Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Tatoos

I was thinking of getting tatoos. Anyone here have a spiritualy or alchemicaly signifigant tatoo?

How about this idea:

water on the heart and fire on the ming men

or an angel and devil on the shoulders

or a sun on the belly button

or???

I have a fair few tattoos and Im currently in the process of getting more now,

here is what I have,

Lower Back - I have my surname in old engish, its who I am and will never change

Left/Right Elbows - I have stars which represent direction and protection (old sailor tradition)

Left upper arm - A mans ruins sleeve, it has dice, 4 aces, devil women, swallow and spiders webs,

it basically represents all the vices which can bring a person down and it also means luck in adversity.

Right Upper Arm - I have a skull sleeve, skulls represent physical mortality and the belief in the higher

spirit, when the body dies the skeleton remains but the spirit has moved on. Basically its a reminder

that we are mortal, in latin "momento mori".

What I like about tattoos is that they last forever, they are with you for till the end, they become

part of you and remind us that we are alive. All my tattoos have meaning ,but they dont have to have meaning just enjoy them for the artwork.

how about a pre-natal pakua on your lower tan tien? and maybe one on your ming men?

or flames going down your willy? :P

I dont have any tatoos, but have been considering them - the problem I see with them is exactly what Dan loves about them. they're permanent - I'm constantly changing.

I have a sun on my right hip and a moon on my left. I'm getting a tree up the middle of my back -- the problem is I haven't figured out which tree yet. I change my mind all the time, but always end back up with the willow tree. When I've stuck with it at least 3 months without changing my mind I'll get it. and, I've got one on my shoulder that I will eventually get covered :blink:

These guys put stones and things in their bodies for protection. I've heard of similar things with tattoos, the hard part is to find someone qualified to do it. Southeast Asia is home to alot of this stuff, Vietnam and the Phillipines in particular.

Hey turtle, I love willow trees. In the breeze they're like living water falls. I also like meditating around them. I was surprised when I took some Kaishan Golden Bell Chi Kung that they specifically said not to meditate around willows!? I forget why, maybe its because they're too yin?

More advice that I do not follow.

Yours

Michael

I read somewhere that if your body has a lot of tatoos

it affects your body temperature. It becomes cooler

like a reptiles.

More like whole body tatoos.

Sign in to follow this