Sign in to follow this  
ralis

More Music

Amy Lee's voice is extraordinary. Very few artists can create a fusion of various styles and get a way with it. She is brilliant!

Edited by ralis

I had the good fortune to see Evanescence a few years back - great performance!

Here's something a little different, but maybe not so much.

Did you know that Rocky Gray, one of their old members, used to play in a Christian death metal band called Living Sacrifice?

Yeah...I used to be all into Christian metal back in the day.

Weird times.

Did you know that Rocky Gray, one of their old members, used to play in a Christian death metal band called Living Sacrifice?

Yeah...I used to be all into Christian metal back in the day.

Weird times.

Christian Death Metal?

Wow!

:wacko:

Christian Death Metal?

Wow!

:wacko:

My favorite is Christian Black Metal. Christian bands playing a genre of music most well known for its hyper-violent hatred of Christianity and over-the-top Satanism.

Still listen to a couple of those bands actually, the guys from Lengsel and Extol (first albums by both bands are my preference, didn't care for the later ones) are excellent musicians. Vaakevandring was interesting too.

My favorite is Christian Black Metal. Christian bands playing a genre of music most well known for its hyper-violent hatred of Christianity and over-the-top Satanism.

Still listen to a couple of those bands actually, the guys from Lengsel and Extol (first albums by both bands are my preference, didn't care for the later ones) are excellent musicians. Vaakevandring was interesting too.

Amy Lee's work to me is captivating in that she combines several musical styles so well! To combine a classical approach with metal and make it work, blows my mind! Similar approaches started back in the late 60's with the Moody Blues, Yes, King Crimson et al.

Amy Lee's work to me is captivating in that she combines several musical styles so well! To combine a classical approach with metal and make it work, blows my mind! Similar approaches started back in the late 60's with the Moody Blues, Yes, King Crimson et al.

Agreed. Actually, there are a number of metal bands that combine classical elements into their music. There happens to be a neo-classical metal genre as well, but progressive power metal bands are famous for using classical influences.

One of the best examples is probably Symphony X, if you haven't heard of them check them out. The song Evolution is a good one to start with.

And if you like female vocals, I highly recommend checking out Edenbridge (My Earth Dream and Arcana are the only albums I've heard, but I like them both.)

Edit: I'm a huge metalhead, so if these tickle your fancy and you want more, I can give you a big list of bands you'd probably dig.

Edited by Cat Pillar

Sign in to follow this