Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

How To Improve or Heal Your Immune System

How To Improve or Heal Your Immune System?

Outer level:

7-9 hours of sleep (whatever is natural to you).

Eat healthy and in moderation. Everything is OK to eat as long as pizza is not the sole food you eat and other such extremes.

Don't forget to drink water in some way.

If you're doing some kind of work that bangs up your body, then change professions, take a (extended) break from it, or moderate yourself somehow so as to get back within a reasonable amount of strain.

Some exercise and some walking or jogging or running.

Inner level:

Stress.... it's all about stress. Stress is the killer. So anything to get rid of it, to melt it away, or to transform it, such as tai chi, yoga, meditation, tantric visualizations, some types of contemplation (but some can actually increase stress, so watch out), herbs that have a calming effect, maybe even some marijuana, moderate use of alcohol (between 1 and 3 shots depending on body weight, only to the point of relaxation and the onset of the buzzed feeling and not more than that) -- all these things can help. Things like meditation and tai chi or yoga can help as daily routine. If you have a stress emergency then a shot of alcohol or some herbal tea of the right kind can be more expedient, faster, and it works best in combination with the mental approach. So you can take a shot of vodka and meditate for example. If you have an addictive personality or you believe you may be subject to addiction, then you may want to avoid alcohol or mj or even herbal remedies.

Long term stress is managed through belief management. Do you have beliefs that cause you to overly struggle against the world or against certain aspects of yourself? If the answer is yes, you may want to check them out. There are two possibilities here. One is that the struggle is necessary. In that case you just have to suck it up and bear it. Another possibility is that the struggle is not necessary, and in this case, you can attempt belief modification by critical analysis of the offending belief, investigation, deconstruction, looking at many alternative beliefs and considering the alternatives more seriously, and so on. Of course I am not telling you what's what because ultimately everything is up to you. So these guidelines are general and abstract on purpose.

Other things: aromatherapy, music, hypnosis (self-hypnosis, tapes/mp3, professional).

Finally people with a strong purpose and some kind of central love in their lives are healthier and stronger. The purpose can really be anything. Even if your purpose is to flutter around without any purpose, as long as you find this deeply meaningful and engaging, that's a fine purpose. So if you have some kind of love or passion in life, something you find meaningful and engaging, something that allows you to think that your life is not a waste of time, it will help your immune system tremendously.

So the inner side can be split into the negative and positive. On the negative side, you avoid stress, on the positive side you seek meaningful engagement. So you avoid the sticks and seek the carrots. It's that simple.

Another option that is very very difficult is to transcend the entire carrot and stick paradigm we all tend to live in. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. You can for example experience some significant and valuable measure or transcendence without the full transcendence. That's possible. If you can step beyond hope and fear entirely then your immune system will become undefined. It will be outside the realm of speculation.

Edited by goldisheavy

I have been eating a lot of candy/cookies...refined sugar..And I am wondering if this is what causing Allergies? This is my 2nd year for Allergies and last year it wasn't as bad and this it is really bad. Also before these two years, I never had Allergies?

I have been eating a lot of candy/cookies...refined sugar..And I am wondering if this is what causing Allergies? This is my 2nd year for Allergies and last year it wasn't as bad and this it is really bad. Also before these two years, I never had Allergies?

Is it centered around the nose?

I don't know what is considered a lot, but I think you know very well if you're eating too many cookies or not.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/12/23/health/webmd/main662755.shtml

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000816.htm

Some theories as to how allergies may work.

Thank you for the links!

Yes, it is centered around the nose.

It goes away and then comes back.

I have tried all kinds of medicine and while they work, the Allergies come back a few hours later.

Thank you for the links!

Yes, it is centered around the nose.

It goes away and then comes back.

I have tried all kinds of medicine and while they work, the Allergies come back a few hours later.

Do you pick your nose and/or rip out nose hair? If yes, try to stop that at least temporarily. See if your nasal allergies don't improve. Excessively stripping the nose of the mucus, and/or excessively injuring it by tearing the hair can lead to allergies. That's been my personal experience. ;)

They're increasingly finding out the 'whites' are bad and cause the real damage, ie inflammation. The whites being sugars and flour. You might try finding some substitutes for them for a while.

Also this Spring has been a bad year alergywise, sending many borderline people into sneezing and wheezing fits.

• Like 1

Both refined sugars and dairy contribute to mucus production and inflammation of sensitive tissues involved in the allergy response. If you want to shore up the immune function, eating raw foods and, at that, in smaller than normal quantities will help immensely. Even eating cooked foods is better than what you're doing, so long as you avoid refined sugars and grains, as well as dairy. Fruits and veggies are what carry the important antioxidants your body needs to repair itself. The big one everyone knows about is obviously Vitamin C, but zinc and a host of others are equally important.

I was plagued for years by a lowered immune system and tremendous allergy issues. Diet was the culprit one hundred percent. Fixed that, never had an issue again.

Good luck and let us know what you try and how it goes!

Do you pick your nose and/or rip out nose hair? If yes, try to stop that at least temporarily. See if your nasal allergies don't improve. Excessively stripping the nose of the mucus, and/or excessively injuring it by tearing the hair can lead to allergies. That's been my personal experience. ;)

I don't do that, but that is really interesting! Thank you!

I did pluck my nose hairs 6 months ago or so.

Thank You!

Both refined sugars and dairy contribute to mucus production and inflammation of sensitive tissues involved in the allergy response. If you want to shore up the immune function, eating raw foods and, at that, in smaller than normal quantities will help immensely. Even eating cooked foods is better than what you're doing, so long as you avoid refined sugars and grains, as well as dairy. Fruits and veggies are what carry the important antioxidants your body needs to repair itself. The big one everyone knows about is obviously Vitamin C, but zinc and a host of others are equally important.

I was plagued for years by a lowered immune system and tremendous allergy issues. Diet was the culprit one hundred percent. Fixed that, never had an issue again.

Good luck and let us know what you try and how it goes!

Thank you!

That makes a lot of sense.

So do you suggest Veggie/Raw diet for a while? Cut sugar completely?

You might want to look into a Netti kettle to clean out nasal passageways entirely but safely. This will also assist with breathing during meditation, and wont mess with air filtration.

For anti-oxidant and other cleansing, I recommend green tea, or jasmine green tea which is a bit easier to drink. For super antioxidant, coffee berry capsules have about 10 times more antioxidants than any other source, but they'll run about $1 each. By far the richest source.

Also, roiboos (red bush) tea is probably the best all around tea for immune boosting, and general health upkeep. For any non caffinated herbal tea, you should let it steep for 20 minutes to get the medicines out of it. This is usually overlooked. Just cover the mug with a plate to keep it hot.

Tap water attacks my sinuses and throat almost instantly, though I may have an allergy to chlorine. I've been told that if you put tap water in the fridge (don't use plastic. Wine bottles are best.) for 24 hours then the chlorine dissappears. This seems to be true as the water doesn't bother me when I do this. If you can get a reliable source of spring water then you'll also be upping your mineral content, but a lot of it is just distilled tap water.

Eating raw, or high-heat/fast-fry, is best for mineral retention, but drinking water 30-45 minutes before or after eating also washes away huge amounts of minerals since they dissolve in water. If you can't go without drinking with a meal, drink minimally, and don't guzzle cold liquids since that will seize up your stomach and keep it from absorbing nutrients.

Maca might decrease your allergies too, since it helps your whole system. You'll have to google that one for all the info... but start with a half dose for the first week or two, and take a week or two off every 6 weeks. The manganese can make you a bit aggressive so that's something to be aware of (and maybe why it was employed largely by warriors).

Exercise is also important to proper glandular function and the like. I've recently discovered my own Tai Chi inspired version of running in the park. You are welcome to practice it too if you think it will be helpful to you..

I think I will call it: Wa-King.

Very beautiful.

:closedeyes:

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 1

How To Improve or Heal Your Immune System?

Hi Leon ,

Very good increases and strengthens Immune system practice of Taoist alchemy. Also, some methods of Qigong. However, good schools very difficult to find.

Correct Taoist practices have side effects in processing sugar-glucose in our body. For example they are good helps those who are sick with diabetes- until complete recovery (we had such cases).

For the treatment of allergies - I would recommend you consult a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine, but also look for him better. Chinese medicine is a very good job with such problems.

Best Regards,

Denis

Tell me more... :)

Hi Rainbow_Vein,

we have several cases of very strong improving health of sick with diabetes , when practice the method JIUYANGSHENGONG of the Wuliupai school of Taoist alchemy. The first improvement effect appears very fast, and rises after practice every day.

Here is the describe: http://www.all-dao.com/jiuyangshengong.html

A doctor of Chinese medicine has also confirmed that it should be.

The immune system increases and strengthens because of this practice where use the mechanism of moving primordial qi:

"Where practitioners have illnesses, there is a barrier to blood flow and qi and own true-qi (chzen-qi) naturally goes there for liquidation of such barrier. As soon as passage of barrier has been restored, the channels and organs will start to function normally and the illness will disappear by itself.

As soon as the qu mechanism of movement of the previous heaven commences, the state of imbalance of the physiological functions will immediately acquire the adjustment, and after the work is completed the practitioners will feel multiple improvements of health and comfort and what has been tested by centuries-old experience..."

For super antioxidant, coffee berry capsules have about 10 times more antioxidants than any other source, but they'll run about $1 each. By far the richest source.

Great tips here, HE! :)

Another anti oxidant which offers immense benefits is the juice from Montmorency Cherries. Read it here: http://www.mi-cherries.com/anti.htm

You might want to look into a Netti kettle to clean out nasal passageways entirely but safely. This will also assist with breathing during meditation, and wont mess with air filtration.

For anti-oxidant and other cleansing, I recommend green tea, or jasmine green tea which is a bit easier to drink. For super antioxidant, coffee berry capsules have about 10 times more antioxidants than any other source, but they'll run about $1 each. By far the richest source.

Also, roiboos (red bush) tea is probably the best all around tea for immune boosting, and general health upkeep. For any non caffinated herbal tea, you should let it steep for 20 minutes to get the medicines out of it. This is usually overlooked. Just cover the mug with a plate to keep it hot.

Tap water attacks my sinuses and throat almost instantly, though I may have an allergy to chlorine. I've been told that if you put tap water in the fridge (don't use plastic. Wine bottles are best.) for 24 hours then the chlorine dissappears. This seems to be true as the water doesn't bother me when I do this. If you can get a reliable source of spring water then you'll also be upping your mineral content, but a lot of it is just distilled tap water.

Eating raw, or high-heat/fast-fry, is best for mineral retention, but drinking water 30-45 minutes before or after eating also washes away huge amounts of minerals since they dissolve in water. If you can't go without drinking with a meal, drink minimally, and don't guzzle cold liquids since that will seize up your stomach and keep it from absorbing nutrients.

Maca might decrease your allergies too, since it helps your whole system. You'll have to google that one for all the info... but start with a half dose for the first week or two, and take a week or two off every 6 weeks. The manganese can make you a bit aggressive so that's something to be aware of (and maybe why it was employed largely by warriors).

Exercise is also important to proper glandular function and the like. I've recently discovered my own Tai Chi inspired version of running in the park. You are welcome to practice it too if you think it will be helpful to you..

I think I will call it: Wa-King.

Very beautiful.

:closedeyes:

This was great!

THank you!

I only use tap water for ice, but I been reading/researching that ice is really bad for you?

This was great!

THank you!

I only use tap water for ice, but I been reading/researching that ice is really bad for you?

Drinking ice cold water gives a cold shock to the organs, harms the kidneys, dilutes the digestive fire and thus lowers the immune system. This according to Ayurvedic sources like Dr. Vasant Lad's books.

It's easy to guess that immunity could benefit from less sugar, less ice cold drinks, Qigong and rebounding. Raw food is probably not necessary but you could increase the amount of raw vs. cooked.

After a long life of improper habits it's not a quick fix to lift up your health. Persistence is the key. I liked what Goldisheavy wrote.

• Like 1

Wow...this thread just goes to show how wrong I'm doing everything diet related. :lol:

I LOVE cheese, eat quite a bit of refined flours and grains, love ice cold drinks (especially iced tea) and usually drink a lot of ice cold liquid with my meals.

Hmmm...I'll bet that would be an easy place to start, though. Start drinking hot tea instead of iced...

Chlorine itself is really not that bad for you. And yes, it does dissolve into salts when mixed in water after 24 hours. The greater problem though is disinfection byproducts that form when chlorine reacts with organic substances in water. These can include some carcinogenic organic compounds. I'm not sure how much of these are typically produced or how long they may take to break down, though..

I habitually avoid ice water now too. Although I think you really only want to avoid it after your qi's been activated and moving from certain activities.

Most diet & lifestyle changes are only indirect methods, though. Although you will notice that the Standard American Lifestyle is completely the opposite for promoting health. :lol:

I think the only real way to directly boost your immune system is to open your microcosmic orbit. We could ask Rainbow_Vein if she has noticed any difference before and after she's activated hers?

I LOVE cheese, eat quite a bit of refined flours and grains, love ice cold drinks (especially iced tea) and usually drink a lot of ice cold liquid with my meals.

I don't think these things are actually problems. It's good to do what you love.

There are so many opinions out there about health, and most aren't true.

One that is true: exercise is good for you. At least personally, at times in my life when I jogged everyday for like 45 minutes, that's when I was the most healthy.

I habitually avoid ice water now too. Although I think you really only want to avoid it after your qi's been activated and moving from certain activities.

Yes, I wouldn't suggest to avoid cold drinks altogether. Pleasure is good for the immune system sometimes too. I'm pretty sure the stress of not having a nice cold glass of OJ, if you really really want one, is worse than any minor/temporary setback in nutritional absorption. Though, once you're in the habit of not drinking with meals, it's not an issue at least 75% of the time, especially if your drinking throughout the day.

Sign in to follow this