Sign in to follow this  
ShaktiMama

Notes for review on Thursday night's study group

I share these with the Bums to create discussion as I do with my students.

Something for the study group to think on before we meet on Thursday night. We may not discuss these ideas but do let them percolate.

Quotes from a scientist.

Ilya Prigogine, chemist and physicist, who won the Nobel Prize in 1997 for Chemistry. Here is a link to his Nobel Lecture for you to read.

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/1977/prigogine-lecture.pdf

A link to discussion of his theories.

http://www.danceyourlife.eu/sourcesofbiodanza/IlyaPrigogine.html

We grow in direct proportion the the amount of chaos we can sustain and dissipate.

The main character of any living system is openness.

The irreversibility of time is the mechanism that brings order out of chaos.

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity.

We are macroscopic beings rooted in the physical world.

We grow in direct proportion the the amount of chaos we can sustain and dissipate.

This quote reminded me of this video.

• Like 1

I share these with the Bums to create discussion as I do with my students.

Something for the study group to think on before we meet on Thursday night. We may not discuss these ideas but do let them percolate.

Quotes from a scientist.

Ilya Prigogine, chemist and physicist, who won the Nobel Prize in 1997 for Chemistry. Here is a link to his Nobel Lecture for you to read.

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/chemistry/laureates/1977/prigogine-lecture.pdf

A link to discussion of his theories.

http://www.danceyourlife.eu/sourcesofbiodanza/IlyaPrigogine.html

The irreversibility of time is the mechanism that brings order out of chaos.

The future is uncertain... but this uncertainty is at the very heart of human creativity.

We are macroscopic beings rooted in the physical world.

Susan. Thanks!

I've had a few rambling (as usual) ideas about this stuff.

One of them is related to the inhibition of natural growth. Another about "training" growth into intended, rather than un-intended consequences. The whys of our "explain-as-we-grow obsession."

Squaring of circles and rainbow chasing.

I've equated this in the past to a boy chasing after a butterfly because he finds her so beautiful. So beautiful that when he catches her, he has to stick pins in her and put her on display (tends to collect...) OK, so that sounded a bit morbid. Your Thursday evenings sound interesting! :)

Susan. Thanks!

I've had a few rambling (as usual) ideas about this stuff.

One of them is related to the inhibition of natural growth. Another about "training" growth into intended, rather than un-intended consequences. The whys of our "explain-as-we-grow obsession."

Squaring of circles and rainbow chasing.

I've equated this in the past to a boy chasing after a butterfly because he finds her so beautiful. So beautiful that when he catches her, he has to stick pins in her and put her on display (tends to collect...) OK, so that sounded a bit morbid. Your Thursday evenings sound interesting! :)

I discovered Prigogine in 2005 when I was studying at the University for my PhD in Nursing Informatics (another long story).

I was fascinated with how he described order coming out of chaos particularly how it applies to transpersonal psych theory and energy healing.

We talk about it a lot in our common language. For example, a healing crisis comes before health returns. What is illness but chaos in the system? This illness can be mental, physical, emotional, spiritual and more often a blend of all these components.

Healing can't come until there is a critical event in the chaos of other swirling events. Then choice comes in. We can choose to accept a breakthrough in the pattern that is unhealthy and accept an opening into healing. Or...we can choose to sit in chaos and remain ill. People who choose to sit in chaos also like to create chaos around them.

We can choose to evolve. :)

i especially like this one

yeah...me too

so if one does not have the quality of openness does that mean they are involved in a deadly system?

"People who choose to sit in chaos also like to create chaos around them."

Why?

Do you reckon they are doing this consciously? I've met some that seem to, but I'm not sure. It's hard for me to admit that a person wants to. But easy enough for me to admit to wanting all kinds of other things so I guess I have to allow them that choice as well.

"People who choose to sit in chaos also like to create chaos around them."

Why?

Do you reckon they are doing this consciously? I've met some that seem to, but I'm not sure. It's hard for me to admit that a person wants to. But easy enough for me to admit to wanting all kinds of other things so I guess I have to allow them that choice as well.

Some people's chaos is some people's tranquility. we create what we know.

Sign in to follow this