Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

32 signs of a Buddha

IMHO the dark side of Buddism is turning the Budda into a God or Godling. Doesn't that go against his essential teaching? Is that what he wanted? Is it accurrate? Should only those with well retracted genitals (#14) and blue eyes be considered Buddhas?

Michael

yes this is extrmely true, good points! there are some interesting alchemical things in this list, but Im sure its not at all close to as pure an idea the tao or the idea that we are all buddha (at least in potential)!!!!

Its almost like saying only whites can be buddha and not black people....aahhh...who came up with this crazy list?

ARE BUDDHISTS CRAZY????

I think many of them are and Buddhism is a jole. The tao accepts the first two noble truths according to Alex Anatole. But truth 3 and 4 are crazy. BLindly following the 8fold path? Blind faith.

On the other hand, it is a good philosophy creating mindfulness and easing mental afflictions.

I like the mahayana philosophy. Anyone here find out the deal with vajrayana? Like what is this part about visualizing the self making love to a consort? Thats pretty crazy stuff.

I often find the clearest descriptions of life and its problems in Buddhist philosophy.

Michael

The wisdom of Enlightenment is inherent in every one of us. It is because of the delusion under which our mind works that we fail to realize it ourselves, and that we have to seek the advice and the guidance of Enlightened ones before we can know our own Essence of Mind. You should know that so far as Buddha-nature is concerned there is no difference in an Enlightened person and an ingnorant one. What makes the difference is one realizes it, while the other is ignorant of it.

Zen Master Hui Neng

http://www.geocities.com/the_wanderling/canudoit.html

IMHO the dark side of Buddism is turning the Budda into a God or Godling. Doesn't that go against his essential teaching? Is that what he wanted? Is it accurrate? Should only those with well retracted genitals (#14) and blue eyes be considered Buddhas?

Michael

Yes Michael Buddha was against any type of organized religious movement and most of his teachings are corrupted these days.

To just rip things out of their context doesn't give a fair view. There's a point here that's not only found in buddhism. That the body undergoes transformations in advanced cultivation, isn't exactly a cultivation secret.

Taoism has plenty of it.

One of the biggest fortunes you can have in life is to have a sound, healthy body, that's not an impediment to your spiritual search, with whole, keen mental faculties so that it's possible to practice in this life.

I think many of them are and Buddhism is a jole. The tao accepts the first two noble truths according to Alex Anatole. But truth 3 and 4 are crazy. BLindly following the 8fold path? Blind faith.

On the other hand, it is a good philosophy creating mindfulness and easing mental afflictions.

We all are entitled our opinions, off course.

But could you inform me why taoism wouldn't accept the 3d noble truth? I could argue that it accepts the 4th as well.

Reading daoist scriptures, you encounter teachings on morality, on different concentration realms, but ok, not much on prajna.

And as allways, nothing to be taken on blind faith. That's the error of the individual, not buddhism, which states the importance of confirmation through personal experience.

I like the mahayana philosophy. Anyone here find out the deal with vajrayana? Like what is this part about visualizing the self making love to a consort? Thats pretty crazy stuff.

There are ample information on the net if you really want to understand Vajrayana.

To say it's about visualising consorts is to downgrade and diminish this system, like making a feather out of a hen :D

All the best!

Mandrake

Okay I digress. The 3rd and 4th noble truths have memit from a taoist perpective. I was just regurgitating what taoist Alex Anatole was saying in his book Truth of Tao. He really disses Buddhism in that book, talking about how it was like a welfare system for outcasts in India, giving them a little food, shelter and dignity...

Anyways, im cool with the Noble Truths. Anyone know is a good source for learning more about vajrayana secrets? How about the essence of yoga of naropa or dzogchen, mahamudra?

Edited by GrandTrinity

Which books are you talking about? Do they describe the methods? I have a book by lama Yeshe on Inner Fire (tummo).

If you want to study dzogchen, you have to recieve direct introduction. And for most of other tibetan stuff you supposedly require an initiation or an emporwement.

judging from experience, I would say that list is pretty accurate...

with the exception of the retracted genitals. I have all those qualities, you see, (even my arms reach below my knees,)

but I have this MASSIVE schlong that I fling everywhere, you know. I can't even wear briefs because I would have to *coil* my schlong up like a snake to get them to fit.. and that's pretty uncomfortable.

judging from experience, I would say that list is pretty accurate...

with the exception of the retracted genitals. I have all those qualities, you see, (even my arms reach below my knees,)

but I have this MASSIVE schlong that I fling everywhere, you know. I can't even wear briefs because I would have to *coil* my schlong up like a snake to get them to fit.. and that's pretty uncomfortable.

Thank god your picture shows you from the back.

If you want to study dzogchen, you have to recieve direct introduction. And for most of other tibetan stuff you supposedly require an initiation or an emporwement.

hi Pero,

in postmodern days of spiritual practice one can receive dzogchen transmission even via

webcast, and I feel this is real and meant seriously not some fancy playing around with net technology.

Namkhai Norbu is broadcasting some of his dzogchen retreats on the internet, if anybody is interested

check out tsegyalgar.org.

btw, although I slowly get used to it, I feel your avatar is still kind of extremely agressive. is that your intent?

affenbrot

Edited by affenbrot

hi Pero,

in postmodern days of spiritual practice one can receive dzogchen transmission even via

webcast, and I feel this is real and meant seriously not some fancy playing around with net technology.

Namkhai Norbu is broadcasting some of his dzogchen retreats on the internet, if anybody is interested

check out tsegyalgar.org.

btw, although I slowly get used to it, I feel your avatar is still kind of extremely agressive. is that your intent?

affenbrot

Yes, I know of Namkhai Norbu, and the webcasts, a qigong/MA teacher told me about it. There was a Guru yoga transmission recently, but I missed it by a day. :(

Will try to watch/hear the next one.

I had no intent with my avatar, it`s just a picture. Though maybe it does look agressive. Do you think I should change it?

I had no intent with my avatar, it`s just a picture. Though maybe it does look agressive. Do you think I should change it?

yes please :D

well, no actually i think your avatar is your very personal thing and none of my business

at all. I just wanted to give you my feedback on it and was a little curious if there

was some agenda behind it or not. never mind.

affenbrot

yes please :D

well, no actually i think your avatar is your very personal thing and none of my business

at all. I just wanted to give you my feedback on it and was a little curious if there

was some agenda behind it or not. never mind.

affenbrot

No agenda. But I don`t want others to be uncomfortable because of my avatar. I changed it. Will try to find a picture of me that doesn`t look aggressive. :lol:

I think you should have added a text-bubble above your head saying "DIE!!!" or something.

(now you have a how do you say... whats the sanskrit word for vagina..?) as an avatar, lol ;) )

I think you were right when you said it was just a picture.

HAS ANYONE SEEN RON JEREMY?? WHERE HAS HE GONE?? He was quite the genius there at the end... also really had me convinced about the chem-trails thing... (omg,)

I think you should have added a text-bubble above your head saying "DIE!!!" or something.

(now you have a how do you say... whats the sanskrit word for vagina..?) as an avatar, lol ;) )

lmao

Is there something wrong with vaginas? :)

lmao

Is there something wrong with vaginas? :)

no no, vagina's are a good thing =)

My dog Hector had Buddha nature. I know a grumpy black man with small ears and huge heart to have Buddha nature. I once saw a monkey on Bali that was evil incarnate, but it was a handsom beast of a monkey and looked quite noble...Neither idealized looks nor cercumstance seem to be apt ways of judging our fellow beings on this planet, if any given incarnation may be Beatific or loaded with Maya,or both! We can sometimes get to the heart of the matter and see each-others' inner spirit reaching toward Buddha-hood. But I doubt we can tell from the outer flesh and blood-( but maybe in the eyes?) who may be on a path towards enlightenment much less if they found Nervan-aH...

Anyways, im cool with the Noble Truths. Anyone know is a good source for learning more about vajrayana secrets? How about the essence of yoga of naropa or dzogchen, mahamudra?

If you areally game,theres a thorough expose on the Tibetan Vajrayana at

http://flameout.org/flameout/gurus/shadow/index.html

This will really stir some controversy about Tibetan Buddhism.Anybody here read it yet ?

Regards,Cloud :)

Edited by cloud recluse

If you areally game,theres a thorough expose on the Tibetan Vajrayana at

http://flameout.org/flameout/gurus/shadow/index.html

This will really stir some controversy about Tibetan Buddhism.Anybody here read it yet ?

Regards,Cloud :)

I scanned this document and find it interesting on many levels, but also fascinating like a snake I know to be dangerous as well. The nest of Platonists at Maverick Philosopher would love it. It is all about what was read and what the readings mean to the writer and how right the writer can be in undermining the beliefs of others by questioning the itellectual underpinnings of the subject-here Buddhist thought and practice. But there is no life experience to back it up.

I have "met" the Dalai Lama. At least he offered a blessing to me as he passed- This at St. Patrick's Cathedral in NYC some two dozen years ago. I was part of the human chain meant to keep the throng of people away from him and his entourage as they left the building. I can still close my eyes and remember the RUSH of pure compassion that took over my whole sense of being for a few moments as he held my eyes with his own gaze. There was an incredible sense of spiritual bliss and connectivity in those moments and a sort of "white light" experienced that surounded the whole scene in those moments as well. I spoke of this with others there and several had similar experiences to share at that time, while many did not...

Those that did not feel such energies did not doubt our experiences but they did not share it. (I am sure a few may have doubted what we told them happened to us but that does not undermine what was shared by many). Yet, I am sure such an exchange of energy happens everywhere that true Holy men and women contact other senscient beings.

I for one hold Plato and Nietche to have intellectual merit to get people to think, but they have little to offer in the way of transcendent spiritualism. Or constructive views of our reality for that matter. I'll take quantum mechanics over their "explainations" of the world any day...

Wayfarer,I strongly recommend you take the time to read the whole thing.I know that this could be a somewhat time consuming proposition,but I think you would find in "un-put-downable" (Im sorry,I really couldnt think of another expression :P ).I had allready read some of June Campbells experiences as Kalu Rinpoches sex partner,as well as the growing wariness that many are expressing about the Dalai Lamas political ambitions.This document contains a vast amount of info about the degenerate aspects of Tibetan Buddhism,both historical AND contemporary.

Now I dont doubt that anybody who spends most of their life in monastically concentrated esoteric yogic practice can produce some remarkable psychic effects on others,but this has NOTHING to do with Spirit,with morality,integrity ,compassion or Enlightenment.When you actually look at the viloent,woman-hating ,power-hungry history of Tibetan Buddhism,both ancient & modern,it really underscores this fact.

If we are going to extract the useful yogic aspects from this system,we cant ignore its immense failings in the human sphere.And Tibetan Vajrayana really does have some serious problems,problems that have become institutionalised into yogic dogma & technique.Theres a big differences between the Vajrayana propaganda coming out of Hollywood,and the grim realities of this patriarchal theocracy.

Its not just a case of individual human failings here.The system itself is based on some very twisted ideas that are medieval at best in their view of women ,nature & other religions (especially Islam).The whole Tibetan system is ultimately designed to produce the Shambhallah King who intitaites an apocolypse vis the Kalachakra initiation.The power source for all this is the despised Female world-energy,that must be seduced,consumed & destroyed,purified into male-Buddha energy ,redeemed of its femininity.This may not be readily evident,but its definetely there,& has real consequences for the socio-political system derived from it.

I realise that what Ive written here may strike some as deeply offensive,but I strongly urge a serious consideration of the matter.I think part of our maturing as practitioners in post-industrial culture consists of refining valid yogic technique out of cultural systems that can be viciously misogynistic.Unfortunately,such techniques are often deeply interwoven into that misogyny

This means we must be diligent & brave enough to have some of our more infantile illusions,our cravings for exotic,"perfect" Master-parent figures confronted.A particular difficult thing when that parent figure has the yogic skill to zap you with bliss-vibes,& expounds a system of considerable complexity & sophistication.

Sorry about the length of this post,but I really would encourage people here to take a long,serious look at the Vajrayana.To do so,SHADOW OF THE DALAI LAMA an excellent starting place,as it summarises pretty much all of the criticisms and gives you all the references.

Regards,Cloud.

Edited by cloud recluse

Sign in to follow this