bodyoflight

The answer lies in the India/Nepal/Tibet Himalaya Regions afterall.. and definitely NOT in china/taiwan..

Carry on your searching step-by-step and jumping through the hoops!

I am done and going straight to the top.

Or rather..

I QUIT! I RESIGN!

*MIDDLE FINGER SALUTE TO THE INTERMEDIATE SUPERVISORS WHO HAVE ABUSED THEIR AUTHORITY GIVEN TO THEM BY THE ALMIGHTY BOSS!*

So that means we won't be seeing you around the forum anymore then, huh?

Oh well. It was nice knowing you!

• Like 1

V

I can see you already understand where I am coming from.

I have to prostate myself in front of you for continuing the good fight to save the lesser souls but alas, I am not and will never be as strong as you are.

Maybe because I have not even saved myself yet.. so how do I save others?

P.S. Don't be influenced by those around you in your search for the truth..

Even if they are your partners, marriage, business or otherwise..

ruh-roh :ninja:

Righto, this probably has to be the very worst offense (IMO/IME and I'm sticking to it) the "spiritually grandiose". The "us" vs "them" and the "holier than thou". Man, if you're *here* then get you off to somewhere else where this will not be tolerated :-) Oh wait, you're already on your way. May the road rise up beneath you mate :)

I'm only saying that, you're completely allowed to be an a44hole if you want to (liberated as such is what I mean ;-) I'm not saying that to appease anyone at all).

V

I can see you already understand where I am coming from.

I have to prostate myself in front of you for continuing the good fight to save the lesser souls but alas, I am not and will never be as strong as you are.

Maybe because I have not even saved myself yet.. so how do I save others?

P.S. Don't be influenced by those around you in your search for the truth..

Even if they are your partners, marriage, business or otherwise..

I prostrate before you as well in recognition of your passion and drive for direct experience of "truth."

I agree, I try not to be so adversely affected by my surroundings.

Thank you. :wub:

Edited by Vajrahridaya
  • Like 1

ruh-roh :ninja:

Righto, this probably has to be the very worst offense (IMO/IME and I'm sticking to it) the "spiritually grandiose". The "us" vs "them" and the "holier than thou". Man, if you're *here* then get you off to somewhere else where this will not be tolerated :-) Oh wait, you're already on your way. May the road rise up beneath you mate :)

I'm only saying that, you're completely allowed to be an a44hole if you want to (liberated as such is what I mean ;-) I'm not saying that to appease anyone at all).

Yet, there are those that are, "unholier than thou" and do actually try to bring one, "down to Earth", thinking this is what it is to be human.

To be an a$$hole would of course not be the wisest coarse of action, unless it's quite necessary as some people only hear aggression, this aggression does not have to take one away from the inner state of peace and tranquility though.

Yet, there are those that are, "unholier than thou" and do actually try to bring one, "down to Earth", thinking this is what it is to be human.

To be an a$$hole would of course not be the wisest coarse of action, unless it's quite necessary as some people only hear aggression, this aggression does not have to take one away from the inner state of peace and tranquility though.

Alright, I'll concede there's a point where this is the case (IME).

The A44holery I was referring to was the choice of a specific person who knows what that brings. NOT because he/she is attempting to "enlighten" anyone else. The latter is exactly the point I'm trying to make. You can't enlighten people. People will or will not wake up. Suggesting aggression is a choice is IMO/IME pretty darn misguided.

Edit: I've been considering this some more and I wonder if aggression might be something to keep people asleep...

Edited by -K-

Alright, I'll concede there's a point where this is the case (IME).

The A44holery I was referring to was the choice of a specific person who knows what that brings. NOT because he/she is attempting to "enlighten" anyone else. The latter is exactly the point I'm trying to make. You can't enlighten people. People will or will not wake up. Suggesting aggression is a choice is IMO/IME pretty darn misguided.

Edit: I've been considering this some more and I wonder if aggression might be something to keep people asleep...

Well, at the same time, supposedly fluoride in the water dumbs people down and decreases aggression, makes peoples minds more pliable and passive. Of course that's a good thing (not the dumbing down bit) when it comes to spiritual things, when it's a result of insight rather than chemically induced. But, when it comes to injustice? Sometimes aggression is necessary. Not that I know if Jesus existed, but there is the situation as recorded in the Bible of him tossing around tables in the market.

I've been in situations where if I wasn't aggressive with peace... and I mean, literally feeling peace, love and light, but feeling grounded in my aggressive show of personal power, I would have gotten trampled, jacked, hoodwinked, robbed, whatever. Passivity is not always the best policy.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I prostrate before you as well in recognition of your passion and drive for direct experience of "truth."

I agree, I try not to be so adversely affected by my surroundings.

Thank you. :wub:

Aren't you two being a little too self congratulatory? Is that part of the path? :lol:

Aren't you two being a little too self congratulatory? Is that part of the path? :lol:

and what's wrong with congratulating each other on our mutual realizations of the new reality which we are in?

• Like 1

and what's wrong with congratulating each other on our mutual realizations of the new reality which we are in?

Nothing at all, don't mind ralis, he's just jealous. :P

Well, at the same time, supposedly fluoride in the water dumbs people down and decreases aggression, makes peoples minds more pliable and passive. Of course that's a good thing (not the dumbing down bit) when it comes to spiritual things, when it's a result of insight rather than chemically induced. But, when it comes to injustice? Sometimes aggression is necessary. Not that I know if Jesus existed, but there is the situation as recorded in the Bible of him tossing around tables in the market.

I've been in situations where if I wasn't aggressive with peace... and I mean, literally feeling peace, love and light, but feeling grounded in my aggressive show of personal power, I would have gotten trampled, jacked, hoodwinked, robbed, whatever. Passivity is not always the best policy.

A little parable here..

"Did you ever hear the story of the Wise King?"

"Nope, but I got the feeling I’m gonna hear it."

"Well, there was this king, and he ruled over his kingdom. Right in the middle of the kingdom there was a well. That’s where everybody drank.

One night, this witch came along… and she poisoned the well.

And the next day, everybody drank from it except the king… and they all went crazy.

They got together in the street and they said… ‘We got to get rid of the king, ’cause the king is mad.’

And then that night, he went down and he drank from the well.

And the next day all the people rejoiced… because their king had regained his reason.”

Now what happens if the king refuse to drink from the well and the people now start to hammer and torture the king until he decides to drink from the well of madness?

If I were the king, I will rather kill myself than to drink from the well of madness.

Not because I believe in the truth but because I know the truth. I finally know the spiritual politics which run this new reality.

If you know the well to be poisoned, will you drink from it and be mad like the others or be tortured continuously till the end of time?

Edited by bodyoflight

When I attended Tibetan Buddhist teachings in person for the first time, I had no idea in my mind to do any prostrations. But after the teacher came in I realized quickly enough that I was the only one left standing LOL. So I thought I better do some too. But while doing them (or perhaps it was already during the first one, don't remember), I suddenly realized that I was doing prostrations not because of devotion or respect or anything like that, but because I was worried what other people would think of me for not doing any. I realized then that much more important that outer showing of supposed devotion is the state of one's mind. If you have devotion in your mind then it doesn't matter whether you prostrate or not.

I haven't prostrated to a teacher since that time, except in a dream, but that time was different.

I also tried practicing prostrations for Ngondro, but only did a couple hundred altogether. It's great that they work for others but I don't see a point in them for me. It has nothing to do with pride, it's just something I feel no connection with. I often thought that it would've been better for me to do bows from seiza position, because I practiced Aikido for a couple years and got quite used to it, so that actually holds some meaning for me, while prostrations hold none.

However unlike Ralis, I don't think that prostrations hold no value in general or that they're there for the teacher or anything like that. I do think their value depends on the person quite a bit, just like with any other practice.

edit: BTW, whatever happened to SongsOfDistantEarth? I've sent him a PM some time ago but received no reply. Is he not around anymore?

Thanks for sharing here, Pero.

Ralis holds a mistaken notion with regards to prostrations, which is the reason why i offered an alternative view for consideration. Its not a factor really if one understands and yet feels no connection with the practice anyhow, but to put forth a misguided premise that could lead others to get a wrong idea about Vajrayana, or specifically, some of the practices contained therein, is unethical, imo. I understand that he may not have been made aware of the deeper aspects and benefits of doing prostrations, which is why i tried to explain a bit on what the dynamics are in a more neutral light. Naturally, my perspectives are simply mine alone, and in no way were they expressed for the purpose of undermining Mr Ralis' integrity as a person who might know better.

(Haven't seen you post in a while - how are you keeping btw? Trust all is well with you. Have you been on retreat or something? I have no idea where Mr Songs is. He might be just taking a break... hopefully its not one that was enforced. :D )

Doesn't this kid claim to be Maitreya?

Here is a section from his site of his teachings http://paldendorje.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=3#oct8

"This mahayan or maha Ampa dharma is not only for myself but it is for the liberation of all helpless beings. I have been meditating with lot of difficulty and I have become the Guru of all dharma or the first dharma of all which is srawan dharma. Second from among the dedication dharma Bodhisattwa which means I have become the Guru to liberate all helples beings. Hundreds of Jimphen Buddha means the Maitry Buddha.Hundred Jimphen Semkoi means all the sentient beings who have the feeling of Maitry. The second form philosophy Maha Ampa dharma or mahayan yanik.

While looking at the form philosophy of the whole world from meditation philosophy point of view the instance form will be improved and changed. While changing the whole sentient beings don't be unsatisfied evil. This is the form philosophy of the whole world which keeps changing. If properly guided, if helpless sentient beings are liberated, if proper guidance for liberation and siddhi is provided for the worldly knowledge the helpless sentient beings the worldly knowledge that liberates the helpless sentient beings this is the non soul maitry knowledge which liberates and gives miraculous power.

Riddi Siddhi May all beings be happy."

Sounds like he needs a high school education to me (no pun intended)

Edited by Eviander

Thanks for sharing here, Pero.

Ralis holds a mistaken notion with regards to prostrations, which is the reason why i offered an alternative view for consideration. Its not a factor really if one understands and yet feels no connection with the practice anyhow, but to put forth a misguided premise that could lead others to get a wrong idea about Vajrayana, or specifically, some of the practices contained therein, is unethical, imo. I understand that he may not have been made aware of the deeper aspects and benefits of doing prostrations, which is why i tried to explain a bit on what the dynamics are in a more neutral light. Naturally, my perspectives are simply mine alone, and in no way were they expressed for the purpose of undermining Mr Ralis' integrity as a person who might know better.

(Haven't seen you post in a while - how are you keeping btw? Trust all is well with you. Have you been on retreat or something? I have no idea where Mr Songs is. He might be just taking a break... hopefully its not one that was enforced. :D )

Your implication that I have very little knowledge in regards to Vajrayana practice or even the deeper meaning of prostrations is erroneous. I was doing these practices in the 80's before Tibetan Buddhism became popularized. Further, I took my first Dzogchen teachings from Namkhai Norbu in 1989. I also received around 50-60 different transmissions.

Given the above, I didn't follow the herd of Westerners and shut down my critical thinking abilities as so many true believers that I know.

To me, a true spiritual path is one that benefits the world, without renouncing or escaping from it.

• Like 1

Your implication that I have very little knowledge in regards to Vajrayana practice or even the deeper meaning of prostrations is erroneous. I was doing these practices in the 80's before Tibetan Buddhism became popularized. Further, I took my first Dzogchen teachings from Namkhai Norbu in 1989. I also received around 50-60 different transmissions.

Given the above, I didn't follow the herd of Westerners and shut down my critical thinking abilities as so many true believers that I know.

To me, a true spiritual path is one that benefits the world, without renouncing or escaping from it.

Knowledge are of many different levels, Ralis. I am not doubting yours. What aroused my attention around the subject of prostrations was what you had said specifically, that doing prostrations are a sign of relinquishing one's power to (what you projected as) higher authority, in this case, the lamas sitting on thrones holding invisible lassos around the heads of everyone in the meditation hall and forcing them to kowtow (not cowtao) to their official status.

Now, if you were not well-versed in the finer points of Vajrayana practice, its acceptable to allow for erroneous info-sharing - but here's your proclamation that you are almost an adept at it, and yet there is this obvious misdirection and misinformation being put forth, so what's the deal here? Its better to be straightforward and honest by admitting that the path does not suit you, and that will be the end of story.

To quote, "To me, a true spiritual path is one that benefits the world, without renouncing or escaping from it." If you truly, truly mean this, then i deeply salute you, and acknowledge your wisdom. Perhaps the time has come for all of us to put these words into practice, wouldn't you agree?

To conclude, let me just say that there is a difference between critical thinking and simply being critical. That's all.

Good day to you, sir.

• Like 1

You must be right with all the highly socially and politically engaged Buddhists there are in the world, right?

One of the reasons why I came to Buddhism was because it's more meaningfully engaged with the issues of the world than I found Western Hindu's to be. Also with all the advances in neuroscience that has occurred through studying Buddhists meditative brain waves.

But, it's your direct experience so it must be the absolute holy grail of truth. :lol:

To conclude, let me just say that there is a difference between critical thinking and simply being critical. That's all.

Perfectly apt observation there buddy.

• Like 2

I've observed many times how even the most wonderful path that encourages critical thinking becomes dogma. And what to say of paths that are intended to be dogmatic from the start. I've also seen vultures taking advantage of the naive, taking advantage of those who are looking for a fatherly figure to guide them. I've seen scam artists praying on people's naive and misguided attraction to the secret and the hidden by selling bogus materials. In each of these cases it takes two to tango. The student is a fool and in a way deserves what they get for hankering after other people's secrets, powers and wisdom instead of developing one's own. Of course the scammer is guilty of taking advantage of the weak state of the fool as well.

In particular, I currently believe this kid in the jungle is a scam. Why so? Because anyone who truly intends to meditate in private can do so without fail, and this especially applies to someone who is nearly enlightened. So the whole story of "I just wanted to meditate for 6 years" doesn't ring true to me. If this is what the kid wanted, we wouldn't have heard of him. The fact that there is a veritable circus and profiteering going on around him demonstrates what his intentions are from the very beginning, because if he doesn't consent, he can certainly just vanish. He's no Buddha and all his meditations, if I am even going to assume they are sincere, are focused on spiritual powers and not wisdom. Not to mention every time I read statements from this kid, they sound like something an idiot with communication problems would say.

Watch out people. There are no shortcuts. All the best information is publicly available. You don't have to look in dark corners for secrets. Nor do you have to get caught up in any kind of personality cult to get some help. It's better to rely on friends who have the same aspirations as you then to rely on people you are not in position to honestly evaluate.

• Like 3

I've observed many times how even the most wonderful path that encourages critical thinking becomes dogma. And what to say of paths that are intended to be dogmatic from the start. I've also seen vultures taking advantage of the naive, taking advantage of those who are looking for a fatherly figure to guide them. I've seen scam artists praying on people's naive and misguided attraction to the secret and the hidden by selling bogus materials. In each of these cases it takes two to tango. The student is a fool and in a way deserves what they get for hankering after other people's secrets, powers and wisdom instead of developing one's own. Of course the scammer is guilty of taking advantage of the weak state of the fool as well.

In particular, I currently believe this kid in the jungle is a scam. Why so? Because anyone who truly intends to meditate in private can do so without fail, and this especially applies to someone who is nearly enlightened. So the whole story of "I just wanted to meditate for 6 years" doesn't ring true to me. If this is what the kid wanted, we wouldn't have heard of him. The fact that there is a veritable circus and profiteering going on around him demonstrates what his intentions are from the very beginning, because if he doesn't consent, he can certainly just vanish. He's no Buddha and all his meditations, if I am even going to assume they are sincere, are focused on spiritual powers and not wisdom. Not to mention every time I read statements from this kid, they sound like something an idiot with communication problems would say.

Watch out people. There are no shortcuts. All the best information is publicly available. You don't have to look in dark corners for secrets. Nor do you have to get caught up in any kind of personality cult to get some help. It's better to rely on friends who have the same aspirations as you then to rely on people you are not in position to honestly evaluate.

Nicely said

Right, so are you saying you have never seen masters who can heal people with their bare hands or master who can meditate in a pot of boiling oil?

Are you saying that all spiritual masters or gurus out there are scam artists whose only interests are financial?

This kid has not forced or threatened anyone to give donations. In fact, he has run away more than once from the masses who wanted him to help them.

But if a little money is gonna come his way, what's wrong with that? He gotta eat too right? What's wrong with taking a few dollars from people who willingly donates to support his lifestyle?

Is he living in a million dollar mansion? Is he driving Porsche sportscars or wearing swiss watches? Is he blowing any money on women, drugs and alcohol?

You know Goldilocks, this post of yours has finally confirmed my suspicions about which side you are on.

But thanks to your highly negative post, you have persuaded me now more than ever to move to the Himalaya mountains asap.

The motivations behind your posts are SHOWING very clearly.

:ninja:

PS Gold is Heavy? Why not throw away all that Gold? :lol:

Edited by bodyoflight
  • Like 1

Right, so are you saying you have never seen masters who can heal people with their bare hands or master who can meditate in a pot of boiling oil?

Healing with bare hands is something I do myself, but not instantly and not arbitrarily either. In other words, what I can do depends on many conditions. I provide an influence and it can sometimes be a powerful enough influence to help things get better, but sometimes it's not enough.

As for meditating in a pot of boiling oil, no, I haven't seen such things. That's not to say I believe such things are impossible. I just haven't seen it for one, and two, I've never really went out of my way to look for such things either. I've meditated with the pain of heat briefly, but not anything extreme like sitting in boiling oil. I've put my hand on a surface that's very hot from the summer California sun for say 10-20 seconds and contemplated the nature of pain. I've done similar things with very hot water coming out of the shower. Since I don't focus on the power aspect, I don't do these things in a persistent manner that's required to develop an impressive power. I focus on the wisdom aspect. I want to understand more than I want to control, at least at this point in time.

I'm much more interested in what I can do than in what others can or cannot do.

Are you saying that all spiritual masters or gurus out there are scam artists whose only interests are financial?

Not at all. Just keep your eyes open is what I am saying. It's very easy to get fooled especially when you have strong cravings without equally strong wisdom to protect yourself from silliness.

This kid has not forced or threatened anyone to give donations. In fact, he has run away more than once from the masses who wanted him to help them.

He did no such thing. Trust me. If he intends to disappear, he will disappear. He has plenty of influence over his own situation to be able to do that. As a matter of fact, one good way to do so, is to expose oneself as a scam artist (even if one isn't!) just to get other people to lose interest. Then go back to the city and live like everyone else on the superficially observable level. That's just one of the options.

But if a little money is gonna come his way, what's wrong with that?

Money is OK when it's earned honestly, without scamming people.

He gotta eat too right? What's wrong with taking a few dollars from people who willingly donates to support his lifestyle?

Lying about one's lifestyle is what's wrong. He's no Buddha for one. Two, the problem with money is not always so much money, but what kind of environment it facilitates. He's facilitating a tourist trap where many people are scammed without any benefit.

Is he living in a million dollar mansion? Is he driving Porsche sportscars or wearing swiss watches? Is he blowing any money on women, drugs and alcohol?

If he earned his money honestly, he can have all the hookers his peepee can handle. In this scam, you should check out what his handlers/helpers are doing.

You know Goldilocks, this post of yours has finally confirmed my suspicions about which side you are on.

But thanks to your highly negative post, you have persuaded me now more than ever to move to the Himalaya mountains asap.

The motivations behind your posts are SHOWING very clearly.

:ninja:

I'm not actually against you moving to Himalayas. I just don't want you to experience disappointment and to be ripped off. It's like I am not against you being drunk, but if you drink and drive in my presence, I will do what I can to prevent that.

PS Gold is Heavy? Why not throw away all that Gold? :lol:

That's kind of the meaning of my name. You're one of the few people who really gets it. Gold weighs us down. My name is a reminder of that.

But it's not only the physical gold that weighs us down. The spiritual gold weighs us down as well. Abilities, powers, secrets, lineages, societal position (like a form or informal ranking and association of Gurus/teachers/masters), all these things are blinding. And I am not against abilities or power, so don't get what I am saying in the wrong way please.

To be very powerful you have to be very stable within yourself. It's impossible to be stable when the slightest spiritual display gets you to change your place of residence in a very passionate manner, with huge outbursts on the forum justifying your move, while simultaneously verbally spanking everyone who isn't moving together with you.

Edited by goldisheavy

well i wish you luck on your journey. i know i cant say anything that will change your mind but just listen for a bit.

Basicaly all that i can think to say is that my heart goes out to you with compassion. and that you remind me of myself when i was youngerer. i still am young in the grand scheme of things.

Healing with bare hands is something I do myself, but not instantly and not arbitrarily either. In other words, what I can do depends on many conditions. I provide an influence and it can sometimes be a powerful enough influence to help things get better, but sometimes it's not enough.

As for meditating in a pot of boiling oil, no, I haven't seen such things. That's not to say I believe such things are impossible. I just haven't seen it for one, and two, I've never really went out of my way to look for such things either. I've meditated with the pain of heat briefly, but not anything extreme like sitting in boiling oil. I've put my hand on a surface that's very hot from the summer California sun for say 10-20 seconds and contemplated the nature of pain. I've done similar things with very hot water coming out of the shower. Since I don't focus on the power aspect, I don't do these things in a persistent manner that's required to develop an impressive power. I focus on the wisdom aspect. I want to understand more than I want to control, at least at this point in time.

I'm much more interested in what I can do than in what others can or cannot do.

I am talking about healing open wounds with bare hands as well as performing surgery on patients with bare hands.

Are you saying that there is no master on earth who can do that?

You have already shown you do not know about such masters yet you can go around implying that the Himalayas is full of scam artists?

Such arrogance!

Not at all. Just keep your eyes open is what I am saying. It's very easy to get fooled especially when you have strong cravings without equally strong wisdom to protect yourself from silliness.

Your arrogance is showing once again. How do you know what I know? How do you know what kind of wisdom and protection I possess?

Do you think that I am revealing everything about myself in just a few posts?

He did no such thing. Trust me. If he intends to disappear, he will disappear. He has plenty of influence over his own situation to be able to do that. As a matter of fact, one good way to do so, is to expose oneself as a scam artist (even if one isn't!) just to get other people to lose interest. Then go back to the city and live like everyone else on the superficially observable level. That's just one of the options.

trust you? lol.. to say that he is a scam artist when everybody can see he is not.. i.e. meditating for long periods of time w/o food and water..

only a fool would trust you i think..

Money is OK when it's earned honestly, without scamming people.

yes buddha boy is scamming a few dollars off people.. what a great sin..

Lying about one's lifestyle is what's wrong. He's no Buddha for one. Two, the problem with money is not always so much money, but what kind of environment it facilitates. He's facilitating a tourist trap where many people are scammed without any benefit.

he has never forced people to pay him.. they do it of their own accord..

If he earned his money honestly, he can have all the hookers his peepee can handle. In this scam, you should check out what his handlers/helpers are doing.

what his handlers/helpers are doing have no connection to what he is doing or what he is..

your so-called "wisdom" isn't wise enough to let you discern the true state of things..

I'm not actually against you moving to Himalayas. I just don't want you to experience disappointment and to be ripped off. It's like I am not against you being drunk, but if you drink and drive in my presence, I will do what I can to prevent that.

I think you can pretty much do nothing to prevent me from moving to the Himalayas..

Nor can anyone else on Earth prevent me from moving to the Himalayas for that matter..

That's kind of the meaning of my name. You're one of the few people who really gets it. Gold weighs us down. My name is a reminder of that.

But it's not only the physical gold that weighs us down. The spiritual gold weighs us down as well. Abilities, powers, secrets, lineages, societal position (like a form or informal ranking and association of Gurus/teachers/masters), all these things are blinding. And I am not against abilities or power, so don't get what I am saying in the wrong way please.

To be very powerful you have to be very stable within yourself. It's impossible to be stable when the slightest spiritual display gets you to change your place of residence in a very passionate manner, with huge outbursts on the forum justifying your move, while simultaneously verbally spanking everyone who isn't moving together with you.

One of the biggest "gold" that weigh us down is pride and arrogance. And you have displayed plenty of that in this forum.

I am moving to the Himalayas to conduct a siege..

Any fool who thinks he is strong enough to "influence" me in the future is very welcome to try to slug it out with me in the Himalayas..

Just a tip though.. the highest spiritual being in the universe has his home base in the himalayas..

and coincidentally, I am the spiritual son of that specific spiritual being..

do you think you or anyone else still have a flea's chance of stopping me? Can't you even feel the energy in these posts of mine?

:lol:

Edited by bodyoflight

Just a tip though.. the highest spiritual being in the universe has his home base in the himalayas..

and coincidentally, I am the spiritual son of that specific spiritual being..

do you think you or anyone else still have a flea's chance of stopping me? Can't you even feel the energy in these posts of mine?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(sorry... just could not help it)

No, the answer lies in how much you are willing to sacrifice in order to reach enlightenment..

Apparently you can't even sacrifice thetaobums.com since you keep spending your time here instead of meditating.

It will be much more interesting hearing your absolutist statements in four, five years when you return from your Himalaya-voyage. When are you leaving? Do you have the money? If not, why not work and save money instead of spending time here and distracting your self from your goals?

Mandrake