been lots of connections between chinese and tibetan hermits on both sides of the himalayan borders. Very interesting.

Btw. Does anyone here know where I can find a torrent or place to download the full "ring of fire" program? B)

The last I read of John Chang, he felt he had received too much of the wrong kind of attention, stopped teaching and retreated into privacy.

Maybe he retreated into privacy, but kostas seems to be doing ok and have no issues promulgating him.

To paraphrase a wise teacher, if you have a lamp, would you hide it under a table? Or another..we're in the desert and I have some water..

Anyway, tell me how you understand the fire thing from an engineer's perspective. Have you tried any of it?

:)

T

The practice seems to be very dangerous. Which makes sense because the similar tantric techniques are also very dangerous. That level of breath control and internal exertion can destroy you from the inside if you are not working with a competent teacher. Not to mention starting a process that you don't know how to stop.

I'm not gonna lie. I have experimented with what little knowledge I have pieced together from the available material on both of these traditions. I thought, "Oh I'm strong and clever, I can handle it."

It got frighteningly strong very quickly. Even as a complete outsider to both of these traditions I am not willing to share exactly what I did in my foolish experimentation because I have tasted the danger and would not want to be responsible for anyone else hurting themselves.

What tantric techniques have you been exposed to? What got 'frighteningly strong'? Were you working with breathing techniques or visualization techniques? You don't have to say exactly what you did, but some generalities would be cool. I could probably extrapolate the rest on my own. Other than some odd breatholding/pressure thing, I can't imagine something doing damage...??

T

Yes! According to many sources the vajrayana and the thunder path are of the same origin.

Doesn`t vajrayana actually mean something like thunder (diamond) path?

Hi All,

Interesting discussion here. I was a student of Kostas for a few years, interesting experience that. It's all quite real.

Edited by seandenty

Hi All,

Interesting discussion here. I was a student of Kostas for a few years, interesting experience that. It's all quite real.

oh - does that mean you quit the system in whole? I would guess this build-in block

of probably not being able to reach level four was quite tough to swallow, and not very motivating?

Or you had different issues with it? have you found a practice or teacher in the meantime that makes more sense to you?

the aspect of 'realness' was the one that still fascinates me most about the magus of java.

I always wondered if the principles of the HT that basically seem quite similar to me, could be brought forth

to the same realness and physicality as in the mopai, maybe in a more gradual approach though.

Do you see a connection of these two systems - or are they just too different in your opinion?

What's your view on neikung now?

very curious, and thanks for pluggin into this topic,

affenbrot

Affenbrot, It came as a shock to learn, after several years of heavy involvement with HT, that the entire system is a complete and total money scam. I was a Healing Tao instructor for a time and worked very closely with many senior instructors.

it's very sad for me to log on here and listen to students go on about their experiences with useless practices, all the while thinking they are making progress.

Best, Sean

Now Sean. I am sure everybody here is willing to learn what the right practices are. So: If you don't mind to share...

with Smiles

Harry

Edited by sunshine

Hi All,

Who is your current teacher and/or what "system" are you looking for?

Edited by Matt

Best, Sean

i appreciate your honest straightforward post a lot. gives me some things to chew for the moment.

thanks

a.

I realize m,y message might come across as a little "rough"... which wasn't the intent...

my question was driven by pure interest & willingness to learn:

so if you can name a proper teacher, I would appreciate it

if you can share the guidelines to differentiate the good from the not so good, I would appreciate (how do you know that you haven'T entered a "false" path with "wrong" practices again?)

what was it that needed to get fixed in your body...

and sure: if you can share the steps by steps to success... that'd be great :)

Harry

Edited by sunshine