Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Damn Allergies! How to get rid of them?

Damn Allergies! How do I get rid of them?

I never had allergies until I moved from a wet climate (florida) to a dry climate (colorado) which is what people tell you to do if you have em.

The ONLY thing that seems to give me the most relief is to move to non processed food with no sugar with minimal dairy, minimal grains (like one serving of bread a day if that). I try to get in a pound or two of veggies and a pound of berry type fruits a day. (I have a vitamix or otherwise I wouldn't eat so much good for you food.) I keep meat down to a couple of servings a week. Lotsa bean type stuff but I stay away from things like processed soy or whatever you get off the shelf that people say is good for you but is full of crappy ingredients. I make most of my own food. I am starting to grow my own food. using this system.

I think that strengthens my constitution which keeps down the allergy susceptibility. Right now I am suffering because i veered off for awhile from eating that way. I can go thru a half a box of tissues in the AM and rub my eyes till they are raw and puffy from the itching. The whole food diet is the only thing that really helps me. Doesn't have to be raw. Too much raw is too much yin for me.

I use a lot of nasal spray with aloe too to keep my nose from getting sore. I am miserable with it right now. I am going to check for some homeopathic remedies at the store today. I do not otherwise use any OTC or prescription treatments.

:(

s

Looking at it from a really metaphysical point of view, why do we manifest allergies?

What are they saying to us?

Do you think there's any way to get under this and imprint otherwise? An allergy may signify something about change; seasonal change. Is there fear in change? Are we holding up our arm and fending off upcoming changes? Maybe this is one possibility.

Just thinkin' beneath.....

I used to have horrible allergies, and tired everything to get rid of them. The only thing I found that worked, (and it worked well) was a homeopathic allergy mix. Not only did it relieve allergy symptoms in the here and now, but as I kept taking it, it gradually removed all allergy response. Even though I am in TCM school now, and this is kind of like rooting for the other team lol, its the only thing I found that really did the job for me.

here is the specific blend I used, but I'm sure any good blend will work.

My link

Edited by dmattwads

I used to have horrible allergies, and tired everything to get rid of them. The only thing I found that worked, (and it worked well) was a homeopathic allergy mix. Not only did it relieve allergy symptoms in the here and now, but as I kept taking it, it gradually removed all allergy response. Even though I am in TCM school now, and this is kind of like rooting for the other team lol, its the only thing I found that really did the job for me.

here is the specific blend I used, but I'm sure any good blend will work.

My link

++: sometimes homeopathic can be amazing.

I encourage you, even though you are in TCM school, to migrate to the concept of "world medicine" and not be stuck on utilizing only TCM when you start your practice. In other words, whatever works, works.

OP,

I have seen a lot of extremely positive benefits of using a neti pot.

• Like 3

++: sometimes homeopathic can be amazing.

I encourage you, even though you are in TCM school, to migrate to the concept of "world medicine" and not be stuck on utilizing only TCM when you start your practice. In other words, whatever works, works.

OP,

I have seen a lot of extremely positive benefits of using a neti pot.

yes homeopathics can be. I notice when I walk into a health store and move past a display of them I can hear them all talking their signatures in these loud whispered voices. Kinda freaky.

I just bought a blend called Outdoor Allergy by bioAllers at Whole Foods. I will let you know how it works.

The nasal spray I use ends up being a neti pot with my awkward use of it.

s

Looking at it from a really metaphysical point of view, why do we manifest allergies?

Do you think there's any way to get under this and imprint otherwise? An allergy may signify something about change; seasonal change. Is there fear in change? Are we holding up our arm and fending off upcoming changes? Maybe this is one possibility.

yes, for sure.

but i am for one just too tired to do that right now...sometimes it really is easier to just take something.

I just know that when my chi levels are higher I don't get bothered on stuff like that.

When I was in China I developed pretty severe allergies to the air there. What worked for me was Ling Zhi/Reishi/Ganoderma (all different names for the same thing) powder. It worked so well that I never got around to using a neti pot, though that would have been the next thing that I'd've tried, since I know at least one person who has had good success using one.

There are probably different patterns that manifest as allergies, and it may be that the Ling Zhi just happened to fit my pattern. I was manifesting a lot of lung symptoms, and Ling Zhi tonifies Lung Qi. Also a lot of allergies have a component of over-excitability/reactivity of the mind and Ling Zhi calms the Spirit.

Regular standing meditation cleared up some allergies that I had in my early-mid twenties.

A good source for Ling Zhi in the US is Mushroom Science.

Homeopathy might be a good place to start though, since it is so affordable/easy.

Good luck!

Edited by Todd

shakti mama, what is an allergy, from the biological/clinical standpoint?

cuz maybe the answer lies in the definition itself

When I did some dantien work + celibacy for about a week or so I hardly had any allergies whatsoever.

Plus i got my morning wood back too, which was cool. turns out i was just too sexually active to even get morning wood, haha.

Edited by Kali Yuga

Damn Allergies! How do I get rid of them?

I believe the key is to cleanse your body and strenghten your immune system. You probably didn't just start getting allergic to your environment, more than likmely, your immune system has just reached a point where it can no longer keep up. I suggest:

1. Eat a whole food diet that is primarily plant based

2. meditate

3. Use a nettie pot every morning

yes homeopathics can be. I notice when I walk into a health store and move past a display of them I can hear them all talking their signatures in these loud whispered voices. Kinda freaky.

I just bought a blend called Outdoor Allergy by bioAllers at Whole Foods. I will let you know how it works.

The nasal spray I use ends up being a neti pot with my awkward use of it.

s

i can report that the use of the Outdoor Allergy formula has reduced the symptoms by half. :) yay!

I never had allergies until I moved from a wet climate (florida) to a dry climate (colorado) which is what people tell you to do if you have em.

The ONLY thing that seems to give me the most relief is to move to non processed food with no sugar with minimal dairy, minimal grains (like one serving of bread a day if that). I try to get in a pound or two of veggies and a pound of berry type fruits a day. (I have a vitamix or otherwise I wouldn't eat so much good for you food.) I keep meat down to a couple of servings a week. Lotsa bean type stuff but I stay away from things like processed soy or whatever you get off the shelf that people say is good for you but is full of crappy ingredients. I make most of my own food. I am starting to grow my own food. using this system.

I think that strengthens my constitution which keeps down the allergy susceptibility. Right now I am suffering because i veered off for awhile from eating that way. I can go thru a half a box of tissues in the AM and rub my eyes till they are raw and puffy from the itching. The whole food diet is the only thing that really helps me. Doesn't have to be raw. Too much raw is too much yin for me.

I use a lot of nasal spray with aloe too to keep my nose from getting sore. I am miserable with it right now. I am going to check for some homeopathic remedies at the store today. I do not otherwise use any OTC or prescription treatments.

s

Would you suggest Multi-Vitamin Daily?

Thanks for sharing!:)

s

What do you cook?

What do you eat breakfast,snacks,lunch and dinner?

Those are very good points!

I believe the key is to cleanse your body and strenghten your immune system. You probably didn't just start getting allergic to your environment, more than likmely, your immune system has just reached a point where it can no longer keep up. I suggest:

1. Eat a whole food diet that is primarily plant based

2. meditate

3. Use a nettie pot every morning

Yes!

This is my second year where I am getting allergies!

This year has been the worst!

So basically Veggie/Raw diet?

Sign in to follow this