宁

The Flyers

ok...

Every religion and thought system has been pondering with the 'unde malum' problem, that is, the origin of suffering and negativity in this world.

Allegedly, mexican shamans, through seeing, have established that human beings have been invaded, thousands of years ago, maybe even tens of thousands, by non-physical beings from the depths of this universe.

They are feeding with our awareness, and have a symbiotic relationship with us, installing in us their mind. Sounds like a faustian pact.

It is said that the first shamans have tried to work some kind of agreement with them, but it was as useless as our cows and chickens trying to come to non-violent terms with humanity.

In short, we are their food, and they raise us, in non-physical prisons, prisons of thought - most of the relligions are their creation, or at least they play an important part in their development.

Some of them are small, bat-like, others are enormous, as big as buildings.

They are out of our perception range, because the awareness needed to perceive them has already been 'munched' down - awareness is like a cape that surrounds the energy body, and they eat it by rubbing against it in their flight, or just by pounding on us... the big guys are responsible for major events such as wars revolutions marches etc.

In the mexican shamans' view, the only way to counteract them is by creating inner discipline within us.

That was understood as, quote from memory: the capacity to deal with facts and events that are not within our range of expectations. This abstract definition just about sums up most of the reason we react emotionally, scattering around our luminousity..

Other mystical systems of thought have added religious significance to them, however shamans deal with them precisely as they are, namely lifeforms of a different nature.

I was wondering if any of you had the 'oportunity' of meeting the flyers..

Makes me think of Robert Monroe's "loosh" concept. Very similar idea, Earth is like a farm where beings are harvesting some resource called "loosh" from us. Been awhile since I read him so I don't remember all of the details, but if I remember correctly Monroe's "loosh farming" wasn't necessarily a malignant thing...I think he framed it in a more positive light, like we were providing some valuable resource to the cosmos.

I dunno, I have no recollection of experiences with non-corporeal beings. Certainly none to support this concept.

Then again, I haven't necessarily experienced anything to deny it, either.

The peerless Padmasambhava subdued many such 'flyers' in his time.

Come to think of it, one of them was exorcised by the Mods here a couple of days ago. :lol:

• Like 1

ok...

Every religion and thought system has been pondering with the 'unde malum' problem, that is, the origin of suffering and negativity in this world.

Allegedly, mexican shamans, through seeing, have established that human beings have been invaded, thousands of years ago, maybe even tens of thousands, by non-physical beings from the depths of this universe.

They are feeding with our awareness, and have a symbiotic relationship with us, installing in us their mind. Sounds like a faustian pact.

It is said that the first shamans have tried to work some kind of agreement with them, but it was as useless as our cows and chickens trying to come to non-violent terms with humanity.

In short, we are their food, and they raise us, in non-physical prisons, prisons of thought - most of the relligions are their creation, or at least they play an important part in their development.

Some of them are small, bat-like, others are enormous, as big as buildings.

They are out of our perception range, because the awareness needed to perceive them has already been 'munched' down - awareness is like a cape that surrounds the energy body, and they eat it by rubbing against it in their flight, or just by pounding on us... the big guys are responsible for major events such as wars revolutions marches etc.

In the mexican shamans' view, the only way to counteract them is by creating inner discipline within us.

That was understood as, quote from memory: the capacity to deal with facts and events that are not within our range of expectations. This abstract definition just about sums up most of the reason we react emotionally, scattering around our luminousity..

Other mystical systems of thought have added religious significance to them, however shamans deal with them precisely as they are, namely lifeforms of a different nature.

I don't know. Years ago after reading a bunch of Casteneda I had a dream/night experience where something dark flew into my gut and then took "something" from it and went off with it. But I shrugged and figured whatever "it" was, they could have it if they wanted it. I tend not to think about this sort of thing too much as it fries my brain (aside from being scary). I guess I'm more concerned with human-world things. Which are complicated enough if you ask me :ninja:

I've met the "swimmers," in the Amazon. Same type of creature, but water-based. I fought with them for an eternity. The subject matter of the fight was retaining sensitivity -- what they are after is our feelings, aliveness in its all manifestations, they are numb and they make you numb with their touch, and they bite pieces out of you, pieces of perceptions, of sensitivity, their teeth and claws leave numb spots on your body, your mind, your heart, your memory, your feelings and meanings. If you don't resist, they gradually turn you into one of them -- numb all over, seeking to do this to others, hungry for sensitivity forever.

Hi Little1,

I am not sure what you are referring with this "flyers" term. But what you wrote above is for me a quite good and simple definition of spiritual work.

So of course in this perspective, I can say I meet flyers every time (quite often) I let my attention fade and my openness to non expected events/facts dull. I can feel a kind of internal collapse which may correspond to the exact moment when "flyers" hijack my brain.

As a side note,it reminds me that years ago I used to practice dowsing. I stopped because I had some strange feelings as if sometimes, "something" was entering in my body. Each time I was having some sudden loss of energy, and had the feeling my concentration was reduced. In those cases, the answers I got from the pendulum had no consistency whatsoever. It may be quite far from what you are talking about; it just popped up in my mind.

neiye

It just occurred to me that, put in taoist terms, "flyers" may be after shen while "swimmers," after jing and qi. This would explain why flyers are airborne while swimmers are water-based.

The founder of Buddhist Chod named Machig Labdron conquered water demons by completely offering her body to them as food, the demons were so touched that they agreed to serve her for the rest of her life so they were subdued and conquered. She was later recognised as one of the first Buddhist enlightened women in Tibet and in a very sceptical India. This is the method now used in Tibetan Chod to subdue demons and perform exorcisms, you completely offer your mind/body/essence as food to them without reservation.

Edited by Jetsun

Do you mean that these demons are some kind of hungry ghosts from the collective psyche energetically distributed in different elemental levels?

The founder of Buddhist Chod named Machig Labdron conquered water demons by completely offering her body to them as food, the demons were so touched that they agreed to serve her for the rest of her life so they were subdued and conquered. She was later recognised as one of the first Buddhist enlightened women in Tibet and in a very sceptical India. This is the method now used in Tibetan Chod to subdue demons and perform exorcisms, you completely offer your mind/body/essence as food to them without reservation.

Edited by neiye

Do you mean that these demons are some kind of hungry ghosts from the collective psyche energetically distributed in different elemental levels?

Within Chod there are numerous different categories of demons from psychological demons like alcoholism or fear to disembodied spirits within graveyards or spirits which cause disease and plague. You deal with them all the same way by offering yourself as food to them, so you don't fight your demons you feed them.

I find it very interesting and very disturbing, in the light of my experience.

I've met two people I know from "real life" among those swimmers. They apparently offered themselves to the demons as food without reservation. I was shocked and surprised to see them there. But later, in real life, these people cheated me out of some money. So then it made sense why I saw them there.

I find it very interesting and very disturbing, in the light of my experience.

I've met two people I know from "real life" among those swimmers. They apparently offered themselves to the demons as food without reservation. I was shocked and surprised to see them there. But later, in real life, these people cheated me out of some money. So then it made sense why I saw them there.

They key in Chod is to feed the demons but you don't feed them what they want you feed them what they really need. If you feed them what they want on the surface you may just strengthen them but feeding what they need you can sever them at the root

The book on Machig Labdron's teachings is fascinating, not just for her instruction on conquering demons but also for her incredibly detailed description of the energy channels as well as very accurate future predictions about the times were now in, she was clearly a very realised practitioner if not fully enlightened.

Edited by Jetsun

2 or 3 years ago me and my mom witnessed something. we were getting ready to go out the front door and as we opened the door,,something we could faintly see came from the back of the house and down the entrance hall to exit the door. perfect timed.

i thought it might be one of these guys but it says on this that they are not visable with the naked eyes. so idk. at the time mom said "that was weird " but she no longer

will acknowledge it. especially in front of other family.

http://www.subversiveelement.com/rods.html

it was about 3 ' long and very agile.

ok...

I like the shaman way,it is also the way of some Hindu sects and some Sufis.

I saw a real life exorcisam recently and some similar stuff and its so wierd .The vibe was like:what the f***is going on here?!-very intense(I must add not my favourite way to spend time).

In this case it seems spirits were fought with the power of the open heart which 'bleaches'out all the nastiness plus some prayers which work as missails.

And after few times hearing these people scream and reading the atmosphere this become obvious,the doubts I had dissapeared.

I also think most of us encounter them as we coexist .

Thats very interesting what you have said about Chod Jetsun,I am going to check out Machik Labdron .

Fantastic, Jetsun, thanks for this, would love to read the book.Are you referring to the one by Jerome Edou? Or if you could point me in the right direction.. I'm interested in her descriptions of energy channels most particularly.

Hi cat, the text I was reading is called "Machik's Complete Explanation" translated by Sarah Harding, although it is a bit too advanced for me it is very interesting in regard to the detail she provides about things like the death process and human development. In regards to the energy channels I had never heard them described in this way before :

"In the most concise version [description of the energy currents in the breathing process] there are two: the energy current of afflictive emotion and the energy current of timeless wisdom. In one day, there are forty-two thousand movements of wisdom energy and forty-two thousand movements of afflictive energy. So in a single day there are eighty-four thousand alternating movements of gnosis and neurosis. Similarly in the night there are also eighty-four thousand alternating movements. So in a twenty-four hour period, the energy of wisdom moved eighty-four thousand times, but there is no sensation and it is difficult to be aware of it. Since beginningless cyclical existence the wisdom energy has not developed much strength through training, so it cannot manifest in the gaps of the energy of afflictive emotion."

p.198

She goes into more detail, but to think that there are eighty-four thousand movements of wisdom energy in my body every single day and I am lucky to even become aware of one shows me how much I need to go practice.

I don't know. Years ago after reading a bunch of Casteneda I had a dream/night experience where something dark flew into my gut and then took "something" from it and went off with it. But I shrugged and figured whatever "it" was, they could have it if they wanted it. I tend not to think about this sort of thing too much as it fries my brain (aside from being scary). I guess I'm more concerned with human-world things. Which are complicated enough if you ask me :ninja:

True. It's funny that most of the mystical experiences are concerned with the human world also.

From CC i liked the idea that the Flyers could eat the awareness of almost every being in the visible and the invisible, but the other inorganic beings have the ability of seeing them, and stay away if they can. So do the other animals (beside humans).

The peerless Padmasambhava subdued many such 'flyers' in his time.

Come to think of it, one of them was exorcised by the Mods here a couple of days ago. :lol:

No amount of enlightenment can help you to 'subdue' these critters. It can help you stay away from them as it allows you to see them and beware. I am talking about another type.

I almost sound like a professionist, eh? I very much FEEL that the idea is for real. I just hope to keep this thread alive for as much as it needs, to attract the opinion of someone that has a little more awareness than us, and can tell us what they 'see'.

Up until now, the fact that most of us had little or debatable encounters with anything simmilar only goes to show our deplorable level :)

Of course this all could very much be just a bunch of hogwash, eh?