Stigweard

The Alchemy of Taijiquan

Nice, Stigweard.

I also highly recommend hand-balancing, which of course, changes the entire dynamic of upper and lower.

Hmm Stiggy,

Full Soong is complete lost of the Form of You Wei, it will introduce the

Wu Wei of Gun. Gun is in Soong, flexsteel wrapped in cotton, Qian in Kun which establish the natural we know as the Wu Wei Stance which is also one of the Wubu "Ding" or Center.

To have this the Qi have to sink in Soong so that it rise but not float.

When it float it is more like Hexagramm Pi, when it sink it is more like Hexagramm Tai, when it rise it fluctuates and change on Yin line in the upper triagramm.

Result in Great Power: Da Zhuang, Guai :decision until it reach Qian.

The Ratio works when one Qi not sink and one not archive Soong yet to have Internal Work. The Mastery lies in less cheating with Gun and Gun as Intent.

Q

Hiya Friend :D

I am very interested in what you are saying, but I want to be sure of your meaning before I comment. I understand there is a language thing, but if you could, may I ask that you expand on your comments some more please.

I would also be interested in hearing other people's perspective on what Friend has written.

Cheers

:D

Oh not seen this, thank to Rainbow Vein I get notice.

How should I expand my comment?

What I try to say with it : One need 100% Shoong to start of to learn to use "Qi instead of Li" and this is seen that people control themself with effort the "correct posture" they use "as if a string is holding up the head" as technique and such.(expierince it in the past that it is a state.). Every technique belong to Intention.

But you need the natural mode same as you heart pulse your body arcoding the situation. You have to let go completely then energy start to raise, when you do nothing you establish the natural stance

which is like this kidney-stones.jpg

You do nothing but have everthing.

Still you are in Soong you need to "Sink the Qi" which should occur when you do nothing as it is like the mud in water that sinks down when there is no big movement anymore so that "Raising of the Structure" occurs instead of "floating". Raising is different than floating that it is like water

that rise from below. Floating is that most of energy is above then below which is relocation- so one lacks energy somewhere else.

You have then in the end 100% Structure while having 100% Relaxation.

100% Yang in 100% Yin=> sound more like the famous Volt of Franz Bardon.

Tai Chi Basic.

And now adding what TempleTao wrote about Dantien..... :lol:

Q

Thank you Friend for your reply (and thanks also to Rainbow Vein ;))

Let me share the process of how I teach for I believe it is essentially the same as what you are saying.

When people first start learning Taiji they hold too much tension in their bodies and, correspondingly, they hold their "center" incorrectly (too high and too scattered). So my first task is to help them empty out this incorrect structuring, and so predominantly the first emphasis is Song, Song, Song.

I believe this corresponds to your "One need 100% Shoong to start".

As the body begins to loosen the lower body (legs, hips and core) begins to "fill up" in terms of both "intentful activity" and where the center of awareness resides. At this stage I also emphasize the principle of "floating the spine" so that correct posture is still maintained during this phase.

But then, with time and practice, the intentfullness housed in the lower body will "rise" up through the body to develop what I refer to as Quanjin, or integral strength, which is where the whole body is working in unison under the direction of pure intent. You no long have to use the technique of "floating the spine" because the natural integrity of the body keeps everything as it should be without controlled effort.

I believe this corresponds to your "Raising of the Structure."

Have I read you correctly? Please correct me if I have not.

:D

when and if i figure out how to put these cool hexagrams on here :wacko:

i have 12 i would like to present as the waxing and the waning of chien and kun

and how they also relate to specific psychic points.(taken from the I ching and

the secret of the golden flower)

some of the alchemy of taijiquan in the yang style will direct qi thru all the psychic

channels in the cycles known as the lesser and greater heavenly circulations.

at the beginning of the form when you raise your arms to shoulder height circulates the qi between li and kan, you may wish to repeat this a few times before continuing to grasp the sparrows tail which stabilizes the qi in the ldt as the right hand passes

downward alongside the body. when the qi is stabilized, both mind and breath and

concentrated in the abdomen.(fire dwells in the water place) our "cauldron" as Friend has mentioned. it diminishes water and increases energy. it is represented by hexagram 63 of the I ching, fire below the water. refines jing to qi.

the sequence Push Up, Pull Back, Press Forward, and Single Whip achieves the LHC.

when you Turn Body you begin a new process GHC, begins after Single Whip.

with Diagonal Flying and Play Guitar qi spreads thru the entire body and concentrates

along the Jen Mo.

the sequence of forms Play the Guitar, Pull Back, and Step Forward and Strike with Shoulder is the conjuction joining the LHC and the GHC.

GHC begins with White Crane Spreads its Wings. Brush Knee and Push Forward guides the qi up Tu Mo. the explanation of GHC is rather lengthy for me to describe here.

Hmm Stiggy,

Full Soong is complete lost of the Form of You Wei, it will introduce the

Wu Wei of Gun. Gun is in Soong, flexsteel wrapped in cotton, Qian in Kun which establish the natural we know as the Wu Wei Stance which is also one of the Wubu "Ding" or Center.

To have this the Qi have to sink in Soong so that it rise but not float.

When it float it is more like Hexagramm Pi, when it sink it is more like Hexagramm Tai, when it rise it fluctuates and change on Yin line in the upper triagramm.

Result in Great Power: Da Zhuang, Guai :decision until it reach Qian.

The Ratio works when one Qi not sink and one not archive Soong yet to have Internal Work. The Mastery lies in less cheating with Gun and Gun as Intent.

Q

"flex-steel wrapped in cotton" very nice to have such a thing. it is a common remark made in taijiquan and also there is a cotton fist system from northern china.

but this made me think in respect to a person's character as well. "flex-steel wrapped in cotton" :)

if one had this inner strength coupled with outer gentleness :) this would be a good achievement and the way to achievement.

consider hexagram 9. hsiao chu with nuclear trigrams li and tui.

the wind drives across heaven. the wind penetrates everywhere; this means refinement.

the lower trigram is heaven , this means essence of character.

"thus the superior man refines the outward aspect of his nature."

• Like 1

In Taijiquan the way to make this "reversal" is to "empty the heavens to fill up the earth". By this I mean that we make the deliberate effort to:

* empty all tension and completely relax the upper torso

* engage the feet, legs and hips by sinking into your foundation

* move your locus of control to the lower abdomen

The way I achieve this in my classes is to teach an extensive sequence of Fang Song Gong, exercises that demand full engagement of the lower limbs and central core whilst simultaneously being completely relaxed and empty in the upper body and limbs. Thus the principle of a rising Yang under a sinking Yin is successfully achieved and Neidan is cultivated.

These ingeniously simple yet fully engaging exercises also demand complete quietude of the mind for successful execution. The merest thought will immediately disrupt the movement and mar its fluid harmony. This learning is then woven through the Taijiquan form so that the depth of the principles contained therein can be fully excavated.

Excellently-explained insights, Stig! B)

Only within the last week have I felt able to sink my weight and tension down to my K1 Bubbling Wells...leaving a relaxed body above in its wake. This is after nearly 2 years of daily zhan zhuang/wuji!

Edited by vortex