Sign in to follow this  
fizix

Your dream meditation spot

If you could choose to meditate in any location on the planet.... the meditation spot of your dreams, deepest fantasy..hehe, but let's keep it platonic :P

How about under the world's tallest tree?

1cfc0a6cb68b.jpg

This ancient sage could definitely teach a thing or two about meditation :)

edit: OR anywhere in the universe... I mean, who wouldn't want to meditate on the moon with a view like that? (hypothetically of course):Pmoonearth_580.jpg

edit2: let's spice it up...optional: how about anywhere in ANY fictional universe as well? *star wars nerd alert*: The beautiful grasslands of naboo? Naboo-cataratas.jpg or perhaps the mysterious and ancient Massassi temple site in the deep forests of Yavin IV? 2007.02_Ruta_Maya_455c.gif

Edited by fizix

Maybe a dream meditation spot is the very spot where someone wakes up suddenly and realize that life is nothing but a dream after all?!! :P:lol:

Seriously... there are plenty of places that are very conducive atmospherically for deep contemplations. Personally, since coming over to Europe, i have been captivated by the serene, palpable energy found in old chapels and ancient stone circle sites.

Hua Shan

post-42988-130583970838_thumb.jpg

I've been many times, probably my favorite place in the world. . . you should go soon, they're building another chairlift all the way to the top. Soon it'll be even more of a tourist trap :(

post-56098-130587100263_thumb.jpg

Edited by robmix

Circles! :wub:

Last week, I just learned via a documentary about Stonehenge's sister circles.

:wub: Yeah, you ought to hasten a visit soon, RV!

I lived in England for 3 years - regrettably never made the effort to visit Stonehenge. There are many mystical sites here in Ireland as well. http://www.google.ie/search?q=stone+circles+of+ireland&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1278&bih=618

None as magnificent as Stonehenge though, imo.

Stonehenge is the more famous stone circle but it is closed off to the public most of the year, but less well known is the nearby stone circle of Averbury which you are free to sit in and meditate as much as you like

woolfitt-adam-avebury-stone-circle-avebury-unesco-world-heritage-site-wiltshire-england.jpg

Map.gif

346505.jpg

They somehow moved those huge stones weighing many tonnes all the way from Wales thousands of years ago :o It's quite a powerful place to visit

I have no idea why, but I would like to meditate in between the dream and waking. This blackness and senselessneas. Just your consciousness and thoughts.

To translate that into a location: deep black cold pitchdark floating soundless space. In the middle of nowhere. Away from the earth to infinity. I find that idea peaceful. It is like my own core being shines brighter in such a place.

In a lucid dream I was meditating while riding a bike and I entered this nothingness where I could hear my self thinking, continue dreaming or lying in bed. It is like witnessing the dualities, the relativness of reality. This detached mindset was powerful for me as it allowed for more emotional resilience. I could just block out all the negativity by making it conscious. Then refocus on the positive or diffrent more promising set of potentials.

Without this detached mindset, the bigger sub conscious picture is not seen and the infinite potential of each moment just flows by like river, where it continues to form an endless waterfall, without you ever noticing this from happening.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this