The Golden Void

Teaching and Fields of collective consciousness

Not sure you guys have mentioned this work before. Real interesting and a couple of great podcasts on "how to" work with collective fields [in which context he subscribes to/validates Rupert Sheldrakes model of morphic fields] - very original work it seems to me. He talks about the course field and the class field and the various porcesses he developed for owrking with and potentiating them [and what happened when he missed out a vital last step].

Bache has been mentioned on the forum in the context of his entheogenic studies but in his day job (wikipedia):

Christopher M. Bache has been a professor of Religious Studies at Youngstown State University for almost 30 years as well as an intermittent adjunct faculty member at the California Institute of Integral Studies. From 2000-2002 he was Director of Transformative Learning at the Institute of Noetic Sciences located outside of San Francisco. At YSU he teaches courses in Eastern religions, transpersonal psychology, consciousness research and Buddhism. His writings explore reincarnation, the philosophical implications of non-ordinary states of consciousness and the dynamics of collective consciousness within the classroom. He was awarded YSU's Distinguished Professor Award twice, once for teaching and once for research.

In a different incarnation I wrote up some material and references here which also contains the links to a 2hr talk (in two parts) he did at IONS.

Of course these fields apply to any group activity not just teaching - so not just of interest to teachers :)

Real interesting and real unique (a rare thing in itself).

Enjoy

TGV

Edited by The Golden Void

Wayne L Wang used the concept of fields in his interpretation and translation of the TTC titled "Dynamic Tao". I really enjoyed his work.

Thanks for that marblehead - he seems to have got a more up to date take on the angle that The Tao of Physics started with.

I guess in a sense these class-fields and course-fields that Bache worked with [and which exist whether one works with them or not] are kind of "latent patterns" in the unmanifest that guide the probabilities of what will manifest?

Alternatively in the many models that have kind of physical-emotional/psychic-mental planes of reality the actual class-course event takes place on the physical level of reality. However the experience and the formation of patterns over time is on the mental plane.

Anyway starts to sound weird but Bache presents a convincing case based on starting with actual experience and ending up with a model [but even then the model isnt a big deal - just a way to hang together all his practices working with the fields].

thanks again

TGV

Thanks for that marblehead - he seems to have got a more up to date take on the angle that The Tao of Physics started with.

I guess in a sense these class-fields and course-fields that Bache worked with [and which exist whether one works with them or not] are kind of "latent patterns" in the unmanifest that guide the probabilities of what will manifest?

Alternatively in the many models that have kind of physical-emotional/psychic-mental planes of reality the actual class-course event takes place on the physical level of reality. However the experience and the formation of patterns over time is on the mental plane.

Anyway starts to sound weird but Bache presents a convincing case based on starting with actual experience and ending up with a model [but even then the model isnt a big deal - just a way to hang together all his practices working with the fields].

thanks again

TGV

Yeah, Wayne's day-time jobs have been Physics based works.

It is from his work that I was able to establish my understanding of the importance of the three major aspects of Tao: Manifest, Mystery & Chi. (Scientifically, the Known Universe, Dark Matter & Dark Energy.)

All three aspects are in constant flux, appearing and disappearing, creation and destruction, etc., therefore his "Dynamic Tao". (Chi being the vehicle between Manifest and Mystery.)