Non

overcoming heartbreak

I know... the heart is something which must be transcended, or at least balanced. For most that might require going through heartbreak, abandonment, etc. which would lead to the clearing of blockages in the heart.

I remember drewhempel saying it's the hardest thing for a human being and that it must occur for the jing-chi-shen transmutation. It seems that it literally requires cold-heartedness.. or at laest that's what it translates to. Coolness in the heart.

Only enlightened masters are truly detached.. and yes even from the heart. That might be the hardest step...

People always put so much attention on being heart-centered etc. but do they really know what it is balanced whole heartedness?

Edited by Non

Nothing wrong with heartbreak. Its the cost of living with an open heart. It should be experienced. Like any wound, times soothes it, hope mends it.

Mass quantities of liquor and chocolate help too.

• Like 2

I know... the heart is something which must be transcended, or at least balanced. For most that might require going through heartbreak, abandonment, etc. which would lead to the clearing of blockages in the heart.

When you have a broken heart and you are ready to heal...go to a reiki master. Lie down on your back, then he/she shall touch your heart, then let out all the hate, bring the feelings that caused your broken heart out of your subconscious where you buried them and feel all the shit once more in all intensity. Then your heart/the hand of the reiki master should get HOT AS HELL when the reiki flows into your heart to heal it. Then you know it works. 1 - 2 sessions should be enough. Worked for me. :blush:

[...] it must occur for the jing-chi-shen transmutation.

It's Chi -> Jing -> Shen. :rolleyes: Should be clear after my last thread. The other schools and TCM got it wrong.

IF what you're dealing with is "heartbreak" rather than a third-chakra kind of deal...not that one is "better" than the other IME.

Where's our friend Dmatt? He's pretty good at this stuff.

Embrace it.

Feel it. Enjoy it.

It means you're human.

It you're heartbroken over an individual, wish them well. Be honest with yourself and them. If it just doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen. Wish them, and yourself, well for the next time and move on.

Don't linger.

I'm not heartbroken but i feel heartbroken all the time. Like Brad Pitt in Interview with a Vampire when Armand tells Louis that he represents the broken heart of Vampires, I feel like I represent the broken heart of the modern day Taoists.

But back to you. Heart break comes with anything that involves loving another person. Even in Opening the Dragon Gate, the Wayfarers who trained Wang Li Ping, when they had to leave him to his own devices at the end of the book, they wept and felt a sense of loss and loneliness without the young lad. It is natural to feel loss and validates that the connections created were pure and true. Having no attachment probably means not being attached to material things or things that have no relevance in the scheme of soul/light development. To experience the full spectrum of emotion and to really know it seems imperative in the grand scheme of karma, at least to me it does.

So how does a person overcome heartbreak? Friends and liquor. Hasn't changed for thousands of years. :)

• Like 3

So how does a person overcome heartbreak? Friends and liquor. Hasn't changed for thousands of years. :)

This is funny but true. I would choose beer over liquor though. Moderate drinking could also help with finding friends or bonding with them, as long as you don't get (too) pathetic :D

Dont let a good heartbreak go to waste my friend. Pains and illnesses and tragedies can all be used to springboard cultivation progress, and of the three, I think I'd prefer heartbreak due to its bittersweetness. Allow yourself to fall into that heartwrenchingness, and try to feel around it, around your heart, breath through it, and meditate through it.

As a possible strategy, try to find the place where you are feeling all the love for that person and none of the heartbreak.

Edited by de_paradise
  • Like 1

Dont let a good heartbreak go to waste my friend. Pains and illnesses and tragedies can all be used to springboard cultivation progress, and of the three, I think I'd prefer heartbreak due to its bittersweetness. Allow yourself to fall into that heartwrenchingness, and try to feel around it, around your heart, breath through it, and meditate through it.

And hopefully come out with a loving heart again, on the other side. Stronger and more loving.

God, I hope Maria is capable of doing this. What an incredible betrayal of a husband and a long time friend.

IF what you're dealing with is "heartbreak" rather than a third-chakra kind of deal...not that one is "better" than the other IME.

Where's our friend Dmatt? He's pretty good at this stuff.

Lol well I sort of thought by now my approach would have already become predictable, if you feel that heartbreak is your issue, do the heart inner smile and healing sound. If the issue is truly heart break then that should fix it. Since Non said he has no friends I believe working on his heart would do a great deal of good, for it is the system of communication, sociability, and charisma. If there was a blockage or some kind of bad energy stuck in there it would definitely make making friends difficult. At the same time if one feels bad about themselves because they don't have friends or for what ever other reason, they should also work on their lungs as the lungs deal with this kind of thing. I personally have been doing a lot of this lately and I have noticed that making friends seems to be getting easier and more natural as I do.

• Like 1