ejr1069

Is awakening always a call to service?

I've seen myself grow over the last 4 years, letting go of limiting beliefs, becoming more open minded, loving, compassionate, accepting and less judgmental. I have made an effort to do what I can for those around me all while going through a tumultuous transformation. However, no clear cut path to service, no obvious ministry, and no spiritual gifts seem to be manifesting at this point.

Possibly I simply need to be more patient? Does awakening always lead one to service?

One needs to consider very deeply before deciding to offer what one does not yet possess.

Just as there are stages of insight/awakening, there will also be followed by degrees and levels of service. One serves accordingly, always keeping one's motivation in check. To do otherwise may lead to all sorts of afflictive issues, not only for oneself, but for others too.

Start at the ground level, serve in the smallest ways. Sometimes simply sharing a smile goes a long way in reassuring another that all is well, that they are appreciated. Smiling can potentially be a tremendous act of humanity. It costs nothing, but its value is boundless... So is the ability to listen/engage by means of one's heart, fully, and without judgement. :)

• Like 5

Do what is natural for you. love without service is some crappy love. service without love is some crappy service..

take on only that which your heart feels it should handle.

• Like 1

I've seen myself grow over the last 4 years, letting go of limiting beliefs, becoming more open minded, loving, compassionate, accepting and less judgmental. I have made an effort to do what I can for those around me all while going through a tumultuous transformation. However, no clear cut path to service, no obvious ministry, and no spiritual gifts seem to be manifesting at this point.

Possibly I simply need to be more patient? Does awakening always lead one to service?

So what kind of spiritual gifts would you like, just curious.

no obvious ministry...

This is probably a good thing. Once you get bogged down in spiritual/religious authority lineages, the view becomes fuzzy.

• Like 1

One needs to consider very deeply before deciding to offer what one does not yet possess.

Just as there are stages of insight/awakening, there will also be followed by degrees and levels of service. One serves accordingly, always keeping one's motivation in check. To do otherwise may lead to all sorts of afflictive issues, not only for oneself, but for others too.

Start at the ground level, serve in the smallest ways. Sometimes simply sharing a smile goes a long way in reassuring another that all is well, that they are appreciated. Smiling can potentially be a tremendous act of humanity. It costs nothing, but its value is boundless... So is the ability to listen/engage by means of one's heart, fully, and without judgement. :)

i really like the part about a simple smile and serving in small ways. to me it is often the little things that are important in this life. :)

with the degrees and stages thing, does it really have to be so measured and calculated? i like listening WITH my heart, i dont reckon i do it fully...

but when the little heart strings get a pull or a tug i tend to react in a serving/trying to be helpful way. the best i can without considering what level i may be at. i generally trust my intuition in these matters. i dont feel i possess anything.

• Like 2

awakening is the call to service more and more women. the will of heaven is the collective will of woman.

for to serve God's will, is to serve woman. and vice versa.

Edited by Non
  • Like 1

i really like the part about a simple smile and serving in small ways. to me it is often the little things that are important in this life. :)

with the degrees and stages thing, does it really have to be so measured and calculated? i like listening WITH my heart, i dont reckon i do it fully...

but when the little heart strings get a pull or a tug i tend to react in a serving/trying to be helpful way. the best i can without considering what level i may be at. i generally trust my intuition in these matters. i dont feel i possess anything.

Each morning, the sun brightens in degrees, although, in the ultimate sense, the sun is always shining. Each evening, too, the sun sets, gradually allowing the night to gently unfold. The moon comes out to play, brightened by the fading sun. There is a harmony in nature's revelations - nothing happens without measurement, yet at the deepest level, nothing happens. Every single revelation in each moment already is, even when your heartstrings gets tugged, a natural calculative process is already effected. Its good you are able to allow for such simplicity by trusting your intuition. Some of us continually choose the frustrating path of attempting to manipulate the outcomes of nature's calculative efforts. In this there can never be contentment, although such is often proclaimed to be sought by many.

What are you waiting for? An engraved invitation? Just do it.

Life can be service.

You might have to wait though until you can turn 5 lightbulbs off at once with your energy. :lol: *teasing*

awakening is the call to service more and more women. the will of heaven is the collective will of woman.

for to serve God's will, is to serve woman. and vice versa.

that's only a theory anyway.

Just simply living and reacting to the world in a way you feel beneficial is just as effective, if not more so, than any ministry.

So what kind of spiritual gifts would you like, just curious.

Honestly, it justr doesn't matter any longer. For a while I thought that I might wish to be some sort of spiritual healer. But today, I simply want:

1. To not be depressed any more

2. To have lots of energy instead of always being tired

3. To have my head feel normal instead of tingling and numb all the time

4. To be a good dad and good husband

5. To be fully engaged in life enjoying my job, friends, anf family.

6. To be happy

• Like 2

This is probably a good thing. Once you get bogged down in spiritual/religious authority lineages, the view becomes fuzzy.

My definition of ministry is simply a calling. Not necessarily related to any religion or spiritual lineage.

What are you waiting for? An engraved invitation? Just do it.

Life can be service.

You might have to wait though until you can turn 5 lightbulbs off at once with your energy. :lol: *teasing*

I do serve in little ways nearly every day. Always have. One day I might take the neighbors trash cans up from the street for them. One night I might coach soccer practice for the kids when their coach is a no show. But it feels kind of silly that one's life would be turned upside down and to go through all that I have been through simply to do small acts of kindness. especially as I have always done these types of things.

Something still seems missing. I feel like I just need a spark. Something to come into my life that lights my fire that I am truly passionate about...

Honestly, it justr doesn't matter any longer. For a while I thought that I might wish to be some sort of spiritual healer. But today, I simply want:

6. To be happy

These sound like very worthy goals. There's a lot of service that takes place, within them.

• Like 3

6. To be happy

Hello Erj,

"Is awakening a call to service?"

If you look within your own heart, I think you'll find that the answer lies there. What I might say is that I think you desire more than what's on your list, you just need some encouragement to go further.

In the meantime love and provide for your family, and do the best you can. As long as you're doing this, then you are making the world a better place for those that love and depend on you, anything else is sheer gravy.

Aaron